Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Previous Smash Appearances||SSB, SSBM, SSBB, SSB4|
|Final Smash||Super Dragon|
This article details Yoshi as he appears in Super Smash Bros. Crusade, not the character as a whole. Please do not edit anything here unless it is categories that could be added or if the creator gives you permission.
Yoshi returns in Super Smash Bros. Crusade, alongside the other 7 starters of the original Smash Bros. He was first confirmed on July 2, 2015, in the debut trailer of the game alongside 14 other characters. Yoshi retains his abilities of a capable air fighter with powerful jumps, but he brings a new Mini-Egg mechanic with him that also makes him a great projectile thrower. Yoshi keeps his upright stance from Super Smash Bros. 4 and visually looks a lot brighter, resembling the Yoshi seen in Yoshi's Woolly World. Kazumi Totaka voices Yoshi again, albeit with most of the clips coming from either Super Smash Bros. 4 or Yoshi's Woolly World.
Major Changes from Smash 4
- Yoshi has a much brighter and plasticy look to him, comparable to the Yoshi seen in Yoshi's Woolly World.
- Similar to Egg Toss, Egg Roll now features a small rainbow trail as it moves along.
- Air speed has been slightly increased.
- First jump height has been increased.
- Down Smash now draws in opponents to the other side of the attack, but the individual strikes are much weaker.
- Every single one of Down Aerial's hits has been lowered by 1%.
- When Yoshi gobbles an opponent with his Neutral B, he now produces a Mini Egg. These Mini Eggs can be aimed and thrown with the Up Special, providing a more powerful but straightforward projectile.
- Yoshi's previous Up Special (without Mini Eggs) has much higher vertical recovery.
- Egg Roll now deals slight damage during the start of a jump.
|Neutral Special||Egg Lay||Yoshi swallows an opponent and traps them into an egg. Produces a Mini Egg.|
|Custom Special 1||Lick||Yoshi poke an opponent with his tongue.|
|Custom Special 2||Egg Launch||The egg is launched farther away, but is easier to break out of.|
|Side Special||Egg Roll||Yoshi curls into an egg, and can roll over opponents.|
|Custom Special 1||Heavy Egg Roll||Yoshi curls into a large egg that is slower and stronger.|
|Custom Special 2||Light Egg Roll||Yoshi curls into an egg and bounces forwards once before breaking out.|
|Up Special||Egg Throw||Yoshi throws an egg in an aimable arc as he jumps up. With Mini Eggs, he throws them in an aimable line.|
|Custom Special 1||Mini Egg Throw||Yoshi always throws Mini Eggs, preventing him from getting as much recovery.|
|Custom Special 2||Timed Egg Throw||Eggs explode after a set time and do little damage from contact.|
|Down Special||Yoshi Bomb||Yoshi pounds the ground, creating small stars.|
|Custom Special 1||Star Bomb||The attack does less damage but creates bigger stars.|
|Custom Special 2||Multi Bomb||The ground pound counts as multiple hits, but creates no stars.|
|Final Smash||Super Dragon||Yoshi transforms into a free-flying dragon that spits fireballs and streams of flames.|
- Up: Dances around in a circle, chanting "Yoshi!".
- Right: Chases his tail around in circles.
- Left: Performs a small flutter jump and finishes with a "ta-da" pose, chanting "Yoshi!".
- Down: Looks towards the camera and hops up and down, chanting "Yoshi Yoshi!".
Yoshi breaks out of a Yoshi Egg.
Yoshi chants "Yoshi! Yoshi!".
- Yoshi punches forward and then makes a "ta-da" pose.
- Looks up with his hands together, spins around, and then makes a V-sign with his hand.
- Yoshi performs a series of attacks before turning his back.
Yoshi quickly claps towards the winner.
- Yoshi does a short dance.
- Yoshi looks around.
A man's best friend is a dog, but Mario's best friend is Yoshi! This friendly dino hails from Yoshi's Island, where Mario first freed him from an egg on his way to save Peach. Their first tales take place long before that, however! Yoshi's a great air fighter who can spend a lot of time high up. Check out that Flutter Jump!
When Yoshi swallows an opponent, he'll make a Mini Egg. This egg will follow Yoshi along until he uses his Up Special, where he can aim and then throw the egg in a certain direction. The egg will break if it hits a surface 3 times, but it only becomes more powerful as it does, changing from green to yellow to red.
Yoshi Bomb is a rather powerful attack that also comes out rather fast. The Star Bomb custom is not as powerful, but it creates giant stars that do a ton of damage. A good strategy is to hit the opponents with the stars from Star Bomb and then lick them up to create powerful Mini Eggs in order to hit your opponents from far.
Yoshi's Final Smash allows him to turn into a dragon!....I think? Yoshi can fly around with his wings in this mode, as well as spew fireballs at opponents. Alternatively, if you wait long enough, Yoshi will spew a stream of fire that does more damage. Make the most out of this mvoe in the short time that you have to use it!