|Platform(s)||Wii, Nintendo 3DS|
| November 14 2012|
November 24 2012
November 28 2012
November 28 2012
|Single Player, Multiplayer, Online Play|
| : Everyone |
|Media Included||Wii Optical Disc, Nintendo 3DS Card|
Some information on this page may be odd, because some random person keeps changing my game. It will be changed back as soon as possible if that happens. So can someone please block that guy?
Super Mario Hover Race is the first of the Mario Hover Race Series and it's for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo 3DS . You can play with 4 players and you can also go online (and play with 12 players, like Mario Kart Wii ).
The Main Feature is to use the motion sensing of the Wii Remote. By tilling the remote, the players can steer their Hoverboard. Super Mario hover Race can also be played with the Nunchuck controller, Classic controller or with the Gamecube controller.
- Accelerate: When the racer hold down the corresponding button, the hoverboard or hovershoes goes forward.
- Steer: Steering lets racers move up, down and around corners.
- Brake: Braking slows the hoverboard or hovershoes to a abrupt stop.
- Look Behind: Racers can look behind them. In this way, racers can be alert from other racers incoming to steal their place. Racers can also use this feature to see where they are going while backing up, or to aim a weapon at an opponent following up.
- Slap: Racers can Slap other racers when they are close enough. Racers only have to hold down the R button. When a racer slaps another racer, the slapped racer will lose speed. W
- Use Item: When you hold an item, You can hit the X or L button to use it.
- Rocket Start: Racers can perform a speed boost at anytime when a race begins. If racers hold down the corresponding acceleration button right after the countdown displays the number two, then he/she will receive an extra speed boost when the word GO! appears on the screen. However, if drivers hold down the acceleration button for too long and when the fourth and final beep is heard, their engine bursts and they get an even worse start than a regular one and take a few seconds to recover.
Nintendo 3DS Controlling
- Circle pad: Steer
- A/Y: Accelerate
- X/L: Use Item
- R: Kick
- Control pad up: Toggle first person view
- B: Brake / Reverse
- Stylus: Toggle Map View
- Tilt: Steer (First person view only)
Modes of Play
- Grand Prix (1 player) In this mode, drivers race against 11 other CPU players in a quest to finish first. There are 6 cups to choose from, ranging from the most to the least difficult. Drivers earn points by placing within twelve positions. A driver with the most points at the end of the four races wins the cup.
- Time Trial (1 player) Racers race for the fastest time on a selected course. The fastest record is able to be raced again as a ghost. Racers can also race staff records, Regional Records/Champions (WiFi must be used,) World Records/Champions (WiFi also must be used,) and Friend Records (Friend must be registered, friend must send the ghost for Ghost Races, and WiFi also must be used.)
- VS Race (1 to 4 players, up to 12 online) Racers can race to their own custom settings, but it is otherwise relatively the same to Grand Prix, other than the fact that racers can see the other racers' character's names.
- Battle (1 to 4 players, up to 12 online) Racers team up with each other in a battle for the most points. Items only work against the other team so it won't have an effect to the driver's team. The player can only select the Standard Hoverboards and Hovershoes. There are two ways to battle:
- Balloon Battle: Racers get points by using items to hit their opponents. If racers lose all of their balloons, one point is deducted.
- Coin Runners: The goal for racers is to obtain more coins than the other team. If racers hit opponents, opponents drop their coins. However, the certain amount of coins fall depends on the item that hits the player.
- Free Ride: (1 to 4 players) Racers can choose a place to ride totally free. There is no finish at those courses, so the racers can choose when they want to stop. It's basically to train your racing skills and to know the courses for the Grand Prix.
- Missions: (1 player) Players can clear mission to unlock new characters. There are 10 Missions in this game. Every mission has his own special course that can't be found in the VS Race and Grand Prix. If a player clears a Mission, he/she is able to play the courses of the missions in Free Ride mode.
- Ghost Race (Super Mario Hover Race Channel, 1 player) A Time Trial race with ghosts made by players around the world with relatively the same skill level to the actual player.
- Competition (also known as Tournament) (Super Mario Hover Race Channel, 1 player) Racers compete in a timed competition with specific goals (see list below). New tournaments are posted twice a month.
|Mushroom Cup||Flower Cup||Star Cup||Special Cup|
|Toad Circuit||Koopa Troopa Beach||Kalimari Desert||Pinna Park|
|Moo Moo Meadows||Piranha Valley||Mushroom Bridge||Yoshi Field|
|Yoshi Falls||Coconut Mall||Choco Island||Bowser's Castle|
|Good Egg Galaxy||Tall Trunk Galaxy||Throwback Galaxy||Rainbow Road|
The racers are not divided in groups.
- Bowser Jr.
- Ludwig von Koopa
- Diddy Kong
- Koopa Troopa
- Dry Bones
- Shy Guy
- Baby Mario
- Baby Luigi
- Baby Peach
Downloadable Characters (3DS only)
So far there are 2 Packs, but there will be packs added later on. Every pack has 4 Characters. Every Pack costs 5000 Coins.
- Baby Daisy (Baby Pack)
- Baby Donkey Kong (Baby Pack)
- Baby Bowser (Baby Pack)
- Baby Yoshi (Baby Pack)
- Larry Koopa (Koopa Pack 1)
- Iggy Koopa (Koopa Pack 1)
- Lemmy Koopa (Koopa Pack 1)
- Wendy O. Koopa (Koopa Pack 1)
- Morton Koopa Jr. (Koopa Pack 2)
- Roy Koopa (Koopa Pack 2)
- Boom Boom (Koopa Pack 2)
- Dry Bowser (Koopa Pack 2)
|Character Name||Unlocking Criteria|
|Daisy||Win the Flower Cup|
|Toad||Win the Mushroom Cup|
|Toadette||Complete Mission 3|
|Birdo||Complete Mission 7|
|Bowser Jr.||Win the Star Cup|
|Ludwig von Koopa||Win the Special Cup|
|Diddy Kong||Complete Mission 6|
|Koopa Troopa||Complete Mission 2|
|Dry Bones||Complete Mission 10|
|Goomba||Complete Mission 8|
|Shy Guy||Complete Mission 1|
|Baby Mario||Complete Mission 4|
|Baby Luigi||Complete Mission 9|
|Baby Peach||Complete Mission 5|
|Mii||Play with a friend|
|Mushroom||Gives you a speed boost.|
|Triple Mushrooms||Gives you 3 speed boosts.|
|Golden Mushroom||Gives you an temporarily unlimited speed boost.|
|Item Box||When you touch it, you'll get an Item.|
|Fake Item Box||Makes a racer spin-out when he/she touches it.|
|Green Shell||Goes in a straight line and makes a racer spin-out when the Shell touches him/her.|
|Triple Green Shell||Three times the above.|
|Red Shell||Goes to the nearest racer and makes him/her spin-out.|
|Triple Red Shell||Three times the above.|
|Spiny Shell||Goes to the 1st racer and makes him/her spin-out.|
|Star||You'll get invincible for a small time. Every touched racer spins-out.|
|Lightning Bolt||Everybody (except the user) will get 2 times as small as normal, so slow down.|
|Blooper||Everybody (except the user) gets ink at the camera|
|Bullet Bill||The user changes temporarily into a Gigantic Bullet Bill and will steer automaticly and go 3 times as fast.|
|Mini Bullet Bill/Triple Mini Bullet Bill||Goes straight to the nearest racer and makes it explode.|
|Super Leaf||Th user changes into a Raccoon version of itself and can spin-out other racers.|
|Parabomb||Can be placed or thrown and if a racer hits is, it will explode.|
|Mega Mushroom||The user gets 3 times bigger and 2 times as fast as normal.|
|Time-Warp Luma||Makes every racer go in slow motion, only the user will go in normal speed.|
|Frozen Cloud||Makes every racer temporarily frozen.|
|Poison Mushroom||Is placed on the ground. If a racer touches it, he/she will go in slow motion for 7 seconds while the other racers go in normal speed.|
|Gold Shell||Goes in a straight line and makes the hit player spin-out.|
|Blue Shell||Goes in a straight line and makes the hit player temporarily frozen.|
|Triple Blue Shell||Three times the above.|
Main article: Super Mario Hover Race/Beta Elements
For this subject´s image gallery, see Super Mario Hover Race/Gallery
- Bananas are not in the game because they would be to easy to dodge.