So because I'm bored, I feel like doing a request thing that may be useful in a future project or two if it works out well.
So these are my little template dudes. You may remember them from that page of beta sprites I posted. They're upgraded, to say the least (although the obese template is still in the works; this is the very very beta version of him). And I thought that it would be cool if you guys could basically request me to make a Spritesona (I'll dub it that) of you or one of your characters or anything you want. I also might make artwork to accompany it if you want, but we'll see. Its a single sprite, for now, as I don't have walking sprites or multidirectional sprites set up for them yet; that'll come soon enough, though, and I'll show you the updated version of that entire, very full sheet so you can see that I'm actually not doing nothing with my aspiring game development shit.
Anyway though, if you want to make a request, it'd work like this:
- Character Name: For obvious reasons.
- Sprite Size: Out of the templates shown, we've got four humans, and also a penguin. While the obese template man isn't really complete yet and not really reccomended, its still listed for some reason. Anyway, we've got sizes, and depending on the size of your character, you're gonna' wanna' list what size you want the sprite. From left to right, we've got size XL (the fat one), 1 (the taller one of the group; he's about Tucker's size, which IRL is about 54), 2 (the shorter one than that; IRL he'd probably be about 5 feet, maybe shorter), 3 (the shorter one of the group; intended to be a kid at around the height a normal kid is in fourth or fifth grade), and Penguin (which is, well, a penguin). So just pick the size you wanna' use.
- Appearance: A plainly important part of the process here, again for obvious reasons. You can either post a picture or describe the character's appearance in words. Be as specific or vague as you'd like. Description of hairstyle/color, skin color, shirt color/design/type (or no shirt at all), pants color/design/type (or, God forbid, no pants at all), expression, features, and any and all specifics on the character's design. I can easily rework the template to make any robotic parts, deformities, any other miscellaneous add-ons, and I can also make them furries and stuff. Just say the word. Same goes for the Penguin if you wanna' make a penguin; just give me any and all specifics and I'll try to make it happen as best I can.
- Biography: This is entirely optional; if your character has a brief biography that you think would be useful to me and/or want to showcase to the adoring public, go right ahead and post it in your submission. It may help me in the character design.
And that's basically it. If you want a shitty sprite, please post your submission form in the comments. To make it easier, here's an example of what the submission form would look like:
- Name: Tucker.
- Size: 1.
- Appearance: Curly blond hair, black zip-up jacket with a hood, black shirt, blue jeans, pale skin ([insert picture of Tucker that I'm too lazy to find or upload here]).
- Biography: Man dude, bro.
So go do that.
Rage and love, YE out.