Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Donkey Kong (1981)|
Mario is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Combat, and is unlocked from the start. Mario has recieved several changes, such as his improved jumping ability and better recovery as a whole, and a new Final Smash for his base moveset. Mario has been changed aesthetically to reflect his more cartoonish appearances, being more brightly colored. Brand new voice clips were recorded by Charles Martinet for this game, making Mario sound more like his usual happy self, and appears to be more jovial as a whole in-game.
Special Set A
- Standard Special - Fireball - Mario shoots a fireball from his hand that bounces forwards twice before disappearing. The fireball's appearance and mechanics have been changed to reflect the actual in-game appearance of the fireball, being less realistic.
- Side Special - Cape - Mario swipes his cape (obtained using the Cape Feather) towards opponents to reflect projectiles. The cape has recieved no changes and is identical to previous installments.
- Up Special - Super Jump Punch - Mario jumps high into the air, comboing any opponents in his path. This move is identical to previous installments.
- Down Special - F.L.U.D.D. - Mario charges up F.L.U.D.D. before squirting out water at opponents. F.L.U.D.D. charges much faster in this game, but other than that this move recieved no changes.
- Final Smash - Starman - Mario uses a Starman to become a walking hurtbox, hurting any opponents he touches for a period of time while the iconic Star jingle plays.
Special Set B
- Standard Special - Hammer - Mario winds up his Hammer from the Mario and Luigi games before smacking it into the ground, or into opponents if they are in his way.
- Side Special - Boomerang - Mario throws one of his Boomerangs from his Boomerang form at opponents, which travels a distance forwards then comes back to Mario.
- Up Special - Propeller - Mario uses his propeller to fly high into the air before floating slowly down. While Mario is floating down, he can still use aerial attacks.
- Down Special - Mario Tornado - Mario spins around before stopping and punching out with both fists. If opponents are hit with one segment of this move, they are very likely to be trapped in it until the end of the move. It also slows Mario's fall. It is now a combination of Mario's and Dr. Mario's.
- Final Smash - Mega Mushroom - Mario uses a Mega Mushroom to enlarge to great proportions and begin stomping around the stage, flattening any opponents in his way.
- His default outfit.
- An outfit based on Fire Mario's appearance.
- An outfit based on the original boxart of Mario Bros.
- An outfit based on the appearance of Jumpman.
- An outfit based on Wario's plumber attire.
- An outfit based on Foreman Spike's appearance in Wrecking Crew '98.
- An outfit with complimentary colors for his normal outfit.
- An outfit based on his outfit in NES Open Tournament Golf.
- An outfit based on Waluigi's attire.
- Dr. Mario
- An outfit based on his appearance in a Japanese commercial for the New Nintendo 3DS.
- His Wrecking Crew attire.
- Mario is one of three characters to have a costume that was a previously playable character.