Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Mario Legend is a Platformer/RPG game for the Wii being made by Wand Co.. It has graphics like that of Super Mario Bros. 3, but everything has the correct color. In the game, Mario no longer collects power-ups, but they become enchantments and equipment. The Wii Remote is held sideways for this game.
Mario is relaxing under a tree when all of a sudden, Toad runs over to him and gives him a letter. He then dashes off in a panic. Mario shrugged and read the letter. It said:
"Mario, Bowser has returned with his children. They've taken over the Mushroom World! Bowser has taken me to a far away place. Help me!"
Mario ran off to rescue the princess.
Mario entered Simple Plains and began his quest to save the princess. He was running when suddenly, 2 Goomba's attacked him. The Goomba's were strange. They seemed stronger than the other ones Mario had fought. Mario jumped on one and it stayed alive. The Goomba got even angrier and attacked again. Mario got hit and he fell to the ground. The Goomba's were about to get him when Mario summoned up the last bit of strength he had and leaped onto the Goomba he had stomped before. The Goomba was flattened and he died. The other Goomba came at Mario, but he leaped into the air and jumped onto it. The Goomba was dizzy and Mario saw his chance at took it. He leaped up and stomped on the Goomba. It died too. Satisfied, Mario continued his journey. He was walking for a while when an unknown voice spoke to him. The voice said that Bowser's army has gotten stronger than ever. And said that if he should find more power-ups, they will enhance him, make him stronger. Mario was confused, but said OK. He then continued his journey.
Gameplay & Controls
The gameplay is quite similar to Super Mario Bros. 3, but with some changes. Mario now has more power-ups and they have a new effect. Some power-ups, such as the Fire Flower or Metal Mushroom, is an enchantment that can alter Mario's jump, speed and abilities. Others like the Tanooki Suit or the Hammer Suit are special equipment that grant Mario new powers and upgrade his health and weapon (if he has one). Unlike SMB3, Mario has health points instead of slowly decreasing his power-ups when hit by enemies. Whenever Mario defeats a Koopaling, Mario will gain the ability to use the weapon that the Koopaling was using to fight him. Each Koopaling has their own weapon and each one has it's advantages and disadvantages. When you see a power-up and collect it, Mario will not gain it's powers, but it will be put in his Power Menu and he can use it for later.
- D-Pad - Move, Duck.
- 2 Button - Jump, Select.
- 1 Button - Open Enchantment/Equipment Menu, activate weapon.
- + Button - Pause.
- A Button - Summon (if available)
- B Button - Second Attack
Equipment and Enchantments
- Mushroom - Restores 1 health point.
- Fire Flower - Adds the ability to shoot fireballs from Mario's weapon.
- Ice Flower - Adds the ability to shoot iceballs from Mario's weapon.
- Thunder Flower - Allows Mario to Summon a thunderbolt to attack enemies.
- Wind Flower - Lets Mario summon a strong gust of wind.
- Bomb Flower - Lets Mario summon an explosion.
- Water Flower - Lets Mario ride on a wave if summoned.
- Star - Mario becomes invincible.
- Superball Flower - Lets Mario throw Superballs.
- Super Leaf - Lets Mario fly and hit with his tail.
- Frog Suit - Allows Mario to jump very high and increases his swimming stat.
- Tanooki Suit - Mario becomes immune to projectiles.
- Hammer Suit - Mario becomes immune to all fire-based attacks.
- Bee Suit - Lets Mario fly and enter secret areas.
- Boo Mushroom - Mario becomes invisible.
- Spring Mushroom - Increases jump stat.
- Blue Shell - Takes 3 hits to lose a health point.
- Penguin Suit - Mario is immune to all ice-based attack and does not slip on ice.
- Metal Mushroom - Mario becomes immune to everything except pitfalls and lava, but jump and run stats are decreased.
- Star Cape - Mario can run much faster and jump 1 block higher and 3 blocks further.
- World 1 - Mushroom Land
- World 2 - Desert Land
- World 3 - Water Land
- World 4 - Giant Land
- World 5 - Sky Land
- World 6 - Ice Land
- World 7 - Pipe Land
- World 8 - Dark Land
- World S - Fire Land
- World X - Galaxy Land
Bosses & Weapons
Bosses are listed in order of the worlds.
- Larry Koopa - Tennis Racket - Lets Mario hit with it and when held in, lets Mario shoot a tennis ball.
- Morton Koopa Jr. - Mace - Lets Mario unleash a large blow that can shake the ground.
- Wendy O. Koopa - Boomerang - Lets Mario throw a boomerang. Can cut grass and ropes.
- Iggy Koopa - Chain Chomp - Stretches out to the nearest enemy and attacks. Can also be used to grapple ledges.
- Roy Koopa - Hammer - Lets Mario pound stakes and hit enemies hard.
- Lemmy Koopa - Ball - Lets Mario bounce higher and can stomp any enemy.
- Ludwig von Koopa - Magic Wand - Shoots a magic blast. Can activate certain objects.
- Lavora - Guitar - Lets Mario fire a sound wave. Can go through walls.
- Jackson Koopa - Laser Sword - Lets Mario attack enemies with increased range.