Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Smash Bros. Oblivion (Japanese: スーパー スマッシュ兄弟究極すべてを星します。 Dairantou Sumasshu Burazazzu Ultimate All-Stars) is a new-generation console fighting game released for the upcoming Nintendo Switch. The game is directed by Masahiro Sakurai, who developed the first four games for Smash, Tatsumi Kimishima, who is the new president of Nintendo, and by Platinum Games producer Hideki Kamiya.The game will be dedicated to Satoru Iwata, who died at 12 July 2015, during development time of the Switch.
|Super Smash Bros. Oblivion (Switch)|
| E 10+ (North America)|
USK 12 (PAL)
Changes from earlier games
- Characters who doesn't speak in earlier games, like Donkey Kong or Bowser, have now their voice actors from different video games. Also, every character who speaks Japanese now speaks English in the international versions of the game.
- The gameplay has a faster capacity, so it has the similar gameplay style from SSBM.
- The graphics combine the realistic graphic style from Brawl and the bright and cartoonish graphic style from SSB4.
- Characters have also Alternate Costumes that can be unlocked by using them in various game modes or can be bought at Smash Store.
The roster of the game contains 87 characters hailing from different universes. The highest number of characters in a universe is the Pokémon franchise with 10 characters (if DLC is not counted). The starting roster contains 57 characters. 30 are hidden fighters that must be unlocked in certain ways. 9 of the fighters are being purchased as DLC, making it into a total of 95 fighters.
In SSBO, many game modes can be chosen in the menu, like the Classic Mode. New modes are the Boss Rush, a reboot of the Boss Battle from Brawl, the Sandbox Mode where you can build your own stages, and the Smash Turf. It also makes the return of the Story Mode, which is a sequel of Brawl's Subspace Emissary, taking place 10 years after this story.
Link to Game Modes Page: http://fantendo.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Bros._Oblivion_%28NX%29/Game_Modes
In SSBO, it is confirmed that there will be approximately 84 stages to choose. Some of the stages are unlockable and must be unlocked in certain ways, like clearing an Event or unlocking a character.
- Super Smash Bros. Oblivion is the Super Smash Bros. game with the highest number of playable characters, with 32 newcomers joining the roster.
- According to an interview with the creators, it was stated that Sceptile and Meowth were added to the roster to represent the Pokémon games of 2016, with Sceptile being the rep for Pokkén Tournament and Meowth to represent Pokémon Sun and Moon. They also have stated that a Generation VII Pokémon was planned to be included into the in-game roster, but was scrapped due to time constraints, but will appear as future DLC.