Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Smash Bros. Rebirth is an upcoming game in the Super Smash Bros. series of games, and is the prequel to Super Smash Bros. Dojo. It's release date is currently unknown, but it will be released on the Wii U on that unknown date. The game will have amiibo connectivity.
- Smash - Fight against up to 3 CPUs in an arena. You can choose from Coin Battles, Team Battles, Stock Battles, and Time Battles. Omega stages return, allowing players to fight on a Final Destination version of the stage.
- Special Smash - The same basic rules of a Smash game, but you get to choose some rules. The possibilities are only limited to what is on the screen. What games will you play?
- Rotation - In this mode, one controller is shared amongst four or more people. It's a team effort to win, as every K.O. results in a switch of players.
- Tournament - Up to 36 players compete in matches until the champion is decided. You can customize the rules like in Smash and Special Smash, along with some special additions like Wild Card rounds and double elimination challenges.
- Story Mode: The Puppeter's Tricks - Bowser has created an alternate version of himself called Puppeter Bowser, but instead of assisting the villains, the new deity starts recking havoc across the Nintendo multiverse! Read the story here.
- Classic Mode - ???
- All-Star Mode - Defeat fighters from every era of Smash! Start out way back when and head up to today! You can customize groups of fighters in this mode.
- Events - ???
- Stadium Minigames - ???
- Smash Run - Explore many vast continents in search of stat boosts! Watch out for enemies and random events that may turn the tables on you and your opponents.
60 characters will be in the game, not counting DLC. Only 40 of those characters have been confirmed.
12 out of the 18 newcomers for the game have been confirmed.
28 characters have been confirmed to return out of the 42 SonicFanG7 stated would return.
NOTE: If you use no continues in Classic Mode while trying to obtain Ness, then you'll fight Ness and then Luigi.
NOTE: Although not classified in the same series, clearing Classic mode as 2-3 third party characters will also work.
Stages are where fighters face off against each other. In Rebirth, there will be about the same amount of returning and new stages. 47 arenas have been confirmed to be in the game, not counting DLC.
26 new stages have been confirmed.
21 returning stages have been revealed;
- 4 from Smash 64
- 4 from Melee
- 4 from Brawl
- 4 from Smash 4 (3DS)
- 5 from Smash 4 (Wii U)
There have only been 4 downloadable stages confirmed - two of which are returning.
This is the list of the home stages in Classic Mode. Only a few characters share home stages; see the list for who those characters are.
|Mario||Mario Kart Stadium|
|Captain Toad||Walleye Temple|
|Waluigi||Mount Wario Slopes|
|Donkey Kong||Snowmad Invasion|
|Dixie Kong||Sunset Shores|
Pokémon Stadium 3
|Zelda||Temple of Time|
|Young Link (DLC)||Great Bay|
|Wolf (DLC)||Orbital Gate|
Zero Suit Samus
|Masked Man||Drago Plateau|
|Sonic||Chemical Plant Zone|
|Villager||Town and City|
|Mega Man||Robo Tour|
|Shovel Knight||Tower of Fate|
|Shantae (DLC)||Sequin Land|
- Several characters (including Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina) are going to become alternate costumes for their respective characters.
- Additionally, some characters will be getting their updated designs as alternate costumes. This is shown with Sonic (getting his Sonic Boom design), but other characters may get it as well.
- Captain Toad was originally going to be an assist trophy, but SonicFanG7 decided against it.
- Here's some splash art made by Vonn Karma;
- Lucas and Masked Man were originally going to share the same home stage, but that has since been changed.
- The working title for this game was project:Rebirth, and then later Super Smash Bros. R.
- In some press releases, Saffron City was mistakenly labelled as a Super Smash Bros. Melee stage.
- Before Shulk and Little Mac were revealed, Riki was revealed to be a returning Assist Trophy and Glass Joe was revealed as a new assist. See Super Smash Bros. Rebirth/ Assist Trophies and Pokémon for these two characters.