Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Please refrain to edit without permission! Fixing errors and refining is still allowed.
|Super Mario 3D Land: Fun with Friends|
|Developer(s)||Ye Olde Baker Boy Productions|
|Story Mode, Multiplayer Mode, WFC|
| PEGI: 3+
|Media Included||Nintendo 3DS: 3DS Game card|
Super Mario 3D Land: Fun with Friends is a remake of the original 3DS game for the same console. This game was developed by Ye Olde Baker Boy Productions. Basicaly, this game has new levels, remade old levels, new and returning powerups and items for the players to use and a heavier focus on multiplayer as well as new playable characters along with Mario and Luigi.
It all starts some time after the events of the original Super Mario 3D Land took place. Mario and Luigi were having a picnic with the princesses Peach and Daisy when Bowser's Doom Ship came in, much to the four's confussion. A pipe appeared on the ship's underside and began to suck up the princesses like if it was a vacuum and succeeded. The Mario brothers rushed to save them when they suddenly stumbled upon Wario and Waluigi. Mario and Luigi asked for their help and the Wario brothers decided to help him with the condition that the princesses must kiss them as well when they save them. And so, both the Mario brothers and the Wario brothers set off to rescue the damsels.
At World 1-Castle, the four defeated a false Bowser and rescued a Blue Toad that joined their party. The heroes received letters from the princesses as they travelled across the worlds and, at World 5, received one from Daisy telling them that they had escaped from Bowser's Castle but she was stuck at 5-Castle. She was rescued by the heroes and joined the party.
When they arrived at World 7, they received a letter from Peach telling them that she was waiting at 7-Airship but when they defeated the boss, they found out that she was a cardboard decoy and the real Peach had been taken back to Bowser's Castle.
Mario and his team eventually arrived at World 8-Castle, where the real Bowser was waiting but got defeated by the heroes, who eventually reunited with Peach. However, Kamek rushed in with Bowser hanging on his broom and took her away to World 8-Final Castle.
The heroes defeated Bowser for good and return to the Mushroom Kingdom with Peach as the credits rolled. After the credits, a cutscene is seen in which the Comet Observatory is seen floating around Special World 1. Rosalina is later rescued from Dry Bowser at Special 1-Castle and joins the party.
The player must venture through the worlds using Mario, Luigi, Wario and Waluigi to rescue the princesses Peach and Daisy.
Up to 4 players can play together. All the levels are available (Even if a player hasn't reached all of them) but each player can only play as the characters he/she has unlocked.
Like in Multiplayer Mode, a player can go online to play with people from all around the world. All the characters are available. However, there's a specific world for this mode called World W.
Jumps higher than Mario
He's the strongest character, making him able to break Black Brick Blocks
Can perform a double jump in mid-air
He's the fastest character of the roster
|Defeat the False Bowser at World 1-Castle|
She's a bit faster when compared with Peach
|Defeat the False Bowser at World 5-Castle|
She can float in the air if the player keeps the jump button pressed
|Defeat Bowser at World 8-Final Castle|
The rolling is replaced by the Star Spin
|Defeat Dry Bowser at Special 1-Castle|
|Yoshi||Rideable in some levels|
|Toadsworth||He gives clues to the players about Star Coin locations|
|Toadette||Hosts Toad Houses so the player can get items|
|Bowser||He has kidnapped Peach once again! And Daisy too! The Mario brothers and the Wario brothers will have to defeat him if they want the girls back.|
|Boom Boom||One of Bowser's top soldiers. He appears at the Airship levels from Worlds 2 and 3 and fights alongside Pom Pom in World 7|
|Pom Pom||Another top soldier from Bowser's troop. She appears at the Airship levels from World 4, 6 and 7 with the help of Boom Boom|
|Dry Bowser||He captured Rosalina when she arrived at the first Special World. He's also fought at the other castle levels from the Special Worlds|
- World 1: A grassy plain. Pipes and hills can be seen in the background.
- World 2: A valley in the sunset.
- World 3: A beachy area.
- World 4: A forest area with mushrooms in the background.
- World 5: A desert with cacti dancing at the map's theme.
- World 6: A sky area full of clouds.
- World 7: A poisonous swamp area.
- World 8: A volcanic place for the first half (8-1 to 8-Castle) and a barren place with thunderstorms for the second half (8-6 to 8-Final Castle).
- Special 1: An at night version of World 1. A teal glow can be seen in the sky (It can probably be the Comet Observatory).
- Special 2: A remade version of World 2. Its night time and the colour of the sand is Blue.
- Special 3: An underwater view of World 3.
- Special 4: A remade version of World 4. The mushrooms now look like Poison Mushrooms and spores rain down the place.
- Special 5: A remade version of World 5 with darker sand and flowers blooming out of the cacti.
- Special 6: A stormy version of World 6. The clouds are recolored grey.
- Special 7: World 7 with a pink-coloured swamp.
- Special 8: An area that has a huge retro feel. The sky is golden-colured.
- World W: A cybernetic area. A space view of Earth can be seen in the background.
- Super Mushroom
- Super Leaf
- Fire Flower
- Boomerang Flower
- Statue Leaf (Only in Special Worlds)
- Poison Mushroom (Only in Special Worlds)
- Hammer Suit
- Frog Suit
- Speed Shoes
- Golden Super Leaf (Appears if the player loses 5 lives or more in a level)
- P-Wing (Appears if the player loses 10 lives or more in a level)
- Propeller Mushroom
- Brick Blocks
- Black Brick Blocks
- ? Blocks
- Used Blocks
- Donut Lifts
- Bounce Mushrooms
- Warp Boxes
- Star Coins
- Roulette Blocks
- Jump Blocks
- Mystery Boxes
- Yoshi Egg
- Boo Block
- Goomba (Can have Tanooki Tail) (Also as Paragoomba and Micro Goomba)
- Koopa Troopa (Green, Red, Blue and Yellow)
- Hammer Bro
- Fire Bro
- Boomerang Bro
- Tanooki Bro
- Buzzy Beetle
- Spike Top
- Lakitu and Spiny
- Piranha Plant
- Venus Fire Trap
- Inky Piranha Plant
- Boo (Can have Tanooki Tail)
- Bomb Boo
- Balloon Boo
- Bullet Bill (Can have Tanooki Tail)
- Bob-Omb (Can have Tanooki Tail)
- Thwomp (Can have Tanooki Tail)
- Monty Mole
- Dry Bones
References to other games
- Super Mario 3D Land: It's heavily based in this game. Most of the enemies (Including the Tanooki tail'd versions of some of them) return.
- New Super Mario Bros.: Balloon Boos return.
- Super Mario Galaxy: Bomb Boos return.
- P-Floatie Racers: The default playable cast is used as the playable cast in this game.
- Daisy wears a Kitsune Suit like Luigi does when they get a Super Leaf.
- Since Toads already wear a scarf while wearing a Tanooki Suit, when Blue Toad gets a Statue Leaf, his suit is grey-coloured.