Super Mario 64 U is a game from the Super Mario series made for the Wii U console. The game is a remake of Super Mario 64 for the Nintendo 64, bearing some new features on its storyline, gameplay and graphics.
Mario is snoozing on the roof of Peach's Castle only to be awakened by a lakitu bro, who informs him that Bowser kidnapped Peach and Mario's friends inside the castle walls. Lakitu wakes Mario up by popping his snooze bubble and tells him that luigi is gone. Mario goes on an adventure to rescue his friends and defeat Bowser again.
However, Bowser sets up traps for Mario and torments him at every corner. Luckily, Mario rescues his friends from the castle walls, and sets off to rescue Peach from his greatest enemy. Mario defeats Bowser, and him and his friends receive cake from Peach.
But in a new twist, Dry Bowser invades the castle and kidnaps Peach one last time. Now Mario, Luigi, Wario, Yoshi, and Waluigi must travel though one last world to finish the quest. They defeat Dry Bowser, and brings back Peach to the castle.
The controls are the same as in Super Mario 64 DS, but the circle pads control Mario's movement and the camera's movements. As in Super Mario 64, the player must collect Stars, but instead of 120 Stars, you can collect 200 Stars, 70 more Stars then in the orginal, and 50 more stars then in Super Mario 64 DS.
The player can switch characters though several doors in a room in Peach's Castle. To switch to Yoshi, you must go into a character door as the same character the door represents. To unlock the door, you must collect Key Shards scattered across the worlds. Five Shards form a Key, which can unlock a door.
Bowser Levels are nessessary to unlock parts of the castle or complete the game.
- Bowser in the Dark World
- Bowser in the Fire Sea
- Bowser in the Sky
- Dry Bowser in the Mega Fortress
- Big Boo
- Big Mr. I
- Big Bully
- Chill Bully
- Dry Bowser
- Waluigi is now a playable character.
- Petey Piranha is in a new world before Bowser in the Sky.
- Dry Bowser is the new final boss in a world where you play as all the characters.
- The graphics have an HD makeover.
- Eyerok is faced again in Bowser in the Sky, but with only one hand made out of stone.
- Players have the option to create their own playable character, and three "defaults" have been added, a Shy Guy, Peach, and Koopa the Quick. The player can edit their sizes, abilites, and character skins, and can post them for download on the Nintendo Miiverse.
- New mini-games have been added.
- A new world, based off World 1-1 from Super Mario Bros'., has been added as a bonus stage, with only one Star.
- A purple Coin, worth 50 Coins, has been added into the game.
- A new Super Guide has been added, but when used, players only earn a Bronze Star.