Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Threat (Kyoi - Sekai Ni Shi in Japan, translating to Threat - Death to the World) is an action-adventure open world game created and published by Scarce Gaming for the Nintendo 64 (Nintendo 64DD in Japan) on November 21, 1996. It focuses around the adventures of a pyromaniac/cryomaniac, Achim's war against the the twisted Police Force of Aldrick, Germany.
The game plays similar to Zelda: Ocarina of Time, but instead of taking place in a fairy-tale land, it takes place in a crime-ridden city. However, there is not three action buttons, but instead one for Weapons, one for Items, and one for Misc. Actions.
- A - Weapon
- X - Items
- B - Misc. Actions
- Control Stick - Move
The game has multiple stories, which play out in levels, known as Missions. The game has 5 (technically 4, as two endings are the same, but different abilities) possible endings, two of which are given to each power (excluding Neutral, which only has one ending.)
The abilities use a levelling system. At every level
Abilities and Weapons
Only one group of abilities can be used per story. (If an ability is followed by *, it can only be used by helping the old man and not getting shot in the ending.)
Pyromaniac (Odd numbers, Dark Stories)
- Scorch - Fires a burning pillar forwards. (Level 1)
- Flame Barrier - Shields Achim with fire. (Level 3)
- Explosion - Causes an explosion around Achim. (Level 5)
- Torch Grab - Causes Achim to grab the nearest foe and burn them. (Level 7)
- Burning Thrust - Boosts Achim forward at the speed of light, destroying any foes in the area. (Level 9)
- Plasmic Destruction - Causes destruction to rain from the heavens.*
Cryomaniac (Even numbers, Light Stories)
- Water Bubble - Fires a bubble, which causes enemies to flee. (Level 0)
- Frozen Barrier - Shields Achim with ice. (Level 2)
- Megasplash - Causes a splash around Achim, forcing enemies back. (Level 4)
- Frozen Push - Causes Achim to freeze the nearest enemy and push them back. (Level 6)
- Tsunami Force - Boosts Achim forward. (Level 8)
- Mind Wave - Neutralizes Achim's enemies.*
Neutral (Beginning of Game, All stories)
- Teleport - Warps Achim to a selected area.
- Dodge - Causes Achim to dodge bullets, vehicles, falling buildings, and even his own abilities.
Weapons usable by Achim along with abilities. (Only in Dark Stories.)
- Pistol - Fires one bullet at a time.
- Knife - Stabs enemies.
- Rocket Launcher - Fires missiles.
- Sniper Rifle - Shoots enemies in the head.
- Hidden Blade - Stabs enemies through the hand.
- Death to the World (Do NOT help the Old Man.) - Achim destroys the city, along with all the inhabitants. Germany soon loses it's power, and becomes an area not owned by anyone.
- End of Terror (Help the Old Man.) - Achim sees Almeric holding a pistol at him, and Almeric tells Achim that, "[He] may have helped an elder, but that's nothing compared to the crime [he's] done," the screen fades, and a gunshot is heard.
- Unseen - Achim watches around as the Police Force starts to destroy the city. After the city crumbles, a gigantic lizard emerges from the ocean and destroys the world.
- True Justice (Help the Old Man.) - Achim summons a tsunami, which drowns Almeric. The city is saved from terror, and Germany is at peace.
- Terror Unto Earth (Do NOT help the Old Man.) Achim sees Almeric holding a pistol at him, and Almeric tells Achim that, "[He] may have attempted to save Germany, but [he] should help everyone to do so," the screen fades, and a gunshot is heard.