Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Toad (???) is a starting newcomer in the game Super Smash Bros. Universe. He represents the Super Mario series, and as such uses various items and weapons from Mario franchise as a part of his moveset. Toad is one of several fighters to have 16 costumes, with eight of them switching out to Toadette. Two of these costumes also feature Captain Toad and Captain Toadette.
Toad is a surprisingly heavy fighter with very poor recovery. This is a direct reference to his playable appearance in Super Mario Bros 2 (USA). In addition he uses various weapons from the Mario franchise, and the spin-off games.
Like the previous titles Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/Nintendo 3DS, Universe features custom movesets, however the options are complete changes compared to just modified variations of the standard specials.
- Neutral Attack - Toad takes out a spear and strikes opponents with it three times. Based off of the spear used by the Toad Guards in Super Mario Galaxy.
- Dash Attack - Toad preforms his slide attack from Super Mario Strikers. If timed right, the move can make opponents trip.
- Forward tilt - Toad darts a very short distance and runs into the opponent.
- Up tilt - Toad takes out a star and puts it above his head. Similar to Robin's up tilt.
- Down tilt - Toad jumps forward and hits the opponent with his head as a tackle. Similar to an attack from Super Mario Strikers.
- Forward smash - Toad charges his leg back, and kicks a flaming soccer ball towards the opponent.
- Up smash - Toad charges up a headbutt and launches the opponent up into the air with it. Similar to a move used by Mario, Luigi, Dr. Mario, and Dr. Luigi.
- Down smash - Toad spins around on his head. Similar to a taunt from Super Mario Strikers, whenever he scored a goal.
- Neutral aerial - Toad flails his arms around him in a cycle.
- Forward aerial - Toad swipes at the air with a tennis racket.
- Back aerial - Toad holds out a Koopa shell behind him, in a similar manner to how the player hold an item behind them in the Mario Kart series.
- Up aerial - Toad preforms a head ram in the same manner as he did whenever he was attempting to score goal in Super Mario Strikers.
- Down aerial - Toad kicks at the air with his foot.
Grabs and throws
- Grab - Toad grabs the opponent with both hands.
- Forward throw - Toad preforms a deke with the opponent in-between his feet.
- Back throw - Toad preforms the same technique as his forward throw, except in the opposite direction.
- Up throw - Toad tosses the opponent with his hands and finishes with a head bump.
- Down throw - Toad tosses the opponent onto the ground and punts them.
- Neutral special - Spore Spit: Toad spits out a cloud of spores to inflict damage on an opponent. This is similar to how he spat out a spore cloud in Brawl when Peach used him as her B move. However, this time it wouldn't used as a counter attack.
- Side special - Mushroom Block: Toad throws out a block shaped mushroom from over his head out in front of him to inflict damage on opponents. The mushroom bounces several times as it hits the terrain. Toad can pick up the mushroom to throw it again, but it will disappear after a while. Also, he can only have one out at a time.
- Up special - Propeller Cap: Toad spins up into the air as a propeller cap appears on his head and he floats down to the ground. This move doesn't inflict damage when he’s spinning upward. However, if the player holds the analog stick down while in midair, then he can do a downward spin attack which does combo damage on opponents. This move could make up for his weak jump.
- Down special - Vegetable: This is similar to Peach’s version of the attack, except Toad pulls up green peppers. Toad’s vegetables have a stronger hit than Peach’s, but the vegetables will disappear after one hit. This means that he can’t repeatedly catch and throw the vegetable the same way Peach can.
- Starshroom: Toad boards the Starshroom which the player can slowly move with the analog stick. While he’s in the Starshroom, Toad can emit waves of electricity to do damage to opponents. Also, any opponent that gets caught in the tractor beam below will gravitate onto the Starshroom making it easier for Toad to hit with an electrical charge.
|Special Move||Basic||Custom 1||Custom 2|
|Neutral Special||Spore Spit|
|Side Special||Mushroom Block|
|Up Special||Propeller Cap|
- Toad spins around on his head.
- Toad puts on his head lamp and flashes it on, then off.
- Toad jumps up and down throwing one of his hands up in the air, switching per jump.
- A Toad House magically pops up, and Toad walks out of it. It disappears as soon as Toad enters in.