|Super Smash Bros. Elementals|
|WW - January 21st, 2020|
|Series||Super Smash Bros|
|Predecessor||Super Smash Bros. Ultimate|
Super Smash Bros. Elementals is an upcoming installment of the Super Smash Bros. series. Confirmed to be the second installment of the series to be released on the Nintendo Switch, this game is developed by Topaz Central. This game will be released on January 21st, 2020, as a simultaneous release.
The game's main theme is yet to be determined. However, Ultimate's main theme, Lifelight, not only serves as the main theme during the promtional phase, but also as the theme for the game's Adventure Mode.
There are two versions used, one is a rock cover, sung by AmaLee, which was used in the Adventure Mode trailer. The other one, which is a mashup of the vocal and E3 versions of Lifelight, was used in it's first "true" trailer.
A new feature to the game is a new elemental system. The system includes ten elements, which are Fire, Water, Nature, Electric, Earth, Air, Tech, Metal, Light and Dark. Unlike other games that have an elemental system, where they have one type be weak against one, but strong against another, characters with different elements improve their attacks, not just which element is weak and strong against others.
- Air: Characters that are more floatier, and have better air mobility, jump height (or amount of jumps) and recover better in the air. They resist fighters with the Nature element, but Air is weak to Earth, Metal and Electric.
- Dark: Characters that can dodge easily, having small shadow-like streams being left behind. They resists fighters with Light elements, but Dark is weak to its own element.
- Earth: Characters that are stronger and can deal more damage, and are harder to launch back by other fighters. They resist the Air and Fire elements, but Earth is weak to Nature fighters.
- Electric: Characters that can stun other fighters for a moment and can perform perfect shields with extra damage. They resist Air and Water, but Electric is weak to Nature and Earth.
- Fire: Characters that can burn fighters at critical hits and KO fighters faster when at 100% or more. They resist Nature and Metal, but are weak to Earth, Water, Light and its own element.
- Light: Characters that can heal by shielding and every minute, while also blinding fighters with critical hits. They resist Air and Dark elements, but are weak to Metal and Fire.
- Metal: Characters that have super armour and are able to reflect projectiles to another direction. They resist fighters with Rock and Light elements, but are weak to Fire, Electric and Water elements.
- Nature: Characters that have more air acceleration and longer grab range. They resist Earth and Water elements, but are weak to Air, Metal, Fire and its own element.
- Tech: Characters that have more combo attacks, that are faster and can be activated quickly, but deal less damage. They resist Light elements, but are weak to fighters with the Earth and Water elements.
- Water: Characters that have faster run speed and are able to swim in the water. They resist fighters with the Earth and Fire elements, but they're also weak to Nature and Air elements.
All of the modes are divided into five sections, like Ultimate, with the same sections. A list of all of the modes include:
- Smash: The best way to play Smash! Up to 8 players can join in the fun, or even up to 64 players in the Tourney Mode. Squad Strike and Smashdown return and are even better than ever!
- Smash: It's the regular mode to play Smash! You can have intense 1v1 battles, play casual free-for-all matches, or even better, 8-player mayhem to make things more chaotic!
- Special Smash: If you want to pump up the wackiness, try Special Smash! Here, you can be metal, reflect with badges and jump really high, but don't worry about records, 'cause these matches won't count!
- Squad Strike: Returning from Ultimate, is an unique mode pitting two teams of three, five or now, seven! With this, 14 players cam play representing a character each!
- Smashdown: Returning from Ultimate, is a tactical type mode, cause once you play as a character, you can't play them again! That raises a question, will you start with your mains and struggle at the end, struggle at the start and finish with mains, or spread your mains out more?
- Tourney Mode: Up to 64 players can participate in the Tourney Mode! Battle each other in a customised bracket to reign supreme and become the champion!
- Adventure Mode: There's always (exc. Smash 4) a big mode, that makes each Smash game stand out, and in this one, it's the sequel to the World of Light, Elemental War! It brings back spirits from Ultimate, and there's over a thousand of them!
- Elemental War: Galeem has a son, Vitalux, and captured 97 of the 100 fighters. Only three survive, will they rescue the fighters and bring back peace into the Smash universe? Or will Vitalux reign supreme?
- Spirits: Back from Ultimate, it is spirits! With more than 700 spirits, maybe even more than 800, it could take a long time to collect and upgrade them all!
- Online: If you're on your own and have the new online system, then just go to Online Play! You can play against other people online with different types of matches, enter online tournaments, and even check your own Global Smash Power! Just watch out for lag, ok?
- Games & More: Check out the other modes right here! Play by yourself or with a friend in Classic Mode and All-Star Mode, as you fight your way through matches against any character! Or you can face multiple fighters with friends in Multi-Man Smash! Heck, even test yourself to see how good you're with other fighters in the Stadium!
- Classic Mode: Of course, any Smash game is incomplete without Classic Mode! Every character has their own set path on Classic Mode, making every character have a unique path. In addition, battles with Spirits return, but only appears once in each path.
- All-Star Mode: The mode that has appeared since Melee! Unlike Ultimate however, it's back to the basics of Smash 3DS, with every fighter battling you in chronological order! You can only heal three times between battles, and you're on one lfie, so be careful!
- Mob Smash: The mode that allows you to smash clones of anything, Mob Smash! If it's 10-Man, 100-Man, Cruel or even against a clone of your chosen fighter, this will test your knowledge and survival with the fighter.
- Vault: If you're really bored, then just go to the section that separated the men from the boys, the Vault! You can build your own stage in Stage Builder, play games where fighters got their origins in Masterpieces, listen to your favourite music from your favourite series in Sound Test and see what kind of games appeared on each Nintendo console in Chronicle! This is the place to make, play and discover!
- Stage Builder: Don't you think that being creative isn't allowed, because Stage Builder is here! This can be used in two different ways, in docked form (like Brawl) and handheld form (like Smash Wii U). You're also given a lot of stage pieces, and yes, some pieces are related to all of the franchises!
- Sound Test: If you don't have any stage ideas, then you can jam out to some music! From the popular music of Mario and Kirby, to obscure franchises like Balloon Fight and Duck Hunt, heck, you can even listen to music from third-party franchises!
- Masterpieces: Every character has to have their origins, and this is the place for all of those origins! Most fighters have their debut game on here, and there's a special game to celebrate the series' 20th anniversary.
- Chronicle: If you think that we're running out of ideas, you are right! Chronicle lists every official game that has been released on Nintendo consoles, and hey, it's here just for funsies!
Shadic has confirmed that the roster will have 100 characters (with a maximum of 10 characters per element). It's also stated that all characters have been designed (or re-designed for returning veterans) to be close to their games, which will determine one of the ten elements they'll be representing. There are 30 characters unlocked from the start with the other 70 needed to be unlocked. Any echo fighters are denoted with an epsilon symbol (ε).
|Image||Name||Series||Elemental Group||Description||Special Moves|
|Mario||Super Mario||Fire||Mario, the Nintendo Mascot returns to the battle! Instead of his rusty cape and F.L.U.D.D, he now has his trusty Cappy, Mario 64 caps, his Flower Power and fireballs! With a new moveset, Mario is more unique and fun!||Neutral Special: Fireball|
Side Special: Cappy Grab
Up Special: Balloon Mario
Down Special: Cap Switch
Final Smash: Mario Finale
|Luigi||Super Mario||Electric||Of course, if you have Mario, you gotta have the eternal understudy, Luigi! He has a different moveset from his brother, making him different from past versions.||Neutral Special:
|Peach||Super Mario||Light||The princess of the Mushroom Kingdom, Peach, has joined Smash once again! Being based on her only star game, she now has a new moveset different from past versions!||Neutral Special:
|Bowser||Super Mario||Fire||Everyone watch out and bow down for the leader of the Koopa Troop, Bowser! Bowser can really launch other fighters and fly them off the stage!||Neutral Special: Fire Breath|
Side Special: Flying Slam
Up Special: Whirling Fortress
Down Special: Bowser Bomb
Final Smash: Giga Bowser
|Yoshi||Yoshi||Nature||The green dinosaur of Nintendo, Yoshi, is back for more! He brings to the battle his eggs, his flutter jumps and food to the table. With the rise of a new Yoshi, this dinosaur is back for revenge!||Neutral Special: Egg Throw|
Side Special: Egg Roll
Up Special: Flutter Jump
Down Special: Egg Lay
Final Smash: Stampede!
|Wario||WarioWare||Earth||Mario's rival, Wario, is back once again in his fourth Smash game! Wario bases most of his attacks on WarioWare creations, made by others or himself!||Neutral Special: Chomp|
Side Special: Wario Bike
Up Special: Corkscrew
Down Special: Wario Waft
Final Smash: Wario-Man
|Donkey Kong||Donkey Kong||Earth||He's the leader of the bunch, you know his name, now Donkey Kong is here to stay! His coconut gun and barrels too, gonna his bananas unlike you!||Neutral Special: Giant Punch|
Side Special: Banana Toss
Up Special: Barrel Blast
Down Special: Hand Slap
Final Smash: Jungle Rush
|Link||The Legend of Zelda||Tech||The Master Sword once again calls the Hero of Hyrule, Link! Link now has his all of his runes and the powers of the champions.||Neutral Special: Bow|
Side Special: Cryonis
Up Special: Revali's Gale
Down Special: Remote Bomb
Final Smash: Ancient Bow and Arrow
|Zelda||The Legend of Zelda||Light||Hyrule's own princess, Zelda, arrives into the battle of Smash, with a grand entrance! With a refined appearance and a new personality, she can really make fans go wild!||Neutral Special: Nayru's Love|
Side Special: Din's Flare
Up Special: Farore's Wind
Down Special: Phantom Slash
Final Smash: Triforce of Wisdom
|Sheik||The Legend of Zelda||Dark||Sheik is a sneaky fighter, because after all, she is a ninja! She now uses her Harp as both an attack and a healing attack.||Neutral Special: Needle Storm|
Side Special: Bouncing Fish
Up Special: Vanish
Down Special: Harp
Final Smash: Sheikah Dance
|Samus||Metroid||Metal||The mentor of the Federation Force and adopted by Chozo, Samus Aran is better than ever! Samus retains her special moveset from past games, but now adjsuted to pack a punch!||Neutral Special: Charge Beam|
Side Special: Missile
Up Special: Screw Attack
Down Special: Bomb
Final Smash: Zero Laser
|Zero Suit Samus||Metroid||Electric||Once again, ZSS is by herself, as a standalone playable character! Her newest Final Smash also returns, using the Varia Suit and her arm cannon to KO her opponents off the stage!||Neutral Special: Paralyzer|
Side Special: Plasma Whip
Up Special: Boost Kick
Down Special: Flip Jump
Final Smash: Zero Laser
|Pit||Kid Icarus||Air||The guardian of the Skyworld above is rising from the heavens once again to join Smash! Pit flies down into Smash, along with the goddess of light and his evil doppelganger!||Neutral Special: Palutena Bow|
Side Special: Upperdash Arm
Up Special: Power of Flight
Down Special: Guardian Orbitars
Final Smash: Lightning Chariot
|Dark Pit ε||Kid Icarus||Dark||Dark Pit is the evil doppelganger of Pit himself, and he's either fighting with him or against him! While he's mostly unchanged, surely he's still got the power in him!||Neutral Special: Silver Bow|
Side Special: Electroshock Arm
Up Special: Power of Flight
Down Special: Guardian Orbitars
Final Smash: Dark Pit Staff
|Kirby||Kirby||Air||Kirby, Sakurai's own creation, that's been made to be easy for beginners. With his simple design and many copy abilities at hand, beginners would choose this fighter first.||Neutral Special: Inhale|
Side Special: Beam
Up Special: Final Cutter
Down Special: Stone
Final Smash: Ultra Sword
|Meta Knight||Kirby||Dark||Meta Knight is a mysterious knight from Dream Land. He sometimes helps Kirby and Dedede, and was even proven the best fighter in the third battle!||Neutral Special: Mach Tornado|
Side Special: Drill Rush
Up Special: Shuttle Loop
Down Special: Dimensional Cape
Final Smash: Darkness Illusion
|Fox||Star Fox||Tech||The leader of the Star Fox team, Fox McCloud, has never missed a game, and this is no exception. While he's fairly light, he's quick and nimble, being one of the fastest of the game.||Neutral Special: Blaster|
Side Special: Fox Illusion
Up Special: Fire Fox
Down Special: Reflector
Final Smash: Landmaster Beam
|Captain Falcon||F-Zero||Fire||Captain Falcon is a strong character who's all about speed! His iconic Punch and Kick make him stand out from the rest!||Neutral Special: Falcon Punch|
Side Special: Raptor Boost
Up Special: Falcon Dive
Down Special: Falcon Kick
Final Smash: Blue Falcon
|Pikachu||Pokémon||Electric||Pikachu is the 25th Pokémon overall, relying on speed and power to outwit al of his opponents! It now has a new special moveset, being close to the anime.||Neutral Special: Electro Ball|
Side Special: Iron Tail
Up Special: Quick Attack
Down Special: Thunder / Thunderbolt
Final Smash: Electroweb
|Jigglypuff||Pokémon||Air||The only Original 12 veteran that's known to nearly be cut many times, but she survived this time! She now has a proper recovery, even though it was formerly a side special.||Neutral Special: Spit Up|
Side Special: Rollout
Up Special: Pound
Down Special: Sleep
Final Smash: Sing
|Ness||Earthbound||Light||The young boy from Onett, Ness, is returning once again, like he never left! His buddies, Paula and Poo, come to assist him for his Final Smash.||Neutral Special: PK Flash|
Side Special: PK Fire
Up Special: PK Thunder
Down Special: PSI Magnet
Final Smash: PK Starstorm
|Villager||Animal Crossing||Nature||Villager was just a normal person at a town, and even a mayor! Now, he's back for more with planting, balloons and... timbering?||Neutral Special: Pocket|
Side Special: Lloid Rocket
Up Special: Balloon Trip
Down Special: Timber
Final Smash: Dream Home
|Inkling||Splatoon||Water||The Inklings are the protagonists of one of Nintendo's newest IPs, Splatoon! They use weapons that are filled up with ink and paint.||Neutral Special: Splattershot|
Side Special: Splat Roller
Up Special: Super Jump
Down Special: Splat Bomb
Final Smash: Killer Wail
|Ice Climbers||Ice Climber||Water||The ice-climbing duo is returning for the their fourth battle! Once Nana gets KO'ed, Popo's in trouble, but if he dies, Nana dies as well.||Neutral Special: Ice Shot|
Side Special: Squall Hammer
Up Special: Belay
Down Special: Blizzard
Final Smash: Iceberg
|Mii Fighters||Super Smash Bros.||Tech||The Mii Fighters return, with a Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner. With changeable genders and weights, the fighter can be completely random!||Neutral Special: Shot Put / Gale Strike / Charge Blast|
Side Special: Onslaught / Airborne Assault / Flame Pillar
Up Special: Soaring Axe Kick / Stone Scabbard / Lunar Launch
Down Special: Head-On Assault / Blade Counter / Echo Reflector
Final Smash: Omega Blitz / Final Edge / Full Blast
|Wii Fit Trainer||Wii Fit||Light||Wii Fit Trainer is a fighter, that uses yoga and exercise techniques as her moveset. As an instructor, she could be flexible and have straight actions.||Neutral Special: Sun Salutation|
Side Special: Header
Up Special: Super Hoop
Down Special: Deep Breathing
Final Smash: Wii Fit
|Sonic||Sonic the Hedgehog||Nature||SEGA's mascot, Sonic, returns to Smash! He's the fastest character in the game and can dodge quicker than other fighters.||Neutral Special: Homing Attack|
Side Special: Light Dash
Up Special: Spring Jump
Down Special: Boost
Final Smash: Super Sonic
|Mega Man||Mega Man||Metal||Mega Man is now back with even more moves from his Mega Man games! Even some from Mega Man 11 appear in his moveset.||Neutral Special: Metal Blade|
Side Special: Thunder Beam
Up Special: Rush Coil
Down Special: Block Dropper
Final Smash: Mega Legends
|Pac-Man||PAC-MAN||Electric||Pac-Man is back once again to represent Bandai Namco! Not a lot is different about him, but that doesn't mean he's bad.||Neutral Special: Bonus Fruit|
Side Special: Power Pellet
Up Special: Pac-Jump
Down Special: Fire Hydrant
Final Smash: Super Pac-Man
|Image||Name||Series||Elemental Group||Description||Special Moves|
|Isaac||Golden Sun||Light||Oh great, not another swordsman! But wait, unlike other swordfighters, he heavily relies on psyenergetic powers for most attacks, unlike others, when they use their sword.||Neutral Special: Vine|
Side Special: Move
Up Special: Scoop
Down Special: Gaia
Final Smash: Judgement
|Shadow||Sonic the Hedgehog||Dark||The Ultimate Life Form has arrived to Smash! Joining his rival, Sonic, it's double hedgehog action and the rivalry is even more intense.||Neutral Special: Chaos Boost|
Side Special: Chaos Spear
Up Special: Chaos Control
Down Special: Chaos Blast
Final Smash: Super Shadow
On November 6th, 2018, it was announced by Shadic that a Newcomer Ballot will be held and will end in early 2019 (either January or February). The top 20 realizable newcomers (characters that can easily become a fighter with an obvious element) will become a newcomer in Elementals. From March to December, every 3 months will show a Topaz Central Direct (either general or Smash-exclusive), revealing 5 newcomers each time. Two newcomers have already been decided, however they're not considered to be part of the ballot.
Because of the introduction of the ballot, the game's release date was originally pulled to December 7th, 2019. However, due to Ultimate's upcoming DLC (evident by the recent reveal of Joker from Persona 5), it's now been pushed back to January 21st, 2020. On December 23rd, 2018, it was announced that Shadic would be joining Krexxal (t∣b∣c)'s Character Swap. While the release date itself was not affected, Shadic confirmed that the first newcomer group will have 4 newcomers, instead of 5, and the realizable newcoemrs amount has been reduced to 19.
On January 16th, 2019, Shadic announced the ballot has now closed, with only the characters having more than one vote will become a newcomer. All of the ones with more than one vote have been revealed to Krexxal (t∣b∣c). The rest of the newcomer batch will be decided by various Fantendo users.
The final stage count will have ??? stages. However, it's been confirmed that every character will have their own home stage, with a stage from one of their recent or popular games. Also, every stage has an α and an Ω form. Below shows the starting stages of the game.
Out of all of the returning items, most of the return, while others are absent (such as the Fan from the original, and the Gust Bellows from Sm4sh). There are 90 items overall in this game. The present items include:
Fake Smash Ball
Home Run Bat
Motion Sensor Bomb
Ramblin' Evil Mushroom
Color TV-Game 15
Flies & Hand
Infantry and Tanks
Kat & Ana
Knuckles the Echidna
Lakitu and Spinies
Miles "Tails" Prower
Zack & Wiki
It was originally created on June 15, 2018, back when Ultimate was still in it's "reveal" phase. However, on November 2nd, 2018, the day after the final Smash Ultimate direct was aired, the game was restarted entirely, in order to keep up with the standards of today.
- That same day, on the same blog, it was confirmed that all characters (including Piranha Plant) would be returning to Elementals. On November 6th, the first two newcomers were teased, being Light and Dark elementals. Later that day, Isaac and Shadow were confirmed to be the first two newcomers, and the first Light and Dark newcomers respectively.
- On December 6th, Joker was confirmed to be in Ultimate, and later, he was added to the roster of Elementals. Later, on December 24th, Shadic became part of Krexxal's Character Swap event and 3 days later (on December 27th), Aegislash became the first unlockable newcomer to be revealed.