Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island is an American animated television series that is loosely based on the game of the same name. The cartoon chronicles the adventures of Baby Mario, Baby Luigi and their pal Yoshi. Kamek (called in this show as "The Great Magikoopa") and several new characters, such as Boogie Boom, make an appearance as well. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island was the final DIC's Super Mario cartoons and originally aired from November 7th, 1995 to March 14th, 1996.
Comparison to the video game
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, though based on the video game of the same name, included several creative licenses. The fairies and Yoshi City are both introduced in the television series. Again, Yoshi spoke in English rather than with whistle noises from the video game. Baby Mario and Baby Luigi retained their appearances from The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 (with an exception that they had no mustache), while Baby Bowser retained his appearance from Super Mario Bros. Super Show!. Many locations and enemies including Baby Bowser were referred to by different names:
- Boos were referred to as "Ghosts".
- Bullet Bills were referred to as "Speeding Bullets".
- Bowser's Castle was referred to as "The Disco Castle".
- Bandits were referred to as "Thieves" or "Baby Snatchers the Second".
- Mini Battles were referred to as "Bandit Games".
- Bandits that played Bandit Games were referred to as "Friendly Burglars".
- Grinders were referred to as "Monkeys".
- Goonies were referred to as "Birds".
- Tap-Taps were referred to as "Mechanical Maniacs".
- Ravens were referred to as "Black Birds"
- Flutters were referred to as "Butterflies".
- Boo Balloons were referred to as "Ghost Balloons".
- Morph Bubbles were referred to as "Shape Shift Bubbles".
- Nep-Enuts were referred to as "Water Monsters".
- Baby Bowser was referred to as "Baby Koopa".
- Kamek was referred to as "The Great Magikoopa".
- Toadies were referred to as "Mini-Magikoopas".
- Little Mousers were referred to as "Mice" or "Egg Bandits"
- Bumpties were referred to as "Penguins"
- Tracey Moore — Baby Mario Mario, Baby Luigi Mario
- Andrew Sabiston — Yoshi
- Tara Charendoff — Baby Koopa
- John Stocker — The Great Magikoopa, Mini-Magikoopas, Bandits, Ravens, Shy Guys, Goonies, Tap-Taps, Boogie Boom
- Paulina Gillis — Flutter
- Dan Hennessey — Green Dinosaur, Purple Dinosaur, Blue Dinosaur
- Judy Marshak — (Additional Voices)
- Catherine Gallant — (Additional Voices)
- Stuart Stone — (Additional Voices)