Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Super Mario Galaxy ZGP is the third instalment of the Super Mario Galaxy Series. Newer enemies have been added as well as different coloured Lumas.
Mario receives a letter from Peach to celebrate the Star Festival at the castle. Mario eventually arrives and is greeted by several Toads. Once he steps foot on to the bridge, a hole (what looks like a black hole) appears in the sky and sucks the castle, with Peach inside! Luigi and Daisy appears behind Mario and they watch in dismay.
Meanwhile, the "black hole" closes and a UFO-like object flies away with the castle underneath. Bowser is seen approaching the castle with, what looks like, Power Stars in a cage being pushed by Bowser Jr. The young Koopa slips and the Power Stars are scattered around the universe; leaving the Grand Stars in Bowser's Grasp.
In the Mushroom Kingdom, Luigi, Daisy and Mario are talking to the Toad Brigade and then several Lumas and Lubba appear. Lubba and Mario star to talk while Rosalina flies in. They greet her upon her arrival and Rosalina and Lubba agree to help the two brothers to find Peach. The Starship Mario and Comet Observatory appear behind the Lumas and the two fuse together, forming the all new "Starship Observatory". The Toad Brigade decide to join in and use the Starshroom to help. Daisy joins the Toads in the Starshroom.
|Character Name||Advantages of the Character||Disadvantages of the Character|
- Toad (in selected galaxies/missions)
- Yoshi (in certain galaxies/missions)
|Name of Character||Requirement for character to board S.O||Effect when they appear on S.O|
|Rosalina||None||Gives advice for hard levels,|
|Lubba||None||Gives tips and tricks for Mario. (i.e long jumping)|
|Daisy||None||No particular role|
|Toad Brigade||2 Power Stars||Assist the character in some levels|
|Lumas and Yoshi||2 Power Stars||Gives tips and tricks for Mario or Luigi.|
|Comet Luma||10 Power Stars||Talks about comets and shuffles the comets around|
|At the end of every world (Galaxy Lumas), 15 Power Stars (dice lumas)||Transforms into a Galaxy (Galaxy Luma). Transforms into a Dice Block (Dice Luma)|
|Piantas||Complete Suntan Galaxy and Pianta Pool Galaxy successfully.||Gives tips for diving underwater.|
|Nokis||Complete Sea Spring Galaxy, Noki Bay Galaxy and Dark Dolphin Galaxy||Gives tips for the Water Element|
|Whittles||Complete Whittle Woods Galaxy successfully||Gives tips for the Cloud Flower|
|Honey Queen||Complete Honeybee Galaxy, Sweet Treat Galaxy, Honeycomb Galaxy and Honey Slide Galaxy successfully, or alternatively, 65 power stars||Gives tips on the Bee Transformation|
|Honey Bees||Complete "A Sticky Slide" in Honey Slide Galaxy in under 150 seconds||Gives advanced tips for the Bee Mushroom|
|Star Bunny||75 Power Stars||Gives advanced tips when doing the "Spin Jump"|
|Donkey Kong||Complete "Donkey Kong in the Dusk" or alternatively, complete the secret mission in Barrel Bounce Galaxy||Gives tips about Vine Climbing|
|Diddy Kong||75 Power Stars||No particular Role|
|Dolphins||Complete Dolphin Dunce Galaxy||Gives tips about Dolphin Diving|
|Penguins||Win all the penguin races||gives tips about the Penguin Suits|
|Boolossus||Complete Boo Zoo Galaxy||Gives tips about the Boo Mushroom|
|Petey Piranha||Complete Prickled Pine Galaxy||Gives Tips of the Plant Flower|
|Koopa The Quick||Beat him in 3 different races||No Particular Role|
|Gold Gearmo||Complete the Gold Gearmo's "C'mere" missions||No Particular Role|
* means new enemie
There are a total of 30 Bosses.
- LakitUFO (x2)
- Mr. Foo (x2)
- King Needlehead (x2)
- Mecha-Spike General (x1- Universe 1 Boss)
- King Bill(x2)
- Wood Chomp (x1)
- Silver Chomp(s) (x2)
- Mr. Chilli (x2)
- Boulderbug (x1)
- Ice Scream (x1- Universe 2 Boss)
- Mega Wiggler (x2)
- Prince Peepa (x2)
- King Kaktus (x2)
- Prince Paza (x1)
- Mecha Bowser Jr,
- MegaMaargh (x2)
- King Boo (x4)
- Mega Chain Chomp (x1)
- Mecha Bowser (x1- Universe 3 Boss)
- Bowser (x5- Balcony, Bedroom, Kitchen, Grandmaster Galaxy and Retro Riot Galaxy)
- Bowser Jr. (Final Boss Fight only. Introduces the bosses Mecha-Spike, Ice Scream and Mecha Bowser Jr.)
- Gobblegut (x2)
- Squizzard (x2)
- Megaleg (x2)
- Kamella (x2)
- Prince Pikante (x2)
- Bugaboom (x2)
- Baron Brrr (x2)
- King Fin (x2)
- Fire Gobblegut (x2)
Universes/Rooms and Galaxies
There are a total of 6 Areas. A total of 120 Stars exist in the game.
* means Hungry Luma galaxy. Each Hungry Luma Galaxy costs around 1000 Star Bits. The Hungry Luma Galaxies are always before the Bowser/Bowser Jr. Galaxy.
Difference Between ZGP and 3DS
|Maximum lives is 999||Maximum lives is 1500|
|SkiHi Storm has no Comet||SkiHi Storm has a Prankster Comet|
|Boolossus appears on S.O upon completing a Mission||Boolossus must be fought in Boo Zoo Galaxy to appear on S.O|
|Daisy appears in Grandmaster Galaxy to give advice.||Daisy doesn't appear in Grandmaster Galaxy|
|Luigi is playable from the start||Luigi is only playable when the player has collected 30 Stars.|
- In the ZGP Version, Jungle Glide Galaxy, SkiHi Storm Galaxy and Grandmaster Galaxy are the only 3 galaxies to not have a Prankster Comet in orbit.
- This is the first game where Luigi is playable from the start.
- This is Daisy's first SMG appearance.
- Stone Tube, Slippery Sand and Bingo Beach Galaxy are the only galaxies to have a Prankster Comet missions without the Prankster comet's name in. (eg. Mega Wigglers on the Run is the name of the Speedy Comet for Stone Tube Galaxy.)
- Stone Tube Galaxy is a replica of the Stone Tube planet in Super Mario Galaxy 2; Supermassive Galaxy.
- Green Stars were originally going to be in the game, but were cut to keep the old "120 star" tradition.
- Petey Piranha and Boolossus (ZGP Version only) are strangely on the "good side" when in previous games, he is portrayed as a Boss.