Super Mario Sunshine 2: The New Islands is a fan-made sequel to the original Super Mario Sunshine.
The game follows Mario after he was invited to Isle Delfino for the island's 900th anniversary. One he arrives he learns that many new island have appeared around Isle Delfino but the Shine Sprites have left once again.
One day mario got an invitation to Isle Delfino, to celebrate the island's 900th anniversary. Also, the letter said your could bring 5 guests, So Mario, Peach and a couple other friends climb aboard the plane and fly off. When they get there, the Piantas tell to Mario and co. that they discovered many new islands around their area, however the Shine Sprites left once again.
In this game you can play as Mario, Luigi (unlockable), Wario (unlockable), Waluigi (unlockable) and Toad (starter)
- Carckino Isle is a big island with a lot of wreckage (planes, ships). It is predicted to be 60 years old. Boss: Cargo Crab.
- Ysey Canyon is a huge barren island with huge spires that rival Mt. Everest. They are so high that lightning can be seen striking the tips during a storm. Its named after the legandary beast Yaqwyn, which was last spotted on this island. The island is predicted to be 1,000 yrs old. Boss: Yaqwyn.
- Myztry Cavern looks like a very small island, but actually leads to a huge cave system with crystals and strange energy. It is predicted to be 550 years old. Boss: Crystal Luigi.
- Dannus island is a strange island that somehow has prehistoric animals thriving on it. It is predicted to be 100,000 yrs old. boss: Diety Piranha.
- Isle Delfino is the island where it all started. The island is 900 years old.
- Bianco Hills takes place in the hills from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 20 years old.
- Ricco Harbor takes place in the harbor from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 5 years old.
- Pinna Park takes place in the park from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 17 years old.
- Gelato Beach takes place on the beach from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 39 yrs old.
- Sirena Beach takes place on the beach from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 27 years old.
- Corona Mountain is the volcano that formed Isle Delfino. It is predicted to be 34,000 years old.
- Pianta Village takes place in the village from the first game of the same name. It is predicted to be 300 years old.
- Nago Hole is the deep hole below pianta village, nobody dared to investigate until now. There are legends of huge monsters on the bottom. Boss: Casisis Anilius.
(all locations on isle delfino excluding nago hole remain the same as they did in the first sunshine, all the missions are the same.)