Playable CharactersAll representitives from Brawl return, except for Olimar, ROB, the EarthBound characters, and Pokémon Trainer. Each character has a moveset.
- Mario- Mario
- Peach - Mario
- Bowser - Mario
- Bowser Jr. (NEW!) - Mario
- Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong
- Diddy Kong- Donkey Kong
- Yoshi - Yoshi
- Wario - Wario
- Link - Legend of Zelda
- Zelda (can become Sheik using down smash) - Legend of Zelda
- Toon Link - Legend of Zelda
- Mega Man (NEW!) - Mega Man
- Kirby - Kirby
- Meta Knight - Kirby
- Ice Climbers - Ice Climbers
- Pit - Kid Icarus
- Pikachu - Pokemon
- Snivy (NEW!) - Pokemon
- Samus (can become Zero Suit Samus using final smash) - Metroid
- Marth - Fire Emblem
- Fox - Starfox
- Falco - StarFox
- Sonic - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Luigi - Mario
- Daisy (NEW!) - Mario
- Waluigi (NEW!) - Wario
- King Boo (NEW!) - Luigi's Mansion
- Ganondorf - Legend of Zelda
- Tetra (NEW!) - Legend of Zelda
- King Dedede - Kirby
- Bonkers (NEW!) - Kirby
- Lucario - Pokemon
- Ash (NEW!; uses Cyndaquil, Bayleef, and Feraligatr) - Pokemon
- Piplup (NEW!) - Pokemon
- Ike - Fire Emblem
- Black Knight (NEW!) - Fire Emblem
- Wolf - Starfox
- Dash - Starfox
- Spiderman (NEW!) - MARVEL
- Solid Snake - Metal Gear
- Tails (NEW!) - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Knuckles (NEW!) - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Amy Rose (NEW! - Sonic the Hedgehog
- Mii (NEW!) - Nintendo
Unlocking critique: See How to Unlock Characters in Super Smash Bros. Channel.
Downloadable CharactersThese characters are downloadable via connecting to Wi-Fi. They have no role in the story whatsoever, but you can play as them in story mode, so long as you've already beaten it.
- Toad (NEW!) - Mario
- Paper Mario (NEW!) - Paper Mario
- Proto Man (NEW!) - Megaman
- Prince Fluff (NEW!) - Kirby
- Victini (NEW!) - Pokemon
- Samurai Goroh (NEW!) - F-Zero
- Krystal (NEW!) - Starfox
- Jet the Hawk (NEW!) - Sonic the Hedgehog
See here: Super Smash Bros. Channel/Stages
Other Gameplay Modes
- Single Battle: A single battle, you can do as many as you want in a row.
- Special Brawl: Stamina setting, heavy setting, metal setting, etc.
- Tournament: Select you're character and start the tournament of fights!
- Training Mode: Basically just what it sounds like.
- Classic Mode: Same as in all other Smash Bros. games.
- All-Star Mode: Fight them in order!
- Events: Matches with some sort of kooky gimmicks.
- Story Mode: See above.
- Boss Rush Mode: Face the bosses in Collision Course in a random order.
- At first, AdamGregory03 was thinking about making the third Fire Emblem character Roy, returning him from Melee, until he replaced the idea with the Black Knight.
- It has been confirmed that Miis will have customizable movesets.
- There are many different trophies that the player can obtain. Here is the list.
- The Sonic the Hedgehog-represented downloadable character was originally going to be Dr. Eggman, however he had to be cut because he was already an assist. He was replaced by Jet.