|Super Smash Bros. Versus|
|Developer(s)|| Dark Hearts,|
|Publisher(s)||Fantendo Publishing Ltd.|
|1-4 Players local & online|
|ESRB: T for Teen|
|Media Included||Nintendo Wii U optical disc|
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズ 究極 Dairantō Sumasshu Burazāzu Kyūkyoku) is a fighting video games developed by Sora Ltd. and Bandai Namco Games and published by Nintendo for the Wii U video game console. It is an updated version of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U.
SSB4 Ultimate is an expanded version of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U including the additional content from the previous version, as well as content from Super Smash Bros. for 3DS.
Overall the gameplay remains the same with only a few tweaks to some characters. However a few characters did get some new things. For example the Final Smash of both Princess Peach and Donkey Kong were changed to eliminate the negative points about the characters, they however kept the moveset of Ganondorf to its original.
Classic Mode was turned into the one featured in the 3DS version, although now including one stage which is an eight-player smash. Smash Run also made it over to the Ultimate version, this time allowing for online gameplay making the mode more appealing to fans.
Along with the Ultimate version a new wave of Amiibo was also announced which would include some of the additional characters like Mewtwo, Isaac, Inkling and the Ice Climbers.
Duo to high fan request Sakurai had decided to return a Story Mode in the Ultimate version. However it now takes over the role of All-Star Mode. All characters have to be unlocked in order to play the Story Mode. The story revolves around Master Hand and Crazy Hand who try to destroy the universes and create an own universe in which they are the rulers and all the heroes and villains are their slaves.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate features the original 49 characters from Super Smash Bros. 4 and introduces 8 new playable fighters. All of the downloadable characters became on-disc characters in this version. The following characters are exclusive to the Ultimate update.
The number of stages is bigger than in any game before. All of the new 3DS and Wii U stages appear in the Ultimate version. Mario Circuit (Brawl), Skyworld (Brawl) and Smashville (Brawl) were all removed from this version. The Pokémon Stadium 2 and the Flat Zone 2 stages are replaced by Pokémon Stadium X and Flat Zone X which basically are the two versions of both stages into one. New stages added are:
The following characters have new alternate costumes
- Luigi: Mr. L
- Peach: Shadow Queen, Sports Outfit, her Fire outfit now has a ponytail
- Bowser: Dry Bowser, Dark Bowser, Meowser
- Yoshi: Plessie skin
- Rosalina: Cosmic Spirit, her Fire outfit now has a ponytail
- Donkey Kong: Punch Out!! Champion
- Link: Zora Armor (TP)
- Zelda: Skyward Sword dress
- Toon Link: Outset, Engineer
- Zero Suit Samus: Justin Bailey
- Ness: PJ's
- Lucas: Claus outfit (no mask)
- Meta Knight: Galacta Knight
- Ice Climbers: Polar Bear Costumes
- Mewtwo: Armor (Pkmn movie)
- Lucario: Shiny skin
- Inkling: Female/Male: Orange, Blue, Green, Pink
- Shovel Knight: recolors based on: Black Knight, King Knight, Polar Knight, Propeller Knight, Shield Knight, Tinker Knight, Treasure Knight
- Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
- Black Mage: recolors based on: Warrior, Thief, Monk, White Mage, Red Mage, Vivi, black costume BM
- Sonic: Werehog, Darkspine