This page is for Yoshi in Super Smash Bros. Global Apocalypse ONLY. Do NOT edit this page unless you are given permission to do so.
Yoshi is a green dinosaur and a major character of the Mario series, first appearing in the 1990 SNES game Super Mario World. Eventually, Yoshi spun-off into his very own series.
|First Appearance||Super Mario World (1990)|
Yoshi, and specifically called Green Yoshi, is one of the heroes of the Mushroom World and an ally of Mario and Luigi. He is a member of the Yoshi race and has aided his brethren in saving their homeland on multiple occassions. Yoshi has also saved other kingdoms from the villain Bowser as well. In his youth, he managed rescue and protect Baby Mario and Baby Luigi from Kamek and his Koopa army. Yoshi is also one of the few members of his race who can speak the human language. Yoshi's personality is similar to Mario's; a friendly individual who always helps those in need. Yoshi has also earned his place in the clan as a leader, due to his couragous acts. Yoshi also has a big appetite. He moslty eats fruits but can sometimes even eat enemies and digest them into eggs.
Yoshi is relatively lighter and faster than he was in previous Smash games. Yoshi is also very floaty, making his aerial combat a bit sloppy. Most of Yoshi's attacks have been upgraded in terms of speed and damage, whereas some have been completely replaced by new ones. Yoshi's Special Moves are now more powerful, including his Up Special move which now allows him to fully recover. His Smash attacks are somewhat weak for his size. His tilts and decent in both speed, damage and knocback and his Grabs & Throws are different from other characters, as they allow him to chew them and inflict them great damage. Yoshi also has the ability to crawl.
- Neutral Attack - Left kick, then right kick. 9%
- Side Tilt - Tail Flick. 9%
- Up Tilt - Tail uppercut. 9%
- Down Tilt - Low Tail whip. 9%
- Dash Attack - Running headbutt. 11%
- Side Smash - Headbutt. 22% (if fully charged)
- Up Smash - Upward headbutt. 22% (if fully charged)
- Down Smash - Double tail whip. 19% (if fully charged)
- Ledge Attack - Gets up and whips his tail. 6%
- Floor Attack (face-up) - Whips his tail while spinning. 6%
- Floor Attack (face-down) - Kicks on both sides. 6%
- Floor Attack (sitting) - Two quick headbutts on both sides. 6%
- Neutral Aerial - A roundhouse kick. 12%
- Forward Aerial - Headbutt - 16%
- Back Aerial - Quadruple tail whip. 14%
- Up Aerial - Does a flip and hits upwards with his tail. 13%
- Down Aerial - Flutter Kick. 33% (maximum)
Grabs & Throws
- Pummel - Chews on the opponent. 2%
- Forward Throw - Spits the opponent forward. 5%
- Back Throw - Spits the opponent backward. 7%
- Up Throw - Spits the opponent upward. 6%
- Down Throw - Spits the opponent downward, then stomps him. 8%
|Yoshi's Special Moves|
|Standard Special||Egg Lay|
|Side Special||Egg Toss|
|Up Special||Yoshi Swing|
|Down Special||Yoshi Bomb|
|Final Smash||Super Dragon|
- Up - Dances around in a circle and says "Yoshi!!".
- Side - Spins around, chasing his tail, then looks at it.
- Down - Waves to the screen saying "Yoshi, Yoshi!!".
- Makes a march pose, similar to the picture at the top of the page.
Jumps out of a Yoshi Egg.
- Makes a short dance, then makes a pose at the screen.
- Jumps diagonally while cheering.
- Appears sitting on the floor, eating a cookie.
Claps to the winner.