|Developer(s)||Nintendo, Sora Ltd., Game Arts|
|Platform(s)||Wii U, 3DS|
|Series||Super Smash Bros.|
Super Smash Bros. Confrontation is the 5th installment of the Super Smash Bros. series, developed by Nintendo, Sora Ltd., Game Arts and published by Nintendo. The game includes the basics of a new installment, new characters, stages, items, etc. SSBC uses a rather bright pallete, which can be told from the character artworks easily.
Super Smash Bros. Confrontation plays quite similar to it's previous installment, SSB4. Despite this, there are certain significant changes. Gameplay is slightly modified, becoming somewhat faster. The game also modifies the character to show a bit more details, somewhat similar to Brawl.
A new feature has been added, that makes the game quite intresting. Around a certain amount of fights, a Hunter will appear and try to K.O the player. If the Hunter is defeated, the player does gain rewards such as Custom Specials, etc.
The game also has added new graphics, such as the cartoonish pow sounds. These are in the shape of a pow -sound and make the pow noise when hit. Simple-story short, the game plays somewhat as a mixture of SSB4 and Brawl.
Just like the previous installment, SSBC has the Amiibo functionality which allows Amiibos to conncect to the game, and are able to be played. However, a new type of Amiibo has actually been added, called Assist Amiibos. These Amiibos are basically playable Assist Trophies, but cost more than your average Amiibo.
Probably the most common mode in fighting games. Versus Mode is a multi-styled mode that allows the player to fight with other players or CPUs. Versus Mode features multiple options, such as editing the rules, allowing what items are allowed and much more. It is also noted that there are features as well as rules for Versus Mode.
- Team Smash: A basic feature that can be chosen so that the player can assign teams, for example player 1 with player 2 and player 3 with player 4.
- Time: A basic rule that makes it so that the battle will be settelled in an amount of minutes (1, 2, etc.). The one with the most points (Which are gained by KOing) wins the match.
- Stock: A basic rule that makes it so each player has an equal amount of stocks/lives. The one who hasn't lost all of their stocks and is the last one standing wins.
Classic Mode is a single-styled mode, that would somewhat ressemble what you call, an obstacle course. The player gets to fight different characters at different paths. There are 3 different paths, meaning for 3 different difficulties: Easy, Average, Hard. There are two options to play Classic Mode.
1. Choose the normal mode so you can choose which path you want, knowing the difficulty, which is told by the color.
2. No colors are shown at all, meaning the path you choose will have a difficulty you might not have expected.
All-Star Mode is a single-styled mode, that would somewhat but not exactly ressemble possibly "waves" in something like an arena match. Basically, the player with one stock spaws in a rest room (As in a REST [SPACE] ROOM), and can head anytime to the portal to challenge opponents. In the rest room, there are 2 Tomatos which heal 50% and 2 Heart Containers which heal around 100%. Characters are fought in order with the years, making it that old characters are fought before the newer characters.
Event Mode is a unique mode that has 10 events unlocked at the start of the game. After completing 9, 10 more will appear until it reaches 40 events, which is the maxium amount of events.
Home-Run Contest is a single-styled mode in where the player is set on a poduim, along with a "punching bag". The objective of the player is to hit the bag multiple times during the countdown and finally, around the end has to use the bat to hit the bag far away.
Multi-Man Smash is a multi-styled mode in where the player(s) have to fight multiple enemies. You can fight just 10-Man, 50-Man, 100-Man or even Unlimited Man. The goal is to survive the onslaught of opponents that come to fight you.
Battle Rush is a multi-styled mode in where the player(s) venture through a long stage. The long stage includes enemies and bosses, whom are locked in Dungeons. It is noted that there is 3 bosses in total, with a boss in a dungeon. With the player only having 2 lives. However, food is dropped from enemies sometime which will be able to help out the player. It is also known that once a boss is defeated, either food or a stat increase is given to the player. Items are also spread out, such as the Star or Koopa Shells to help take out enemies more easily.
Story Mode (or) The Hunted Smash
The Story Mode (A.K.A) The Hunted Smash is a multi-styled adventure mode where the player can experience a full-adventure of the story of the Hunters, who noticing all the Smashers have bounties on their head in the Hunted Zone, decided to hunt them.
Just like any other Super Smash Bros. game, a quite massive roster of fighters is included, allowing the player to have a vairety of characters to choose from. There are 2 categories of characters, Starter Character and Unlockable Characters. Starter Characters that are available from the moment you start the game while Unlockable Characters are characters that are...well...unlockable. Each Unlockable Character requires a certain acheivement to be fought, which after defeated is playable.
A wide of variety of stages is chosen, so the player isn't really that limited. Stages are simple battle areas, in where platforms are mostly everywhere, so the player can fight in a unique and interesting stage that has many areas to move to, either to gain advantages or disadvantages. It is also noted that Omega stages have returned, with no difference whatsoever.
Items are objects which can be picked up, and can be used on the enemies. Items are split into multiple categories, which is listed below:
- A type of item containing other/another item(s). One example would be the Crate, containing multiple items.
- A type of item that for melee combat. One example would be the Home-Run Bat, which is used for battering in the game.
- A type of item that is used to for long-range or shot-range combat. One example would be the Fire Flower, which is used for short-range combat.
- A type of item used to throw, which can affect the opponent if it makes contact. On example that effects all players when they come in contact with it would be the Bumper.
- A type of item that will help the player in defense, offense, etc. One example of a defense one would be the Back Shield.
- A type of item that will help heal the player's percentage, making the player much more safer in combat. One example would be the Heart Container.
- A type of item that really dosen't effect anything at all, as it's role sort of serves as a collectible. One example would be Trophies, which can be added to the Trophy Collection of the player.
- A type of item that doesn't belong in any of the other categories, as it's use is very special. One example would be the Smash Ball.
The category, Summoning only has 2 items, the Assist Trophy and Pokéballs, both of which can summon allies.
|Smash Ball||Special||Allows the player/Computer who last hit it gain the ability to use their Final Smash.|
|Assist Trophy||Summoning||Summons an Assister, who will assist the player against the other opponents.|
|Pokéball||Summoning||Summons a Pokémon that will assist the player against the other opponents. Does not include Legendary Pokémon.|
|Masterball||Summoning||Summons a Legendary Pokémon that will assist the player against the other opponents. Has been altered to now only include Legendary Pokémon, but is now more rare.|
|Super Mushroom||Status||Grows the player to an extremely large size for a few seconds.|
|Poison Mushroom||Status||Shrinks the player to an extremely tiny size for a few seconds.|
- At first, icons were planned.
- After a day they were scrapped.
- Soon enough, icons were used again.
- After a day they were scrapped.
- Due to some issuses, the Meta Knight icon was created by the User, Dk64rules. So credits go to him/her.
- However, once the Owner changed the icons he made his own, which was pretty easy considering the new shape.