|Victini did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#494|
|Unova Dex Nr.||#000/000|
|First Appearance||Pokémon Black And White|
|Latest Appearance||Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire|
|Average Weight||8.8 lbs.|
Victini (Japanese: ビクティニ Victini) is a dual-type Psychic/Fire Mythical Pokémon.
It is not known to evolve into or from any other Pokémon.
Victini is a small, rabbit-like Pokémon with large, pointed ears which form the letter V. It has large, blue eyes and a round, cream head, which is comparatively large compared to its small, cream body, while the tops of its ears, crest, and extremities are all orange. Its bulbous arms and legs are rounded to make a sort of "cuff" before ending with small, three-fingered hands and two-toed feet. It has two pointed teeth that can be seen on its upper jaw. It also has two cream winglike tails, which allows it to fly. Though timid, it is a caring Pokémon; it will fight if its friends are in danger.
Victini is said to bring victory to the Trainer that befriends it. It produces an infinite amount of energy within itself and can share it with others by touch. It can also become invisible. As shown in White—Victini and Zekrom and Black—Victini and Reshiram, it can send visions to people. It has been shown to enjoy eating macarons, although it sometimes chokes on them. In the same movie, it has also been seen near an Oran Berry bush. Victini is the only known Pokémon that can learn Searing Shot.
- Victini was first shown in a preview for the 14th Pokémon movie at the end of Zoroark: Master of Illusions.
- Victini's Unova Pokédex number is 000, making it the first Pokémon to legitimately have the number 000 in any Pokédex listing.
- Victini is the only Pokémon to be listed before the starter Pokémon of its native region.
- Consequently, Victini is the only Mythical Pokémon of a later generation to appear next to Mythical Pokémon of an earlier generation in the National Pokédex.
- Although Victini has a Shiny sprite, Pokémon Black and White are programmed so that a Shiny Victini cannot be encountered. It shares this trait with Reshiram and Zekrom.
- According to an IGN interview, Victini is Junichi Masuda's favorite Generation V Pokémon.
- Victini was designed by Mana Ibe and it was meant to appeal more to girls than to boys.
- In Black 2 and White 2, if Victini is taken to Liberty Garden, it will come out of its Poké Ball and dance around happily.
Victini's appearance seems to be based on うさぎリンゴ usagi-ringo, a method of cutting apple slices to make them look similar to rabbits. Conceptually, it might draw inspiration from Nike, the Greek, winged goddess of victory, or Victoria, the Roman equivalent of Nike. Its tail wings may be a reference to Nike's wings.
Its theme of "V" could be linked to it being somewhat of the fifth Generation's mascot, "V" being the Roman numeral for 5. "V" could also derive from the initial for victory.
Victini may be a combination of victory and destiny, teeny, or tiny.
← #493: Arceus
#495: Snivy →