Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Xerneas did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#716|
|Kalos Dex Nr.||#148 (Mountain)|
|First Appearance||Pokémon X And Y|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Average Weight||474.0 lbs.|
Xerneas (Japanese: ゼルネアス Xerneas) is a Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
Xerneas is the version mascot of Pokémon X, appearing on the boxart.
Xerneas is a blue and black, quadrupedal, cervine Pokémon with an eight-horned set of antlers extending out from its head, four on each side. Xerneas's coloration changes slightly depending on what mode it is in: Active Mode or Neutral Mode. In Active Mode, each horn is pale gold and adorned with a colorful, three-part glowing protrusion twining through the horn (orange, red, purple, and teal-blue), one side mirroring the other. The colors gradually turn lighter to darker when moving from base to tip. In Neutral Mode, the horns are pale blue and the protrusions the same blue as its upper body. Xerneas's head is blue with two horns on either side of its head, and the root of its horns mark its face, just below the eye and over the nose. Its eyes are the same color as its fur, and its pupils are X-shaped. The blue portion of its body ends at the chest area where the "fur" juts outward to the side, similar to the blue horns on its face. On its breast is an inverted V-shape that is also pale gold in Active Mode and pale blue in Neutral Mode. The inside of the V-shape is black and extends into its lower body.
The rest of its body is black with a blue stripe running along its spine; when it is in Active Mode, the shine from its horns decorate its back in small, multicolored spots. It has a slim, fluffy black tail where the blue stripe ends. Its legs are fashioned like blades with forward-pointing "hooks" at the tips, creating a cross shape, with the main "edges" trimmed with the same color as the horns (pale gold in Active Mode, pale blue in Neutral Mode); the trim on its forelegs further map a crude sword-like pattern: a long blade, a cross-guard, and a hilt.
Xerneas has the power to share eternal life; this occurs as the horns on its head shine in seven colors. When Xerneas is at the end of its life, it releases all of its life energy into all the living things in around it and transforms into a tree to sleep for 1,000 years. Xerneas also has the power to create forests, making Xerneas a benevolent force in nature. Xerneas is the only known Pokémon capable of learning the move Geomancy.
- Xerneas is the only single-type Legendary Pokémon introduced in Generation VI.
- Xerneas has the highest Attack base stat and the highest base stat total of all Fairy-type Pokémon.
- Xerneas has the same stat distribution as Yveltal.
- Xerneas is the only version mascot whose signature move is a status move.
- Xerneas is tied with Yveltal and Rayquaza for having the highest catch rate of all legendary Pokémon, with a catch rate of 45. This is likely due to Xerneas being a required capture during the storyline of Pokémon X and Y.
- Xerneas, along with Yveltal, was designed by art designers Ken Sugimori and Yusuke Ohmura. Initial design for the two Legendary Pokémon was started by Sugimori, but he encountered 'artist's block', having a hard time coming up with concepts. For the first time, he gave the work over to another designer, Ohmura. Ohmura furthered the designs, after which Sugimori resumed to finish them.
- Xerneas is the heaviest Fairy-type Pokémon.
- Xerneas' Neutral Mode has no special animations that play in the Hoenn Pokédex, but it plays Active Mode's attack animations if tapped on in the Pokémon summary screen.
Xerneas's appearance is based on a cervid in the shape of the letter X (known as a saltire in heraldry) or an X mark. It may incorporate elements of Eikþyrnir and the four stags Dáinn, Dvalinn, Duneyrr and Duraþrór. Eikþyrnir resides in Valhalla eating the foliage of Læraðr with glowing horns that drip with dew. According to the Poetic Edda, the four stags resided in the trunk of the World Tree Yggdrasil and ate its branches and fresh shoots. Xerneas's tree form may be based on Yggdrasil itself.
Xerneas comes from the letter X. It may be derived from cervus (Latin for deer), Cernunnos (horned Celtic god), and Ceryneian Hind.
← #715: Noivern
#717: Yveltal →