|Ultimate Mario X4: Team Adventure|
|TBA 2015 (Worldwide)|
|1-4 Players (Simultaneous)|
|Genre(s)||Action-adventure, platformer, puzzle|
It is a sunny day, and Mario and friends are relaxing on the beach when suddenly, they see a weird-looking ship pass by in the ocean. Out of nowhere appears what seems to be Bowser, who makes an announcement on a megaphone saying that he is currently heading on a mission to destroy the Mushroom Kingdom and create another Kingdom in its place. The group immediately leaves the beach, where they bump into Bowser and Bowser Jr., who are taking a stroll together. They soon realize that it wasn't actually Bowser on the ship, it was just somebody in a Bowser Suit. When they all tell Bowser and Bowser Jr. what happened, the two reluctantly join them in their adventure to save the Mushroom Kingdom.
The gameplay marks a departure from the traditional Mario-style formula. It will be a team-based experience, similar to that of Sonic Heroes. Players will have to navigate large-scale, fully 3D worlds, wherein they will encounter numerous enemies, and will have to solve huge puzzles as well. Players will have the ability to switch between four different characters of their choice over the course of the game, known as their "Dream Team," and they will be encouraged to do so in order to successfully complete the levels. Each world will contain four levels, the last level being a boss battle that will require cooperation to beat.
- Story Mode (1-4 players): The main mode of the game. Follow the game's story by going through all the worlds and completing the levels! Choose between three difficulty levels: = Easy; = Medium;
- Race Mode (2-4 players): A bonus mode that is unlocked once the the Story Mode is completed at least once. Run through any level and see who can complete it the fastest!
- Online Mode: Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection connects you to local friends or worldwide players, and gives you the option of going through the Story Mode together or playing a specific world or level.
It is important to note that players are required to select one All-Around character, one Power character, one Flight character, and one Technique/Tricky character to make up their team. Multiple players can join in mid-game, simply by pressing the "A" button.
Description: All-Around characters are good for dealing with generic enemies... and dealing with any other situation really!
- Mario: Fireball
- Luigi: Emerald Spin
- Peach: Heart Power
- Toad: Ground Mushroom
Description: Need that extra strength to get you through? Well, you can rely on these guys to break boulders and take on larger enemies!
- Bowser: Fire Breath
- Donkey Kong: Boxing Glove
- Wario: Gold Hammer
- Funky Kong: Surfboard Smash
Description: Get past gaps or fly over dangerous areas with the help of these friends!
- Yoshi: Egg Roll
- Paratroopa: Shell Shock
- Petey Piranha: Mud Sling
- Birdo: Suction
Description: These characters have quite a few tricks up their sleeves to sneak by enemies and get through tricky and complicated obstacles!
- Daisy: Flower Power
- Waluigi: Illusion
- Bowser Jr.: Paintbrush Wield
- Boo: Banish