|Release date|| October 30, 2008 |
November 22, 2008
December 7, 2008
December 7, 2008
Super Mario Bros: Diaper Duty is a platformer game for the Nintendo Wii that has been released in Japan and North America and will be released in Europe and Australia in time for the holiday season. It features the Baby Super Mario characters, which were prominent in Yoshi’s Island DS and also appeared in Mario Kart Wii and Mario Super Sluggers.
When Bowser kidnaps Baby Peach, and Baby Daisy, it’s up to the Baby Mario and his pals to rescue the girls. In the first level, Young Toadsworth tries to defend the young princesses who are on a playdate with the king and queen having been taken hostage. He progresses through the level jumping on top of Koopas and Goombas with the young princesses in tow. The Baby Bros., feel a sadness run through them channeled from Baby Peach. Knowing something is wrong so they leave their home. They traverse through Big City to reach the end of the level. At the end of the level they meet Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi. After the two are defeated in one on one battles, Baby Waluigi runs home crying and Baby Wario joins Baby Mario and Luigi.
Once the babies leave Big City, they find themselves in the jungles flooded with Gnawties, Zingers, and Kritters. The three babies venture through the four levels of this world to find Prince K. Rool holding Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Funky Kong hostage. Young Cranky Kong is found fighting against Prince K. Rool but he gets distracted and loses in front of the three babies so they step in and defeat Prince K. Rool and free Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Funky Kong. Baby Donkey Kong’s star glows and he joins them, leaving behind his friend Baby Funky Kong.
The four babies then travel to Yoshi Island, filled with Bowser's minions instead of the usual foes that are found there. When the four finish through the levels, they will find Kamek holding the Yoshi Eggs hostage. The four babies then join together with a Yoshi and attack Kamek, who runs away before the battle ends taking all of the Yoshi Eggs except for one. The babies take the egg with them and continue their adventure.
They then go to Sarasaland which has many of Bowser's minions. When the four reach the end of Sarasaland, they will find Tatanga who keeps the king and queen hostage. Once Tatanga is defeated the Yoshi Egg hatches to reveal the fifth star child, Baby Yoshi.
The five babies then go to Mushroom Kingdom and when they reach the end, they will battle Bowser, just as the five are about to lose when a star glows from behind Bowser and his son Baby Bowserjumps out and helps the babies. They then defeat Bowser and rescue Baby Peach and Baby Daisy.
The Babies can walk by themselves although they are very slow, during the Big City levels they can jump on the back of remote control cars to move faster, they must jump out to attack while in these though they are very fast. In the DK Isle levels they can join up with various generic Kongs and swing through vines as well as attack foes, these are slower than the cars. In the Yoshi Island levels they must be joined up with a Yoshi, which makes them jump higher, and they can swallow up enemies. In the Sarasaland levels they may jump on the backs of small camels in certain areas, which makes them a bit faster, and a lot higher up, they are like a moving platform. In the final stage they do not pair up with anybody. Their attacks include jumping on people for Mario and Luigi, with certain power ups Mario and Luigi can throw Fireballs, Donkey Kong can do super punches, Wario can fart on foes and Yoshi can spit fireballs. Yoshi can also swallow enemies, Donkey Kong can throw enemies and Wario can shoulder barge foes. Twirling the Wii remote around will cause the baby to fall down, which will also drag down any nearby foes and if Wario or Donkey Kong are used it may trigger a switch or slam an enemy into the ground. You can switch between any of the babies that you have by holding down the A and the B buttons which opens up a menu for you to select your baby.
- Baby Mario – Baby Mario is one of the two you start with. He jumps on people and throws red fireballs.
- Baby Luigi - Baby Luigi is one of the two you start with. He jumps on people and throws green fireballs.
- Baby Wario – Baby Wario is the first character unlocked. He shoulder barges foes and farts on them.
- Baby Donkey Kong – Baby Donkey Kong is the second character unlocked. He throws foes and can do super punches.
- Baby Yoshi - Baby Yoshi is the third character you unlock. He hatches from an egg, can swallow up foes and spit out fireballs.
- Baby Bowser – Baby Bowser is only usable for a single battle. He can spit fireballs and claw at his enemy.
- Young Toadsworth – Toadsworth is playable in the tutorial level, he can headbutt foes with his mushroom head.
- Baby Peach – Baby Peach is the sixth star child and the only one that is not playable. King Koopa kidnaps her at the start of the game. She sends a distress signal to the other star children
- Baby Daisy – Baby Daisy is not a star child however she is also kidnapped by King Koopa at the start of the game.
- Baby Funky – Baby Funky Kong is not a star child but he was also held hostage by Prince K. Rool.
- Cranky Kong – A young Cranky Kong is attempting to help the star children against Prince K. Rool however he is defeated.
- King and Queen of Mushroom Kingdom – They are also kidnapped by King Koopa at the start of the game.
- King and Queen of Sarasaland – They are kidnapped by the alien Tatanga.
- King Koopa – The main villain he launches a full scale attack on the Mushroom Kingdom kidnapping it, Big City, DK Isle, Yoshi Isle and Sarasaland. He is thwarted by six of the seven star children including his own son Baby Bowser.
- Kamek – King Koopa’s right hand man, he headed the invasion of Yoshi Island and kidnapped all of the Yoshi eggs. Only one was freed the fate of the other eggs is unknown.
- Baby Waluigi – Baby Waluigi fought along side Baby Wario at the end of Big City. When they lost he ran home instead of helping the star children.
- Prince K. Rool – K. Rool appears as a villain at the end of the second stage, he is only a prince, the current Kremling King is not seen.
- Tatanga – He is seen as the stage villain for Sarasaland, this is his first attempt to conquer the land.
The first stage of the game, it’s Mario and Luigi’s hometown and where the original Donkey Kong game took place. It is also the first stage of the game, it consists of four levels where you fight against weak foes. Only Baby Mario and Baby Luigi are playable in this stage. They may jump on remote control cars to go faster. The level bosses are Baby Wario and Baby Waluigi.
The second stage of the game, it’s Donkey Kong’s island and where Baby Donkey Kong joins the group. The Island is swarmed with King Koopa’s minions instead of Kremlings and gnawtys. Baby Donkey Kong and Baby Funky are seen being held hostage by K. Rool at the end. The level boss is Prince K. Rool.
A peaceful island inhabited by Yoshis and Birdos. However it is infested with King Koopa’s troops. Kamek is at the end and he has kidnapped all of the Yoshi eggs. The Babies all pair up with Yoshis at the end of the level only one Yoshi egg is saved. The level boss is Kamek.
A desert nation near the Mushroom Kingdom ruled as a monarchy, the baby Princess Daisy is friends with Princess Peach of the Mushroom Kingdom. The nation is swarmed with King Koopa’s minions. The level boss is Tatanga.
A large country governed by a king and queen it is the central area in most Mario games. This is the final stage and King Koopa is locked up in the castle with his hostages. The level boss is King Koopa and Baby Bowser joins you for the final battle. This is the last level in the whole game.
- Baby Wario
- Baby Waluigi
- Prince K. Rool
- King Koopa
- Baby Bowser
Main Article Diaper Duty 2: The Eggs
Recently reviewers got a demo of the game at a Nintendo event dedicated to Vined Inc. Reviewers were impressed with the tie together of the Donkey Kong, Yoshi and Mario worlds and showing the history behind the Mario Bros’ childhood home. Reviewers gave it high scores with an 8.5/10 from IGN and an 8/10 from Gamespot. Reviewers loved that it returned to the side scrolling Gameplay from the original Super Mario Bros apposed to the Free Roaming levels from recent console titles.
- This is the debut for Baby Waluigi, Baby Funky and Prince K. Rool
- This is the first time that Donkey Kong Island has been placed in the same area as the Mushroom Kingdom though it has been long speculated due to the Kong clan’s frequent visits for sport games.
- This is the first time that the King of the Mushroom Kingdom has appeared since Super Mario Bros. 3 and the first time the Queen has ever appeared.
- In Baby Peach’s room a tennis racket, golf club, soccer ball, baseball bat and basket ball are all seen sitting high up.
- This is the first time that Toadsworth has been playable, though this is his second appearance as a young Toad.
|Super Mario Bros: Diaper Duty|
|Baby Mario | Baby Luigi | Baby Wario | Baby Donkey Kong | Baby Yoshi | Baby Bowser | Toadsworth|
|King Koopa | Prince K. Rool | Kamek | Tatanga|
|Baby Funky | Baby Waluigi | Baby Peach | Baby Daisy | Cranky Kong|
|Big City | Donkey Kong Island | Yoshi Island | Sarasaland | Mushroom Kingdom|