|The Legend of Zelda: Hero of Time|
|Directed by:||Peter Jackson|
|Written by:|| Peter Jackson
Guillermo del Toro Shigeru Miyamoto
|Produced by:|| Shigeru Miyamoto
|Starring:|| Nicholas Hoult
|Distributed by:||Warner Bros. Pictures|
|Release Date:||December 15, 2017|
|Running Time:||175 minutes|
The Legend of Zelda: Hero of Time' is an American romantic fantasy/adventure epic movie based on The Legend of Zelda video games produced by Nintendo. It is being Directed by Peter Jackson with a script written by Jackson, Guillermo Del Toro and Shigeru Miyamoto. The film stars Nicholas Hoult, Mia Wasikowska and Christopher Eccleston. The story is based on the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. It will be released in RealD 3D and IMAX 3D on December 15, 2017.
When a great evil awakens from it's slumber, a young boy must take arms and face up against an ultimate evil in order to save his childhood best friend, the kingdom of hyrule and the entire land of Atlas.
- Nicholas Hoult as Link: Nicholas Hoult, a fan of the games freaked out as soon as he saw the costume. "I just couldn't believe my eyes. It was like my childhood came to life. It was brilliant." Hoult would go on further to say "and even though I only have six lines, I don't think I've ever been happier to get a part before in my life." He would bring his Nintendo Wii U on set so he, Charlie Rowe and the rest of the cast could play Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors together on the set.
- Charlie Rowe as Young Link
- Mia Wasikowska as Princess Zelda: Mia Wasikowska has said about Zelda "She's more than a high-class elegeant damsel in distress. She's also wise, cunning, and brave. Link needs Zelda just as much as she needs him, she points him to the right direction, she helps whenever needed, and she's honestly she's really the one person who ultimately saves the day".
- Elle Fanning as Young Zelda
- Christopher Eccleston as Ganondorf: "The Great Dark King of Gerudo Valley", Ganondorf is the first male Gerudo to be born in at least 1,000 years. He seeks the triforce of power to reign over Hyrule and all of Atlas. Christopher Eccleston has said of Ganondorf "It's an interesting role to me because to 'us' the viewers, he's the epitome for evil but in Ganondorf's mind he isn't evil at all. He's doing this for his people. His people are suffering and he blames the people of Hyrule for this transgression. It's not just about ruling over the world. It's also "
- Peter Cullen as the voice of the Great Deku Tree
- Hailee Steinfeld as Saria
- John Hurt as Rauru
- Gina Carano as Impa
- Kevin Michael Richardson as the voice of Darunia
- Emily Browning as Princess Ruto
- Willow Shields as Young Ruto
- Freida Pinto as Nabooru
Warner Bros. Pictures acquired movie rights for the Zelda franchise in 2007 after the successful release of Twilight Princess. For many years, Nintendo had been interested in turning Zelda in a movie series. In June 2010, Warner took pitches from video game writers, comic book writers, screenwriters and directors in how to make a Zelda movie. Mac Walters, writer of the Mass Effect franchise, proposed an eight-hour epic that spanned from Link's childhood to his eventual crowning as King of Hyrule. Similarly, Grant Morrison proposed a story similar to that of Ocarina of Time.