Zelix is the main character of MainFrame. The first character the player encounters, he becomes a beta tester for a brand new massive multiplayer online role-playing game being developed by Gemini Studios. A calm and collected person, he is generally unaffected by anything dramatic or disappointing.
Zelix has black hair, hanging at the sides of his face and over his forehed in short, thick strands. He has gray eyes and black eyebrows. His face is simple, and he usually wears a white shirt and a black coat with red fringes and long cuffs. His pants are gray in color with blue stripes up the sides. He wears slip-on, black shoes and no gloves. He is five feet and ten inches tall.
He is very calm and collected, almost uncaring in many situations. He is aware of his true power, and thus not over-confident or self-deprivating. He enjoys the company of his friends and is prepared for just about anything, capable of easily assessing most situations.
- Beth: The first beta tester Zelix comes across, she is overly aggressive and violent, something Zelix doesn't seem to mind.
- Lisa: A little girl Zelix meets when threatened by the power of a powerful beast. Unaware of her own power, she looks up to Zelix as though he is a big brother.
- Alex: When entering the factory area of the video game, Zelix and his friends meet Alex as he fights off a cluster of machines. He becomes Zelix's best friend.
- Kristy: The first of two twins Zelix meets, the two do not interact much. Their similar personalities make it rather akward when they are left alone.
- Chris: The second twin, he is hyperactive and almost the polar opposite of Zelix. He jumps into situations without thinking, which Zelix generally has to fix. He looks up to Zelix.
- Brian: An older beta tester with much more experience than most, he generally uses martial arts. He seems to like Zelix due to his non-chaotic personality.
- Serina: A younger girl who joins the group after saving them from a berserk group of glitches. She quickly gains a crush on Zelix, who seems completely oblivious.
- Azure: The two get along pretty well, but Azure is always trying to influence Zelix's decisions; he wants to try and make sure nobody and nothing gets hurt in the end.
- Yuri: With little interaction with anybody, Zelix is no exception. Almost cautious of her, Zelix is too afraid to see what happens when she is angry or upset.
In Combat, Zelix is one of the first two characters the player is given the opportunity to play as, alongside Beth. He uses a Sword in battle, capable of mostly slashing attacks.
In terms of stats, Zelix is very balanced and his stats are the basis for other characters, with slight modifications made. The Base Values apply when Zelix is level 0 with no equipment, and they increase with every level by a static amount. While only Zelix, Beth, and Lisa can be obtained at level 0, these base stats still exist for other characters. The End Values are what that stat is at level 100 with no equipment.
|Stat||Base Value||End Value|
|RAM (Skill Points)||500||3,000|
|Limit Charge||5 sec||3 sec|
- Simple Slash (Basic Attack) - Slashing attack based on weapon
- At close range, Zelix will attack the target with a diagonal slash
- At long range, Zelix will run up to the target and slash horizontally
- Wide Arc (Basic Attack) - Slashing attack based on weapon
- At close range, Zelix performs a simple spin with his blade outstretched
- At long range, Zelix runs up to the target before sweeping with a wide arc
- Piercing Blade (Skill Attack) - Stabbing attack based on weapon
- At close range, Zelix lifts the blade over his shoulder before thrusting it forward
- At long range, Zelix rams into the target with his blade pointed forward
- Whirlwind Blade (Skill Attack) - Slashing attack based on weapon
- Regardless of range, Zelix spins his blade in a circle, sending out a shockwave
- Combo Blade (Skill Attack) - Slashing attack based on weapon
- At close range, Zelix slashes twice and finishes with a stab
- At long range, Zelix will ram the target with the hilt before lifting the blade and plunging it down
- Cinder Strike (Skill Attack) - Slashing attack of the fire element
- At close range, Zelix snaps to light his blade on fire before slashing vertically
- At long range, Zelix snaps to light his blade on fire before running forward and slashing
- Flaming Pulse (Skill Attack) - Bashing attack of the fire element
- Regardless of range, Zelix lifts his blade which launches a barrage of flaming chunks of coal
- Lava Eruption (Skill Attack) - Stabbing attack of the fire element
- At close range, Zelix stabs the ground and jumps back to create an eruption beneath the target
- At long range, Zelix stabs the ground to create an eruption beneath the target
- Icicle Strike (Skill Attack) - Stabbing attack of the ice element
- At close range, Zelix snaps to freeze his blade before plunging it downward
- At long range, Zelix snaps to freeze his blade before thrusting it at the target
- Freezing Pulse (Skill Attack) - Bashing attack of the ice element
- Regardless of range, Zelix lifts his blade which launches a barrage of icy chunks
- Gale Friction (Skill Attack) - Slashing attack of the ice element
- At close range, Zelix jumps back and slashes the air to create an icy shockwave
- At long range, Zelix slashes the air to create an icy shockwave
- Reinforced Steel (Skill Attack) - Bashing attack of the metal element
- At close range, Zelix lifts his blade before slamming the hilt downward
- At long range, Zelix toward the target, swinging the hilt of his blade around
- Knife Storm (Skill Attack) - Stabbing attack of the metal element
- Regardless of range, Zelix lifts his sword to summon a series of knives which rain down
- Sword Finisher (Skill Attack) - Slashing attack of the metal element
- Regardless of range, Zelix performs a seven-hit combo on the target
- Blade Rotary (Support) - Counterattack stance
- Zelix stabs the ground and stands on his toes
- If an attack is directed at him while in this stance, Zelix will swing around his blade and kick the attacker away
- Blade Stance (Support) - Evasive stance
- Zelix sheethes his sword and stands on his toes
- If an attack is directed at him while in this stance, Zelix has a chance to dodge out of the way
- Blade Guard (Support) - Defensive stance
- Zelix holds his blade in front of his body in a horizontal cross
- If an attack is directed at him, Zelix will have increased Physical Defense
- Blade Ready (Support) - Offensive stance
- Zelix lifts his blade up level with his shoulder
- On Zelix's next attack, his Raw Power will be increased
- Blade Fling (Support) - Protective stance
- Zelix rests his blade on his shoulder
- If an attack is directed at an ally, Zelix will throw the blade so that the attacker will also take damage
- Gigabreak (Ultimate) - Slashing attack of the metal element
- Zelix's blade is coated in titanium which he uses to knock the target into the air, perform a combo, and finish with a downward slash
- Excalibur (Ultimate) - Stabbing attack of the light element
- Zelix lifts his blade to parting clouds, followed by a ray of light showering onto his blade which allows him to slash and create a large shockwave of holy energy
- Soulblade (Ultimate) - Bashing attack of the dark element
- Zelix stabs his blade into the ground, lifting it to reveal pulsating darkness coating the blade which allows him to slash vertically and create a large shockwave of dark energy
Each motherboard in MainFrame has a unique name for each character, generally based on how their weapon works or simply what it is. Functioning similarly to "skill trees" from other games, it is a series of circuits on a motherboard that can be activated by using points gained through level up. The cap for the game is level 100, so up to 100 points can be spent on the motherboards.