|July 7, 2017|
| Single Player
|Media Included|| Blu-ray Disc|
The game’s events take place in WaveLake Studios Hollywood, a Hollywood film industry and an amusement theme park in the year 2020s. In this place, a fighting tournament known as the “Toon-In Smash Tournament” was held in which different cartoon characters must compete against each other in order to impress the WaveLake Studio and pass the audition.
In this story mode, each of the characters' storyline is presented like a cartoon TV series with a different distinct style and its own series title, similar to a PSone fighting game, Evil Zone.
These characters include:
B-Punch (Ray Zora)
Upper-Cut (Roy Lazmen)
Captain Manga (Jake Raymon)
El Muchako Macho
Billybum Bee and Torito
Cutie Rascal Ninja Kitties
Saeed “Shōnen Sa33d” Kesikori
The game engine and playstyle for Toonstalkers are similar to Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes and Skullgirls, incorporating several game mechanics such as tag team-based combat, character assists, snapbacks, and delayed hyper combos.
- Main article: Toonstalkerz/Move Lists
Click on the images to go the allocated character's page.
|Upper-Cut (Ray Zora)|
|Captain Manga (Jake Raymon)|
|El Muchako Macho|
|Billybum Bee and Torito|
|Saeed “Shōnen Sa33d” Kesikori|
|Upper-Cut (Roy Lazmen)|
|Cutie Rascal Ninja Kitties|
- Toonstalkers is a homage/parody to Darkstalkers, a Capcom's fighting game series.
- The inspirations for Toonstalkers are King of Fighters, Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Darkstalkers and Skullgirls as well as modern Japanese anime (such as Shaman King, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and HunterXHunter) and American cartoon series such as The Ren & Stimpy Show, Batman: The Animated Series, and Looney Tunes.
- Originally, the genre of the game will be mostly a 3D Platformer but changed it to a 2D Fighthing due to the creator not liking the idea.
- Toonster was the orginal name of it but changed it to Toonstalkers, since the Korean company already taken the name "Toonster".