This page was made by User:McZaky29. Please do not edit.. in case he ever comes back :( .
|Super Mario Trading Card Game|
|Platform(s)||PC (internet game)|
The Super Mario Trading Card Game (often shortened to Super Mario TCG, Mario TCG or SMTCG ) is an online game involving virtual trading cards. As previously mentioned, the game will be released on the internet, and users will play live matchups with other players currently on the internet with similar win-loss records.
Types of Cards
Character (Fighter) Cards
These are the main cards of any hand. When one player runs out of Character (Fighter outside of North America) Cards, he or she loses.
Item cards have a certain effect on characters depending on the description on the card. Each player can use only one item card per turn.
Badge cards have a varied effect on characters, usually throughout the battle. For instance a badges increase attack by one throughout the rest of the battle. Some badges activate when a card has a certain amount of health remaining. Most cards have a default 5 BP. Each player can equip only one badge per turn.
Terrain cards increase certain stats for certain types. For instance, the terrain card "World 1-1" increases attack, defense, and resistance for standard type cards. Only one terrain card can be in play for each player, and terrain cards last for three turns.
Starting The Game
Each player will start by drawing the top 5 cards off the deck of 40 cards. They will play one of the character cards in their current hand. Whichever character has the highest speed stat goes first.
Actions that don't end your turn:
- Equipping a badge
- Playing a terrain card
Actions that do end your turn:
- Using an item
- Switching characters
A player wins when all of the opponents character cards have been defeated.
- HP: The card's maximum health. When this number hits zero, the card is defeated.
- FP: Flower Points. These allow a character to use moves that cost FP. Each character has 10 FP unless indicated otherwise.
- Attack: How much damage an attack does, listed next to the attack. The number indicates how much damage an attack will do, before the number is lowered by the opponent's defense/resistance.
- Defense: The higher this number is, the more damage is resisted from physical attacks.
- Resistance: The higher this number is, the more damage is resisted from indirect attacks.
- Speed: This number determines which character goes first in a battle.
- ATK-Up: Increases attack by a set number for a certain amount of turns.
- ATK-Down: Decreases attack by a set number for a certain amount of turns.
- DEF-Up: Increases defense and resistance by a set number for a certain amount of turns.
- DEF-Down: Decreases defense and resistance by a set number for a certain amount of turns.
- Poison: Inflicts 1 damage in between turns for 5 turns unless otherwise indicated (Note: Poison types are immune to poison).
- Burn: Inflicts 2 damage in between turns for 5 turns. Wears off if the user is struck with a Water type move (Note: Flame types are immune to burn).
- Frozen: Prevents the afflicted character from attacking or switching for 5 turns unless otherwise indicated. If the target is struck by a Flame type move, then the attack does double damage and the status wears off (Snow types are immune to the frozen status).
- Electrocuted: Prevents the afflicted character from attacking or switching for 3 turns unless otherwise indicated. If struck by a direct attack, the attacker receives half the damage inflicted (Lightning types are immune to the electrocuted status).
- Invisible: Provides the afflicted character with immunity for 3 turns unless otherwise indicated.
Starter decks are given to new users, and otherwise cost 300 coins. They consist of 40 cards, and therefore can be used as a deck for a battle. The following is a list of Starter Decks:
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario World
- Super Mario 64
- Paper Mario
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Super Paper Mario
- Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
- Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
- Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
- Super Mario RPG
- Super Mario Galaxy
Booster packs can be purchased for 100 coins. Boosters consist of 10 random cards from any series.
A user can find another user and set up a trade with that user. Trades can be any card for any card, even trading two cards for one. Both players, though, have to agree on the trade.
The card shop is an easy way to get cards. Depending on rarity, power, etc., individual cards can cost anywhere between 5 and 50 coins. Booster packs and starter decks can also be purchased at the card shop.
The following is a list of the 14 card types.
Certain types of moves have their damage modified when used on a certain type of card. For example, Flame type moves inflict double damage on Leaf types, but inflict only half of their normal damage on Water types. Lightning type moves do not inflict any damage on Earth types. The following is a chart displaying type effectivity.
A deck used in a battle must have 40 cards in it. When in a battle, a player has the option to use a preset (starter) deck, or can make a custom deck. There cannot be more than one of each card in a deck (Note: Some cards have different versions depending on series. In a deck can be the same card from different series). There are no other limits as to what types of cards can be in a deck other than there must be at least one fighter.