Super Smash Bros. For NES is a Spin-off of the Smash Bros series. This time, the graphics are 8-bit and is available on the Eshop for $7.99.
Unlike earlier Smash Bros games, this game is made to look like a NES game. Changes include:
- There are less Characters, Stages, and Gamemodes then usual.
- All characters are from NES games (meaning no Star Fox, Fire Emblem, or Pokemon)
- There are no items, though the Smash Ball and Assist Trophy's return.
- It's 8-bit.
- There are only 9 attacks: 4 normal attacks, 4 Special attacks, and 1 Final Smash.
- Donkey Kong
- Duck Hunt Dog
- Bubble Bobble
- Black Mage
- Tetris Block
- Sir Arthur
- Ice Climbers
- Hammer Bro (Play 5 matches)
- Ganon (Beat Classic Mode)
- DK Jr. (Play as Donkey Kong 6 times)
- Dr. Mario (Play Target Smash as Mario)
- Balloon Fighter (Win a Race to the Finish)
- Bill Razor (Play 10 matches)
- Dig Dug (Beat Classic Mode with all chatacters)
- Battletoad (Zits)
- Simon Belmont
- Solid Snake
- Urban Champion
- Old Man
To see the Character's attacks, see Super Smash Bros. for NES/List of Character Moveset's
FightIn fight, up to 4 players can fight each other. There are different ways to fight:
- Standard Smash: Knock someone off-screen to win points.
- Stock Smash: Have a set amount of lives.
- Coin Smash: Hit people to gain coins.
- Stamina Smash: Now you have a set amount of health.
- Classic Mode (Solo): Fight through 9 opponents, then face Master Hand.
- All-star Mode: Fight every character in the game without getting K.O'ed.
- Target Smash: Break as many targets as you can.
- Classic Mode (Multiplayer): Fight through 9 opponents, then face Master Hand.
- Race to the Finish: It's a race to the end of the stage.
Fight others online from around the world.
In SSBNES, there are only two items: the Smash Ball and the Assist Trophy.
- Smash Ball: Occasonally, the Smash Ball will float around the stage. If someone breaks it, the character who broke it will gain a very powerful attack called a Final Smash.
- Assist Trophy: If a character uses a Assist Trophy, a Non-Playable Character will be sumoned and will assist the user of the Trophy.
To see all assist trophy's, see Super Smash Bros. for NES/List of Assist Trophy's.