|Super Mario Moose|
|December 31, 2015|
|Predecessor||Super Mario 3D World|
|Successor||Super Mario Moose Deluxe|
|Max. amount of players||4|
Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, Blue Toad, and Peach are walking through Moose Meadows when they hear a roar. Bowser falls from the sky, capturing all the moose and Princess Peach herself. Bowser then hops on to his airship and fly's to his castle. Mario runs after him, and the others run with him.
Super Mario Moose is a 3D platformer, similar to Super Mario 3D Land and Super Mario 3D World. Like past games, Super Mario Moose has an open world (though with a obvious path), a Goal Pole, and a time limit. Star Coins are in the game, with three being in every level. These can be used to unlock levels in the two secret worlds.
Super Mario Moose allows up to four players to play at once, using Mario, Luigi, Yellow Toad, and Blue Toad as playable characters. If someone wants to join or drop out, they just need to go to the menu and drop out or drop in. Like past games, players can enter bubbles and pick up/throw other players. Unlike Super 3D World, each player has a separate amount of lives.
Super Mario Moose has 9 main worlds, along with two bonus worlds. Each of the main worlds have six levels, with five regular levels and one fortress. The bonus worlds have seven levels, with five regular levels and a castle and a fortress. Toad Houses reappear in the game, and Enemy Blockades return from Super Mario 3D World. When the player collects all 3 Star Coins in a level, a bar at the top of the screen will show the 3 coins for the level.
A grassland world, and also where the games story begins. The boss of this world is Larry Koopa.
A desert themed world. The boss is Iggy Koopa.
Guinea Pig Glacier
An snow themed world. The boss of this world is Lemmy Koopa.
Wombat Water World
A jungle themed world. The boss of this world is Roy Koopa.
A mountain world. The first boss is Troopa Koopa, and the second boss is a second encounter with Bowser Jr.
A cloud themed world. The boss is Morton Koopa Jr..
A crazy world. The boss of this world is Ludwig von Koopa.
Bowser's Castle, modified to be the Moose Fortress, and the final main world of the game. The first boss is Kamek, the second boss is a final encounter with Bowser Jr., the third boss is Bowser, and the final boss is Moose Bowser.
World Boom Boom
One of the two bonus worlds of the game. Before entering the world, Mario and co. discover that Boom Boom has kidnapped and caged Princess Daisy. The first boss is Boom Boom, and the second boss is a harder fight with Boom Boom.
World Pom Pom
World Galaxy (DLC)
The only downloadable world. This world mainly focuses on a Super Mario Galaxy theme, and has Mario and co. teaming up with Rosalina to save the Lumas. The first boss is King Kaliente and the second boss is Bouldergeist.
Enemies and Obstacles
More info on Super Mario Moose Deluxe.
More info on Super Mario Moose Deluxe
Items and Objects
More info on Super Mario Moose Deluxe
- December 31, 2015: The game is released.
- January 31, 2016: The Super Mario Galaxy DLC releases, coming with World Galaxy and Rosalina.
- Februrary 6, 2016: Miivatars become playable characters.
To be added.
References to Other Games
- Super Mario Bros.: One level of this game is an 8-bit level with many sprites from this game.
- Super Mario Bros. 3: The Death Jingle is taken from this game.
- Super Mario Sunshine: Players can perform a spin jump similar to this game.
- Super Mario Galaxy/ Super Mario Galaxy 2: World Galaxy is based around this game. In addition, Rosalina is available as a playable character.
- New Super Mario Bros, Wii/ New Super Mario Bros. U: Many features return from this game, including the simultaneous ground pound, the ability to pick up other players, and bubbles. In addition, Miivatars are playable in this game, similar to how Miis are playable in these games,
- Super Mario 3D Land: A lot of the gameplay and levels were heavily inspired by this game. Boom Boom and Pom Pom also reappear as bosses, and many items and objects return.
- Super Mario 3D World: Many mechanics from this game, as the game has similar gameplay to it.
References in Later Games
- Gigabyte Gaming Brawl 2015: Troopa and Moose Bowser appear in this game as characters, Troopa's Wand and the Moose Mishroom as power-ups, and Moose Meadows and the Moose Fortress as stages.
- Mario Kart Gamer: Moose Meadows appears in this game as a stage.
Beta and Unused Content
Main Article: Super Mario Moose/Beta and Unused Content
Super Mario Moose had a ton of unused content, including planned bosses, power-ups, and more. These were all taken out for certain reasons.
Super Mario Galaxy DLC
A Super Mario Galaxy DLC pack was announced January 30, 2016, and was released the next day. This pack included Rosalina as a playable character and World Galaxy, a world with seven levels.
On July 24, 2016, Gigabyte Gaming announced a sequel titled Super Mario Moose Deluxe, which would be the same game just with more levels, worlds, and game modes. It will be released sometime in 2017 for the Super Gamer.
- This game marks the first appearence of Troopa the Koopaling and the Moose Mushroom.
- The game was originally supposed to be a stupid idea, but it turned to a serious game.
- This was the first game created by Gigabyte Gaming, as well as the first game announced for the Gamer.