Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Note: this page talks about this character in Super Smash Bros. Devastation.
Wario, the smelly and rude Mario's rival fights again but now with a moveset inspired by a little part from WarioWare series and for the majority by his Wario Land series. He appeared for the first time in Super Mario Land: 6 Golden Coins, in 1992, so he's fought in the fourth level of the All-Star Mode.
How to unlock
- Win 30 fights.
- Complete 100-Men Smash.
- Have him join you team in the story mode.
With the exception of the third way, you must fight and defeat Wario in WarioWare, Inc. with WarioWare, Inc. Medley.
Wario is one of the most changed fighters from the previous games (the others being Bowser, Lucas and Dark Pit for example) with his moveset now remade in part to be more similar to his Wario Land series moves. In fact, Chomp and Corkscrew have been changed to Dragon Wario and Balloon Wario. However, Wario lost some of his knockback in this game but has been buffed in his ground and air speed.
- Weight: 8/10
- Speed: 6/10
- Jump: 8/10
- Throws: 7/10
Changes between Smash 4
- Wario's main costume is his yellow one.
- Wario's ground speed and air speed are faster.
- Several moves have lower knockback.
- Jab combo has a third new hit: he performs a slow uppercut with good knockback.
- Side Smash is his Shoulder Bash again.
- Up Smash is now a bite. It has a very lower knockback but it can be a better starter for combos.
- Down tilt can now be used for pseudo-crawl.
- Down Smash is an earthquake punch which has a set knockback.
- Down aerial now uses his bottom to attack. It can be a meteor smash.
- Up aerial has a better meteor effect upwards.
- Back aerial is a punch. It's slower but stronger.
Grab and throws
- Grab's range is better.
- Pummel is faster and stronger.
- Up throw has a lower knockback.
- Standard special is Dragon Wario. It's weaker but it's a projectile.
- Wario Bike's hitbox lasts before.
- Up special is Balloon Wario. It has a bigger range, it's stronger and covers more distance than Corkscrew.
- Standard: Dragon Wario. Wario's hat becomes a dragon which shoots fire. The fire inflicts 7% of damage. Customization: Ice Dragon Wario/Big Flame Wario.
- Side: Wario Bike. Wario rides his bike, inflicting a variable damage depending of his speed. The bike can be also grabbed and thrown and can't be two Wario Bikes. Customization: Speeding Bike/Burying Bike.
- Up: Balloon Wario. Wario jumps up spinning and then he floats with his head full of air. Customization: High Jump Balloon/Balloon Fighter.
- Down: Wario Waft. Wario...farts! The longer you wait, the stronger is this move (Wario can't choose when fart) and this move can inflict from 0% of damage to 27%, depending of the time you waited. Customization: Rose-Scented Waft/Quick Waft.
- Final Smash: Wario-Man. Wario becomes his super alter ego for 30 seconds. All of his attacks are faster and inflict double damage. Also, Wario takes infinite knockback.
- Air dodge: Melee.
- Wavedash: yes.
- Traction: average.
- Taunt: laughs and closes his mouth with his hands.
- Entrance: arrives destroying his motorbike.
- Weight value: 107.
- In team battles, Wario can appear only with his overalls.
- Yellow overalls (default)
- Cyan overalls (Blue team)
- Green overalls (Green team)
- Red overalls (Red Team)
- Classic biker
- Red biker
- Yellow biker
- Purple biker