Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Yoshi's Island Omega is a 3D remake of Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island for the Wii U as part of the Super Mario Omega series. It was released in 2015 and has a large number of differences from the original and the GBA version surrounding gameplay, storyline, content and graphics, and features.
The game follows the same story as its predecessors in which Yoshi and Baby Mario must save Baby Luigi after he is kidnapped by Kamek. However, there's a new twist that after the Giant Baby Bowser was defeated, adult Bowser came in to challenge Yoshi, similar to the past Yoshi titles (except Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island).
Worlds and Levels
The game features all the levels from the previous game and also has 6 Special levels, 1 for each of the 6 worlds.
World 0 consists solely of a short and basic tutorial level, named Welcome to Yoshi's Island, only playable after starting a new file.
World 1 takes place in a grassy plain, and gives a taste of the different types of stages in the game.
- Make Eggs, Throw Eggs
- Watch Out Below!
- The Cave of Chomp Rock
- Burt the Bashful's Fort
- Hop! Hop! Donut Lifts
- Shy Guys on Stilts
- Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
- Salvo the Slime's Castle
- Secret: Exercise in the Skies
- Extra: Poochy Ain't Stupid
World 2 is a forested mountainous region in the uplands. It boasts more complex levels and more enemies.
- Visit Koopa and Para-Koopa
- The Baseball Boys
- What's Gusty Taste Like?
- Bigger Boo's Fort
- Watch Out for Lakitu
- The Cave of the Mystery Maze
- Lakitu's Wall
- The Potted Ghost's Castle
- Secret: Mystery of the Castle?
- Extra: Hit That Switch!!
World 3 is located in a steamy jungle, and contains a lot of water sections.
- Welcome to Monkey World!
- Jungle Rhythm...
- Nep-Enut's Domain
- Prince Froggy's Fort
- Jammin' Through the Trees
- The Cave of Harry Hedgehog
- Monkeys' Favorite Lake
- Naval Piranha's Castle
- Secret: Go! Go! Morphing!
- Extra: More Monkey Madness
World 4 takes place in a sunset landscape.
- GO! GO! MARIO!!
- The Cave of the Lakitus
- Don't Look Back!
- Marching Milde's Fort
- Chomp Rock Zone
- Lake Shore Paradise
- Ride Like the Wind
- Hookbill the Koopa's Castle
- Secret: Fight Bad Guys w/ Bad Guys
- Extra: The Impossible? Maze
World 5 takes place on an icy mountain. The first three stages take place on the mountain, while the last four are in the sky.
- Ride the Ski Lifts
- Danger - Icy Conditions Ahead
- Sluggy the Unshaven's Fort
- Goonie Rides!
- Welcome to Cloud World
- Shifting Platforms Ahead
- Raphael the Raven's Castle
- Secret: Items are Fun!
- Extra: Kamek's Revenge
The last world is located on the Bowser's Kingdom. It has lots of barren landscape and caverns, as well as lava, spikes, and many obstacles.
- Scary Skeleton Goonies!
- The Cave of the Bandits
- Beware the Spinning Logs
- Tap-Tap the Red Nose's Fort
- The Very Loooooong Cave
- The Deep, Underground Maze
- KEEP MOVING!!!!
- King Bowser's Castle
- Bowser's Final Fight!
- Secret: Crazy Days
- Extra: The Castle Mega-Challenge
List of changes
- The Pause Menu has a new design.
- The Yoshi's Island Mini Battle code was changed (because the Wii U didn't have an L and R buttons, so it changed to A A 1 2 and B (while holding Up on a nunchuk).
- The 2-Player option for Mini Battles was re-added since the original game. All Mini Battles now have the 2-Player modes. Two new Mini Battles were also added: Breath-Holding Contest and Mine Kart Race.
- Crossover characters, such as Kirby and Sonic the Hedgehog, made appearances throughout the game.
- A new type of Bandit was added. In case, the Egg Bandit, which is yellow.
- A few levels has their name changes. For example, it changed from "Ultimate Castle Challenge" to "The Castle Mega-Challenge".
- A new level with the Adult Bowser battle was added, right after the Giant Baby Bowser was defeated. This only happens if Yoshi gets all 100% score in all levels.
- Adult Mario and Adult Luigi made surprise appearances after Adult Bowser was defeated. There, they jumped out of warp pipes and ran off, similar to Yoshi's New Island.
- A new room was added in "The Cave of Bandits". It has an Egg Bandit in it.
- All of the secret and extra levels in the original game were modified for this version, most noticeably Poochy Isn't Stupid.
- Several sounds used by bosses and enemies were replaced by sound clips from many Mario games, especially the Mario Party series.
- In the opening cinematic, the story in the SNES version starts "A long, long time ago... This is a story about baby Mario and Yoshi..." and GBA version starts out "This is a story about Baby Mario and Yoshi... A story that took place a long, long time ago.. The Wii U version has "Here's a story about Baby Mario and Yoshi." instead.
- When entering Bowser's room, Kamek says "YOU! are n-n-not welcome HERE!!! Yoshi, please hand OVER THE BABY!" in the original, and "Welcome!!! Yoshi, if you would be so kind, please HAND OVER THE BABY!" in the GBA version. The Wii U version instead has "Yoshi! You're not so welcome here! If you try to notice about something, just HAND ME THE BABY!".