This page is for Young Link for Super Smash Bros. Battle of Time ONLY. Do not edit this page unless you are given permission to do so.
Young Link is one of the protagonist of The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask for the N64. He is a 10 year old hero
|Young Link (SSBBOT)|
|Full Name||Young Link|
|Ability/ies||Transforming, Time Traveling|
|First Appearance||Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time|
|Latest Appearance||Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask|
How to Unlock
- Complete Classic Mode with Link and Zelda on Easy,
- Have him join you in Story Mode
- Play 3 Times as Link on Temple
Normal and tilt attacks
- Neutral attack- Same as Link's, three slashes, followed by a barrage of them if "a" is hit again after the last initial hit connecting. In respective order of damage: 2-3%, 2%, 4-5%, and 1% per consecutive hit.
- Dash attack- Slashes in front and slows down. Surprisingly powerful, for a dash attack, can lead into an edgeguard. Can kill horizontally at high damages. 10% damage.
- Down tilt- Swipes sword whilst crouching. Can lead into various combos, though somewhat slow. Incredibly powerful meteor smash if used against a foe on the ledge. 10% damage.
- Forward tilt- Brings sword down, in an axe-like fashion. There's a small noticeable startup delay. 12% damage.
- Up tilt- Swings in an arc above himself. Quick, leads into various air combos if the foe DI's correctly. Above average KO power beyond high damages, usually 120%+. His up tilt can KO faster than his up smash. Does 8% damage.
- Forward smash- Swings his sword in front once with low set knockback, and if "A" is pressed again, he will do a much more powerful cleave to follow. The first hit easily chains into the second, though DI-able. Very strong finisher, damage and knockback wise. First hit does 10% uncharged, 13% fully, then 10% uncharged, 10% fully. Total 20% uncharged, 23% fully charged.
- Down smash- Swipes sword to both sides. 13% front, 11% back uncharged, 17% front, 14% back fully charged.
- Up smash- Does his up-tilt three times in a row. Hits all usually follow into each other with the final having the most knockback, though DI-able and is an unreliable finishing attack. Up to 11% uncharged, 15% fully. Fully charged is usually the toughest time to get all hits successfully connecting. The last hit has an odd property, as it could knock the foe sideways.
- Ledge attack- Gets up and flips, thrusts out sword. 8% damage.
- 100% Ledge attack- Climbs up slowly and sticks out his sword in a similar fashion to the third hit of his neutral attacks. 8% damage.
- Floor attack- Quickly swipes to both sides and picks himself up. 6% each side.
- Neutral aerial- A standard "sex kick". 12% when it comes out, 6% weakest.
- Down aerial- Very similar to Link's, thrusts his sword down with massive damage, knockback, ending lag, and duration. If the opponent is positioned above or to the side of Young Link, then it will powerfully meteor smash. Second strongest meteor smash in Melee. If the opponent is below Young Link, it results in considerable vertical knockback on the first hit. Can KO grounded opponents at high percent if the opponent doesn't get meteor smashed. One of the strongest meteor on grounded opponent in Melee. If the grounded opponent is on the soft platform and side or above of Young Link, then it will launch opponent upward powerfully, capable of star KOing any grounded opponents (only if the characters is at the soft platform) around 75%. 14% when the move comes out and deals 17% damage afterward. The meteor smash sets the foe on fire and inflicts 17-21%.
- Forward aerial- Two sword swings in front. Some ending and startup lag. Around 12% for the first slash.
- Back aerial- Two kicks to his behind. The last hit is hard to connect with unless the player is attempting to the last hit without the first hit. 13% total damage.
- Up aerial- Aims sword upwards. Not good for KO-ing, better at juggling. 15% damage.
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel- The average 2-3% damage per pummel, Young Link whacks the foe with the end of his sword's handle.
- Forward throw- Kicks foe forward. Can chaingrab against heavy foes, or can simply lead into a combo or follow-up attack. 6% damage.
- Up throw- Takes foe and swings his sword in an arch above, launching to foe above. Can lead into various combos, or simply his up aerial. At high percentage it can lead to his down aerial's meteor smash (up to 200%) if timed correctly. Can KO at 210%. 6% damage.
- Down throw- Very suddenly grounds the foe and tackles them. This launches the foe temporarily in the air right in front of Young Link, and can lead into many combos, though DI-able. 6% damage.
|Standard Special Move:||Ice Arrow|
|Side Special Move:||Ocarina of Time|
|Up Special Move:||Spin Attack|
|Down Special Move:|
|Final Smash||Fiecre Deity Link|