The gameplay is much the same as its predecessor, TomoDachi Life, except for slight changes.
- Instead of a map, the player has to spectate around the island using the Left C-Pad to move the spectator, and the Right C-Pad to move the camera angle.
- The voice quality is improved and with more variety
- So is the personality customizer
- Mii+ Can also be imported
Others are unknown
- The game was originally going to be made for the 3DS early on, but it was moved over to the Nintendo + Due to it's advanced hardware.
- Despite the big demand, there still is only straight marriages in the game, however, a free DLC pack can be downloaded from the eShop with this feature.