Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Not to be confused with a user of the same name.
Tigzon is a series of action-adventure role-playing platform video games developed and published by Sohnix. It is the company's main series, which focuses on the main character, Tai Z.Takara, who obtained the "Digi-Kai" crystal to transform into a powerful tiger-fox hybrid creature, known as Tigzon.
Tigzon was originally going to be a Sonic the Hedeghog game for Sega called "Sonic Zero", which features a beat em'-ups style gameplay and gameplay, similar to Capcom's Final Fight series and Sega's other series, Streets of Rage. Developer Sohnix abandoned the Sonic Zero project, due to the creative differences and the commerical and critical failure of Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric. The team started to recreate the project without success and started creating their own characters, inspired by Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog series. They also took inspirations from Japanese anime such as Digimon, Hunter X Hunter, Gurren Lagann and Soul Eater, a 2009 Japanese anime film Summer Wars, and some video game franchise such as Shantae, Donkey Kong Country, and Castlevania.
Tigzon describes as a "Sonic's Metroidvania" game, which plays very similarly to the Sonic the Hedgehog series (particularly with the Sonic Advance series) being a 2D fast-pacing platformer though the gameplay is mix with action-adventure and role-playing games, much like those in the Metroidvania-genre games. When controlling Tigzon, he can speed dash and uses combo moves (similar to how fighting games uses combo moves like King of Fighters and Street Fighter) to defeat big enemies and bosses as well as going through obstacles such as corkscrews, loop-the-loops, hills, ramps and Ninja Gaiden's wall jump.
The player character has a health point meter, similar to Freedom Planet, another Sonic-inspired game, in which it can refills the meter by collecting the crystals, which symbolized as 虎 (which means Tiger in Chinese). The 虎 crystals can be found by hitting the enemies or finding them throughout levels. Being hit by enemies' and bosses' attacks reduces the character's health, and a life is deducted when no health remains. If all lives are lost, a game over screen appears; however, the player may freely restart from the save point. Extra lives can be found within levels, as can uses power-ups like the shields and invincibility.
Unlike most of the 2D Sonic games, The player can also access to hub worlds when finsihing the end of the main levels/phases, which allows the player to interact with non-player characters and buy items and power-ups from the shopkeepers.
|Title, Original Release and Platform||Synopsis|
|The introduction of the game takes place in a fictional metropolis known as Digital Island, which follows the adventure of a 16-year old student of the ANTIC Academy of Technology, named Tai Z. Takara. He was later affected by a unknown virus and obtained the Digi-Kai crystal to transform into a powerful Tigerox creature, known as Tigzon. A mysterious girl, Nova Natzumi from another dimension called the Dimensional Marx have landed on Digital Island to seek help from the last owner of the last Digi-Kai crystal (who supposed to be Tai Z. Takara). Lord Majarr Zon, an alien overlord, had plotted his plan to steal the spirited Digi-Kai crystals and used them for his advanced deadly technology. He also transforms some of the citizens of Digital Island into mindless beasts known as the Electrozoids.|
Tigzon Vol. 2
Tigzon Vol. 3
7 July, 2020
(Nintendo NX / PlayStation 4 / Xbox One / Steam / ???)
|Title, Original Release and Platform||Synopsis|
7 December 2018
20 July 2019
- Fantendo Smash Bros. Fatality - Tigzon made his first appearance as a unlockable character roster in Fantendo Smash Bros. Fatality. He can be unlocked by clearing 500 stocks via Donnybrook.
- Disney vs. Fantendo - Tigzon made his appearance as a starter character in Disney vs. Fantendo. He is one of the Fantendo side characters.
- Future Grinderz - Tigzon make his appearance as a unlockable playable character in a hoverboard-based racing/RPG game, Future Grinderz, also made by Sohnix. Unlike his own series, his personality and appearances is very different and doesn't transfrom back to his human form. His real name is Tai Z. Tigzon but he call his nickname as "Tigzon the Tigerox".
- Tai Z.Takara : (Often called himself as Tigzon) is the main protagonist of the game. A lazy but quite good-hearted teenager who obtained the "Spirit crystal" to transform into Tigzon, a powerful Tigerox hybrid creature that has his own abilities to use for combat such as speed punching and speed dashing. He is addicted to video games and action-genre movies.
- Tigzon : (also known as Tigzon the Tigerox) is an ancient spirit transformation of Tai Z.Takara, in which he is a Tigerox, a hybrid creature of a tiger and a fox. Using for combat, he has his own abilities go on speed and do some fighting combos. His appearances and his moves are similar to Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Dr. Yoko Hyundai : A scientist and Tai's uncle. He had experienced with the ancient Digi-Kai crystals for a quite long time and was aware of the Tigzon transformation and the Dimensional Marx world.
- Ani Polar : Tai's cousin and a female mechanic who helps build most of the gadgets and other inventions for Tigzon. She is the daughter of Code Prestige, a professional wrestler of DWE (Digital Wrestling Entertainment).
- Nova Natzumi : A mysterious teenage girl from another dimension, The Dimensional Marx who she must find the last owner of the Digi-Kai crystal (who Tai obtained it) and defeat Lord Majarr Zon. She is known for her martial arts techniques and she wields a katana to attack enemies.Though she's kind and good-hearted, she sometimes can be very cocky. She is Tai's love interest.
- Lord Majarr Zon : An alien overlord from another dimension, known as The Dimensional Marx, who plotted his plan to steal the spirited Digi-Kai crystals and used them for his advanced deadly technology. He also transforms some of the citizens of Digital Island into mindless beasts known as the Electrozoids
- Dr. Matin Maximum : The CEO of the ANTIC Corporation and the evil business tycoon. He was responsible for the Digital Island and had a grudge against nature and Puffie creatures. Like Lord Rex, he is planning to steal the Digi-Kai crystals.
Tigzon 2 characters