Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Super Mario Maker 3DS|
|E for Everyone|
Super Mario Maker 3DS is a 2D platform game creator for Nintendo 3DS. It allows players to insert blocks, enemies, items, and more from the Super Mario Bros. Series.
The gameplay of Super Mario Maker 3DS is similar to the gameplay of Super Mario Maker for the Wii U. The New Super Mario Bros. 2 style is possibly replacing the New Super Mario Bros. U style. Players have the option to create Super Mario Land and Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins styled levels.
Luigi was not playable in Super Mario Maker for the Wii U but he is playable in this game.
- Super Mario Bros.
- Super Mario Bros. 3
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- New Super Mario Bros. 2
Bold = Styles available at the start.
- Ghost House
Bold = Styles available at the start.
- Semi-solid Platform (shake to change appearance)
- Mushroom Platforms
- Hard Blocks (broken by certain objects)
- Brick Blocks
- ? Blocks
- Warp Pipes
- Coins (shake to turn into Pink Coins)
- 1up Mushrooms (1up Hearts in Super Mario Land Style)
- Trampolines (can be placed sideways)
- Warp Doors (shake to turn into P Doors and again for Key Doors)
- Arrow Signs (shake to turn into Checkpoint Flags)
- Cloud Blocks (they are solid-from-top and breakable by various objects)
- Conveyor Belts (direction, length and speed can be changed)
- Donut Blocks
- Ice Blocks (breakable/meltable by various objects)
- Invisible ? Block
- Lifts (Tap arrow to change direction, shake to turn into blue falling lift)
- Note Blocks (shake to turn into a Music Block, plays a note that changes pitch based on its height)
- One-way Walls
- P Switches (shake to turn into a Key)
- POW Blocks
- Super Mushrooms
- Fire Flowers (Superball Flowers in Super Mario Land Style) (Shake to turn into Gold Flowers (Gold Superball Flowers in Super Mario Land Style))
- Super Stars
- Shell Helmets
- Mystery Mushrooms - by using amiibo, that character can be inserted into the game as a transformation for Mario in the form of this item. - Exclusive to Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Land styles.
- Super Leaves (Exclusive to Super Mario Bros. 3 and New Super Mario Bros 2 styles)
- Carrots (Exclusive to Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins style)
- Goombas (Goombos in Super Mario Land Style)
- Koopas (Shake to make Red) (Bombshell Koopas in Super Mario Land style and shaking doesn't do anything in the Super Mario Land Style)
- Hammer Bros (add a Super Mushroom to turn them into Sledge Bros and add a Fire Flower to turn them into Fire Bros)
- Piranha Plants (shake to turn into Venus Fire Traps)
- Bill Blasters (shoot Bullet Bills. Shake to turn into red ones, which shoot Bull's-Eye Bills and/or how it shoots it. Height can be adjusted)
- Bloopers (shake to turn into Blooper Nannies)
- Bob-ombs (shake to turn into lit ones)
- Boos (drag into platforms to turn into Stretch)
- Buzzy Beetles (shake to make it hide in shell, becoming a Shell Helmet)
- Chain Chomps (shake to turn into Fire Chomps)
- Cheep Cheeps
- Dry Bones (are Fish Bones underwater, when course is being played)
- Fire Bars
- Shoe Goomba both normal and a "stiletto" version in Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Bros. 3 styles.
- Grinders (shake to turn into bumpers)
- Lava Bubbles
- Fire Snakes
- Spike Traps
- Spike Tops (Shake to make it into the blue, faster variation)
- Lakitus (shake to remove it from cloud)
- Spinies (shake to make it hide in shell, becoming a Shell Helmet)
- Gray Bowser Statues
- Thwomps (shake to turn into Skewers)
- Wigglers (Shake to turn into angry ones)
In all non-castle course styles, the goal is different depending on what game style is being used. But, no matter what game style is being used, all castle areas end with a boss bridge and an axe. This is to keep consistent with Super Mario Bros.
- Goal Pole + castles in non-castle, Super Mario Bros. / New Super Mario Bros. 2 courses
- Super Mario Land goals
- Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins goals
- Super Mario Bros. 3-style Goals in non-castle, Super Mario Bros. 3 courses
- Boss bridge + axe in castle courses
Bold = Elements that are available at the start.
Differences From Original Games
- No matter what look is being used, all castle areas end with a boss bridge and an axe. This is to keep consistent with Super Mario Bros.
- Mario does not need to enter the fortress in Super Mario Bros. and New Super Mario Bros. 2 styles. He just needs to grab the Goal Pole to complete the level.
- It's also possible to jump over the flagpole.
- Also Mario does not have to reach the door after beating a castle level in all 5 themes.
- To be consistent with non-Japanese versions of Super Mario Bros. 3, and all versions of New Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario can take two hits if he has a "second tier" power-up (such as a Fire Flower). That is, he will revert to Super Mario instead of Small Mario.
Super Mario Bros.
- Moving platforms and mushroom platforms could not be jumped through from underneath in the original game; this was changed to be consistent with the platforms in New Super Mario Bros. 2.
- All shells now have spinning sprites, unlike in the original. This is consistent with the other styles.
- The player gets extra height from jumping on an enemy, just like all games since Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels.
- The player can now fully backtrack.
- Water and lava are animated, much like in Super Mario Bros. Deluxe.
- Hitting blocks and bricks with shells will cause them to break or otherwise react as if Mario were to hit them, consistent with the other styles.
- The player can hit coin blocks underwater, just as in other styles.
- The beanstalks have Piranha Plant heads on their tops, making them consistent with other styles.
Super Mario Bros. 3
- Fire Flowers were colored white and blue in the original, but are colored red and green here. This is consistent with New Super Mario Bros. 2.
- The player can now simply hold the jump button instead of repeatedly pressing it for Mario to ascend and slowly descend. This is consistent with New Super Mario Bros. 2.
New Super Mario Bros. 2
- The Goal Pole base was wider than one block in the original game, but it is only one block wide here. Additionally, after jumping off the pole, Mario enters the castle without doing his victory animation, but he'll still say "Mario Number One!" before entering. These were possibly changed to be consistent with the Super Mario Bros. style.
- When attacking Dry Bones, their heads do not fly off their bodies, and instead stay on their bodies. This was possibly changed to be consistent with the other styles.
- Objects do not dance to the music. This was possibly changed to be consistent with the other game styles.
- The goal pole will not play the original Super Mario Bros. course clear music when the last two digits on the timer are the same. This was possibly changed to be consistent with the Super Mario Bros. style.
- Mario does not look directly at any enemies or items whenever he's near them.
- There is no cheering or applause during chains of 1-Ups.
- If Luigi gets a Super Leaf, he will become Raccoon Luigi instead of Fox Luigi. This was possibly changed to be consistent with the Super Mario Bros. 3 style.
- If Luigi gets a Gold Flower, he will become Gold Luigi instead of Silver Luigi.
- Gold Mario / Luigi enters the fortress in the Gold Form after touching the goal pole, rather than reverting to Fire Mario / Luigi.
Gallery can be seen Here.