Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Volcarona did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#637|
|Ability/ies|| Flame Body |
|Average Height||5'03" (1.6 m)|
|Average Weight||101.4 lbs. (46.0 kg)|
Volcarona (Japanese: ウルガモス Ulgamoth) is a dual-type Bug/Fire Pokémon.
It evolves from Larvesta starting at level 59.
Volcarona is a large, moth-like Pokémon with four small feet. It appears to have compound eyes that are two shades of blue, and there is a red horn-like structure on each side of its face. The fuzz on its upper body is smoky white and tangled. Its abdomen is black in the center and light blue with black dots on the outside. It has six leaf-like wings that are orange in color and have small black spots. Volcarona releases fiery scales from its wings to create a sea of fire. It is said that its fires can replace the sun when it is dark with ash, and it has been known to rescue freezing Pokémon. it can cloak itself with fire and dance to use its signature move, Fiery Dance.
Post your games involving Volcarona here.
- No other Pokémon has the same type combination as Volcarona and its pre-evolution.
- Volcarona has the highest Special Attack base stat of all Bug-type Pokémon.
- Larvesta takes the longest to go through a single stage of evolution of all Pokémon, evolving at level 59.
- Volcarona shares its species name with Espeon and Sunflora. They are all known as *the Sun Pokémon.
- Volcarona is the only Pokémon with a catch rate of 15.
- Volcarona is the only Pokémon with a base stat total of 550.
- Volcarona and its pre-evolution are the only non-Legendary Pokémon that learn a move upon reaching level 100.
- Volcarona and its pre-evolution are the only Pokémon with a double weakness to the Rock-type that are not Flying-types.
- This makes them the Pokémon vulnerable to the most damage from entry hazards, able to be affected by both Stealth Rock (from which they take maximum damage) and Spikes.
← #636: Larvesta
#638: Cobalion →