- See Fantendo:Tropes to see the index of the tropes pages.
Fantendo - Genesis is a sequel of Fantendo Smash Bros. Shattered, which is the first main event of the New Fantendoverse storyline. An alien ship crashes on Earth, revealing a creature known as Six working to a bigger deity known as the Threat, who proceeds to attack the Earth. But it also appears that she isn't the only one that wants to destroy the Earth as another threat by the name of Flicker is also threathing the big blue planet, although her origins are linked to another character, 3.14.
Genesis was first revealed in one of Shattered's post credit scenes, with one of the major charactersbeing revealed to return to the new Fantendoverse storyline. As much of the plot is a continuation of Shattered, it is recommended that you read that first before jumping into Genesis.
This work contains the following tropes:
- After the End: Takes place after the Fracture.
- Body Horror: Appears in Chapter 6, during Six's flashbacks after hearing the names of the other Threat's Top 10.
- Dr. Hex's glitch wound and 3.14's body being distorted by Flicker's glitching likely count.
- Cataclysm Backstory: Since it is a sequel to Shattered, it features this.
- Dangerously Genre Savvy: What does Six does after not finding Rachel and Robyn at the Science Convention? Blow shit up!
- Darker And Edgier: Somehow, it is even darker than Shattered.
- Gone Horribly Wrong: Basically how Flicker came to life.
- Original Generation: The Threat's Top 10, Robyn, Flicker, Logi, and Serah all first appear here.
- Turned Against Their Masters: 3.14.
- Serial Escalation: Chapter 6. It starts with Six with a group of kids and then after hearing the names of the other Top 10, she has a flashback of Seven eating carcasses, bloody bodies everywhere. Then she lays on the ground, crying and then agonizing and then finally ending with the entire neighborhood on fire.
- Production Throwback: Some of the earlier YE-focused chapters use corresponding Project Fate dialogue.