Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Weezing did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#110|
|Kanto Dex Nr.||#110|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Red And Blue|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Average Weight||66.1 lbs.|
Weezing (Japanese: マタドガス Matadogas) is a Poison-type Pokémon.
It evolves from Koffing starting at level 35.
Weezing is a purple Pokémon consisting of two spherical heads connected by a thin tube with another sphere in the center. The heads have differing sizes and features. The left head is larger, and has prominent eyebrows, pointed teeth protruding from its lower jaw, and two flat teeth in its upper jaw. The smaller, right head simply has two pointed teeth, one at each corner of its mouth. The larger head has a cream-colored skull-and-crossbones marking below its face, while the smaller head has a light yellow circle instead. It is covered with many crater-like protrusions, which usually expel yellowish gases. Weezing is said to form when poisonous gases pool and two Koffing fuse over many years. Very rarely, two Koffing can become a Weezing in a short timespan because of a sudden mutation. Triplet Weezing have been discovered, although it is extremely rare.à
Each of Weezing's heads contains a different toxin. It mixes its gases by inflating one head and deflating the other. When its gases mix, Weezing becomes more toxic and putrid. Weezing can hover in midair, presumably due to gases lighter than air, as is the case for Koffing. Despite their stench and poison, Weezing's gases can be used to make top-grade perfume by diluting them to the highest level.
Weezing lives in urban areas. It seeks a dirty, unkempt house and nests there. At night, when the people in the house are asleep, it will go through the trash. Weezing feeds on the dust, microorganisms, and especially gases emitted by garbage and toxic waste. Weezing's body expands and it starts smelling worse upon inhaling poisonous gases.
- In the Pokémon Red and Blue beta, Weezing was originally known as "La", representing Los Angeles' polluted air.
- Weezing and Koffing are the only pure Poison-type Pokémon immune to Ground-type attacks, due to their in-game Ability, Levitate.
- In certain instances in the games, such as summary pages and Pokémon Contests, a Pokémon's sprite will be horizontally flipped, unless its body is asymmetrical. For some reason, Weezing's sprite will get flipped in all instances despite its asymmetrical body. However, it may be explained by the twin bodies alternately inflating and deflating, as mentioned in the Pokédex, although this wouldn't necessarily explain why the body patterns switch places.
- In Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Pokédex entries for Weezing state that triplet forms have been discovered; however, this variant has not been shown in any Pokémon media.
- Weezing shares similar traits to Muk and Garbodor. All three Pokémon are pure Poison types with a single pre-evolution, roughly the same base stat totals and evolution levels, and appear to be based on a different kind of pollution; Weezing being air pollution.
Considering its looks, its ability to float, and its tendency to explode, it may have been based upon a floating naval mine or living meteorite. It is also based on smog and other forms of air pollution. Weezing may also be based on the imagined fear that heavy pollution, caused by the leakage and/or improper disposal of toxic/radioactive waste, may result in the creation of new and undesirable life.
Weezing is a corruption of wheezing, which means "producing a whistling sound while breathing with difficulty".
Matadogas may come from 又 mata (again), 獰 dō (bad) or 毒 doku (poisonous), and gas. Essentially, it is a doubling of Koffing's Japanese name Dogars, and thus a doubling of Koffing–which is exactly what Weezing is. It may also be a corruption of マスタードガス masutādogasu (mustard gas).
← #109: Koffing
#111: Rhyhorn →