Super Mario Voyage is a Platorming game for the Nintendo Wii being made by Wand Co.. In the game, you ride on a sort of large raft and you can set it up with fireball and iceball cannons, shields, and mixing 4 Propeller Mushrooms with it allows it to jump. It is 4-Player, like New Super Mario Bros. Wii. It uses the Wii Remote held sideways.
Mario, Luigi and Peach were relaxing in the Mushroom Kingdom. Suddenly, Bowser swoops over and grabs Peach. No one was panicking though, as they had grown used to this. Mario and Luigi sighed and went off to save her. But Bowser told them that he had set up a floating fortress in the middle of the Mushroom Sea, and that they would never get her. He then laughed and flew away. Mario and Luigi went to rescue her, but were stopped by Yoshi and Wario. They said that they knew all about the island and that they needed some sort of boat to go rescue her. So, the four of them began to build a large raft that could carry them to the floating fortress. When they had finished, they looked at it proudly. It was large enough to carry 8 people and was equipped with a light. Then Mamar came down and told them that she heard about what they were going to do. She told them that they could not reach it with just normal Power-Ups. So she cast a spell on them and told them that they could now turn Power-Ups into things to equip their ship with. She the flew away. Then, Mario, Luigi, Wario and Yoshi set sail for adventure.
Gameplay & Controls
The gameplay is like that of New Super Mario Bros. Wii, except instead of you moving through the course, your ship does the moving for you. However, Bowser had set up the ocean with flying and aquatic enemies, along with small platforms to carry ground enemies. When you hit a ? Block, an item will pop out. You can do 2 things with this item. You can either pick it up and become stronger, or you can turn it into a weapon or upgrade for your ship. When you reach the end of a level, you must take 2 of them off. You can turn ship upgrades back into Power-Ups as well.
- D-Pad - Move, Crouch, Angle Cannon.
- 2 Button - Jump, Eject
- 1 Button - Shoot, Throw, Carry
- Shake Wii Remote - Turn Items into Upgrades and vice-versa,
- - Button - Use grappling hook to grab out-of-reach items and heroes.
- + Button - Pause Game.
Characters & Their Abilities
- Mario - N/A
- Luigi - Highest Jump
- Yoshi - Flutter Jump, Tongue
- Wario - Can Throw the Furthest and Ground Pound the hardest
Items, Upgrade Equivalents, And Purposes
- Mushroom = N/A: As an Item, it makes you bigger. As an Upgrade, it makes the Ship bigger.
- Fire Flower = Fire Cannon: As an Item, it turns you into Fire Form. As an Upgrade, it turns into a cannon and can shoot enemies with more force and speed. You can angle it with Up and Down. Get off by pressing 2. Shoot with 1.
- Ice Flower = Ice Cannon: As an Item, t turns you into Ice Form. As an Upgrade, it turns into a cannon that can shoot enemies with more force and speed. You can angle it with Up and Down. Get off by pressing 2. Shoot with 1.