This page is the place where I'm going to take notes on the debug mode in Super Monkey Ball. I'll be posting the interesting stuff like debug features and any unused content. This is for the NTSC-U version.
NTSC-U Debug Code (Action Replay)Edit
HUEA-0C49-D4Z7Z M8EC-TBAC-P5CQ2 FP4C-4E4V-9BN0U
When Start is pressed, this simple menu appears.
- GAME START - Goes to the main menu.
- STAGE SELECT - Goes to an unused level select screen.
- MINI MODE - Allows you to goto any of the mini games.
- OPTION - Takes you to the option menu.
- TEST MODE - A menu with a lot of debugging material and settings.
This is the unused stage select screen. Press left or right to view the different levels. Press up or down to view the levels based on the mode they're in. Press A to play the level as Aiai, B for Meemee, Y for Baby, and X for Gongon.
By using the stage select, it is possible to access the unused levels.
Arcade version of Expert floor 28.
Arcade version of Beginner floor 2.
Arcade version of Expert floor 9.
Arcade version of Master floor 9.
Arcade version of Advanced floor 4.
Arcade version of Expert extra floor 6.
Arcade version of Expert extra floor 9.
Arcade version of Beginner extra floor 2.
Arcade version of Beginner extra floor 3.
Arcade version of Expert floor 23.
Arcade version of Expert floor 12.
Arcade version of Expert floor 29.
Arcade version of Advanced extra floor 5.
A completely new level that isn't used at all. The red arrows do nothing.
Arcade version of Advanced floor 7.
Arcade version of Advanced floor 19.
Arcade version of Advanced floor 8.
Arcade version of Expert floor 6.
An unused Monkey race track. There appears to be some spikes under the track that would presumably pop up. There's also some ramps.
An odd goal-less level. Not sure what it was used for.
Another goal-less level. This one was most likely used to test the underwater effects.
An early version of the Monkey target ramp.
This menu appears when MINI MODE is selected on the debug menu.
- TEST0 - Starts the credits mini game.
- MONKEY RACE - Starts a time trial Monkey race.
- BOWLING - Starts Monkey Bowling.
- BILLIARDS - Starts Monkey Billiards.
- FIGHT - Starts Monkey Fight.
- PILOT - Starts Monkey Target.
- RELOCATION SAMPLE - Not sure what this does ATM.
- COMMEND - Displays the awards cutscene.
- RANKING - Displays the rankings.
- ENDING - Displays the Beginner ending cutscene.
Now this is where the real meat of the game is. Lots of debugging features and other technical stuff.
- MODEL TEST - Takes you to the in-game model viewer.
- nlObjPut TEST - Not quite sure what this is ATM.
- EFC MDL TEST - Another model viewer. This one can do some wierd effects on the models.
- PATTERN TEST - Displays the 2D animated sprites.
- PREREND TEST - Displays the preview icons for all the levels, even the unused ones.
- MOTION TEST - Another model viewer. This one allows you to see the various animations of the monkeys.
- BITMAP TEST - An in-game texture viewer.
- FONT TEST - Display the fonts.
- ROMFRONT TEST - Another font viewer, it works a bit different.
- PREVIEW TEST - Displays the small previews of the levels in the bottom right corner.
- INPUT - Displays which buttons are pressed and the coordinates of the analog sticks.
- SOUND TEST - Allows you to listen to the music.
- REPLAY TEST - Allows you to see the replays that are used in the attract demo.
- BLUR TEST - Displays the motion blur effect on any of the replays.
- SHADOW TEST - Displays an area with a strange object that casts shadows on the poles.
- INDIRECT TEST - Displays a wierd unused watery effect on any of the replays.
- DIP SWITCH - Displays some more settings.