Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Splatoon Movie|
|Producer(s)|| David Kirschner|
|Studio(s)|| 20th Century Fox Animation|
David Kirschner Productions
Nintendo of America
|Distributor(s)|| 20th Century Fox (Worldwide)|
Nintendo (in association with)
|Type||Tradtional and CGI hybrid animated film|
|Music|| James Newton Howard
Toru Minegishi and Shiho Fujii (archival music from "Splatoon")
|Country of Origin||United Sates|
|Theatrical Release Date(s)|
|Home Edition Release Date(s)|
| USA: PG (for mild action, peril and some thematic elements and rude humor)|
The Splatoon Movie, also known as Splatoon USA (スプラトゥーンUSA, Supurato~ūn USA) in Japan, is an American traditional/CGI hybrid animated action-adventure musical comedy film adapted from Nintendo's first-person shooter video game Splatoon. It is produced by 20th Century Fox Animation, David Kirschner Productions and Nintendo of America, distributed by 20th Century Fox, in worldwide, and Toho, exclusively in Japan, and in association with Nintendo. The original music score for the film is composed by James Newton Howard and the archival music from the original Splatoon video game is composed by Toru Minegishi and Shiho Fujii.
The film tells a story about a blue inkling boy named Squidwin, who had a dream of becoming an agent and meets and falls in love with a orange inkling girl named Pen.
(OC) = Original characters for this film adaptation, so please do not steal.
- Squidwin, a 14 year old blue inkling boy (Note: He's based on an official nameless blue inkling boy from the orignal game, not an OC)
- Young Squidwin (at age 6)
- Pen, a 14 year old tomboyish orange inkling girl who is Squidwin's love interest (Note: She's based on an official nameless orange inkling girl from the original game, not an OC)
- Rose, a pink optimistic, enthusiastic, but annoying and sometimes whiny inkling girl (Note: She's based on an official nameless pink inkling girl from the original game, not an OC)
- Peter, a purple intelligent inkling boy (Note: He's based on an official nameless purple inkling boy from the original game, not an OC)
- Lima, a lime quick-tempered green inkling girl (Note: She's based on an official nameless lime green inkling girl from the original game, not an OC)
- Turner Jackson (or T.J.), a timid turquoise inkling boy (Note: He's based on an official nameless turquoise inkling boy from the original game, not an OC)
- Judd, a cat turf war referee
- Cap'n Cuttlefish, an elderly leader of the Inkling Agent Team
- Sheldon, a horseshoe crab shop keeper of Ammo Knights
- Crusty Sean, a shrimp shop keeper of Shrimp Kicks
- Jelonzo, a jellyfish shop keeper of Jelly Fresh
- Annie, a hipster female sea anemone shop keeper of Cooler Heads
- Moe, a loud-mouth, sarcastic, rude, and criticizing clownfish who live on Annie's hair.
- Spyke, a street urchin (no pun intended) who sell cloths to the Inklings and as well as Annie's love interest.
- The Squid Sisters, two of Inkopolis' popular pop idol and new reporters for Inkopolis News Time. Despite their name, they're actually cousins. Also, they're the grandaughters of Cap'n Cuttlefish.
- Sir Jacques, a director jellyfish for Inkopolis News Time (OC)
- Earl, an emperor penguin cameraman and Sir Jacques' assistant (OC)
- Mail Stork, a stork mailman who often carries mail and/or packages to Inkopolis everyday (OC)
- Mr. Lob, a lobster school teacher for Inkopolis High School (IHS) (OC)
- The Mayor of Inkopolis (OC)
- Mario-alike plumper inkling, resembles a Nintendo iconic mascot (OC)
- Ed, Pen's father (OC)
- Ela, Pen's mother (OC)
- Clifford, Pen's uncle and Ed's young brother (OC)
- Grandpa Inkling, Pen's grandfather (OC)
- Grandma Inkling, Pen's grandmother (OC)
- Nani, a housekeeper of Pen, Ed and Ela
- Ruthie, Squidwin's 16-year-old sister who got deceased by those Octarians since Squidwin was little (OC)
- Aqua, Squidwin's widow mother (OC)
- Lilac "Lil" Teuthida, an intelligent female Inkling who's a Turf War cheerleader and she's also Squidwin's annoying ex-girlfriend (OC),
- Dug, the dog who's one of the workers for Inkopolis (OC)
- Gus, the goose who's one workers for Inkopolis, and Dug's assistance (OC)
- Ms. Hummer, a female humming bird florist and the owner of her florist store (OC)
- Jelly, a jellyfish pizza deliverer of Jellyfish Pizza Prince pizzeria (OC)
- Klips, a photo-shooting Inkling boy and later Lil's love interest (OC)
- Clapper, Squidwin's pet nudibranch and film's comic relief character (OC),
- Sea, Pen's pet female nudibranch and Clapper's love interest (OC)
- Beako, a pelican sport announcer for Turf War competition (OC)
- Fins, a fish sport announcer for Turf War competition and live inside a pelican's mouth (OC)
- Mime Inklings, two of Inkopolis town's mime performers, who they don't talk and dose not have voices, just like all other mimes (OC)
- Boy Mime Inkling (OC)
- Girl Mime Inkling (OC)
- Zapfishes, the electric catfishes from Inkopolis which produces electrical powers.
- The Gull Brothers, three groups of trouble-making seagulls who Lima tries to squirt them (OC)
- Marco (OC)
- Polo (OC)
- Solo (OC)
- Coilla, a brown long-tentacle-haired female Inkling who attempts to trap and woo Squidwin with her coil with her hair, but fails after Clapper, Squidwin's pet nudibranch, rescues him (OC)
- TentaCrew, three groups of street bully inkling who attempts to hurt poor Squidwin twice, but fails
- Crush, a tough mean male pink Inkling bully (OC)
- Gippy, a male green inkling (OC)
- Plumma, a dark purple tomboyish Inkling girl (OC)
- Octarians and Octolings, the octopus-like creatures who lives in Octo Valley, and the antagonists, which they're Inkling enemies
- DJ Octavio, a leader of the Octarians and a main antagonist
- Colonel Octavia, an Octoling who is a colonel and love interest of DJ Octavio, and she's also a secondary antagonist (OC)
- Tento, a Octarian who is one of Octavia's henchmen (OC)
- Saucer, an elephant-like Octarian who's Octavia's henchmen (OC)
- Loopus, DJ Octavio's annoying, goofy and clumpsy young cousin
- Zac Efron as Squidwin
- Liliana Mumy as Pen
- Raven-Symoné as Rose
- Jeremy Shada as Peter
- Olivia Olson as Lima
- Josh Gad as Turner Jackson (or T.J.)
- George Lopez as Judd
- John Cleese as Cap'n Cuttlefish and Narrator
- Martin Short as Sheldon
- John Leguizamo as Crusty Sean
- Craig Robinson as Jelonzo
- Anne Hathaway as Annie
- Tom Kenny as Moe, Spyke, Polo, some of the Inkling boys, and additional voices.
- Andrea Libman as Callie and some of the inkling girls
- Deedee Magno as Marie
- Wayne Knight as Earl
- Jack Riley as Mr. Lob
- Tim Curry as DJ Octavio
- Tara Strong as Colonel Octavia (speaking voice), Young Squidwin (at age 6), some of Inkling girls, and additional voices.
- Kazumi Evans, Colonel Octavia (singing voice)
- Charlie Adler as Tento, Grandpa and Grandma Inkling, and additional voices
- Jim Cummings as Saucer, Sir Jacques, and additional voices
- Wallace Shawn as The Mayor of Inkopolis
- Charles Martinet as a Mario-alike plumper inkling, and additional voices
- Brad Garrett as Ed, and Solo
- Vicki Lewis as Ela
- Edie McClurg as Nani
- David Hyde Pierce as Clifford
- Scarlett Johansson as Coilla
- Evan Rachel Wood as Ruthie
- Jennifer Tilly as Aqua
- Kath Soucie as Lilac "Lil" Teuthida, Female Zapfish, young Zapfishes, some of Inkling girls, and additional voices.
- Mark Hamill as Dug, and Mail Stork
- Jess Harnell as Gus
- Russi Taylor as Ms. Hummer
- Dan Castellaneta as Jelly, and additional voices
- Danny Cooksey as Klips
- Dee Bradley Baker as Clapper, some of Inkling boys, and additional voices
- Lisa Ortiz as Sea, some of Inkling girls, and additional voices
- Billy Crystal as Beako
- Jeff Bennett as Fins, and additional voices
- Cedric the Entertainer as Crush
- Rob Paulsen as Gippy, Marco, Zapfish, Loopus, some of Inkling boys, and additional voices
- Jessi Nowack as Plumma, and some of Inkling girls
- Kevin Michael Richardson, Grey DeLisle, Cree Summer, Frank Welker, Debi Derryberry, Tress MacNeille, Elizabeth Daily, Pamela Adlon, Billy West, Laura Bailey, Samantha Kelly, Maurice LaMarche, Joshua Seth, Mona Marshall, Philece Sampler, Jessica Boone, Kira Vincent-Davis, Mandy Clark, Luci Christian, Roger Craig Smith, Rachael Lillis, Alex Walsh, Ian Jones-Quartey, Erica Mendez, Hynden Walch, Jessica DiCicco, Jane Krakowski, Danny Mann, Nika Futterman, Billy Connolly, Matthew W. Taylor, Peter Sohn, Charlie Day, Steve Buscemi, Aubrey Plaza, Bill Hader, Jillian Bell, Maile Flanagan, Chuck Powers, Colleen Clinkenbeard, Bella Hudson, Luci Christian, Candi Milo, Kathryn Cressida, Eddie Deezen, Dan Castellaneta, Nancy Cartwright, Hilary Haag, Willow Smith, Zachary Gordon, Yuri Lowenthal, Michelle Creber, Madeleine Peters, Claire Corlett, Brynna Drummond, Cathy Weseluck, Veronica Taylor, Eric Stuart, and James Carter Cathcart as the additional voices.
- In the opening credit of The Splatoon Movie, we see the 20th Century Fox logo which says "20th Century Squid", as a gag, and hear the voice of the Squid Sisters, Callie and Marie, sings a 20th Century Fox fanfare with their "Woomy" vocals.
Nintendo collaborate with 20th Century Fox to develop the updates for Nintendo's original game Splatoon which helps to promote The Splatoon Movie, such as clothings themed to the film, film's movie posters, concept arts, trailers, clips, and appearances of the film's original characters that are can be found in every locations in the game.
(after the orange team wins in the Turf War)
Reporter: So miss, uh... your name please.
Reporter: Miss Pen, (thank you) since you and your orange team had won in the Turf War, beat the blues, and win money, what're you gonna do next?
Pen: (thinking) Well.... I don't know. Just going home.