|Super Mario: Star Search|
|E for Everyone|
|Media Included||DeluxGamer Card|
Super Mario: Star Search is a platformer released for the new DeluxGamer (coming soon). While it is a 2D platformer, it bears resemblance to Super Mario 64.
While the object of Star Search is to collect Power Stars like that of Super Mario 64, the game plays almost exactly like a 2D platformer. Like a 2D platformer, Star Search doesn't have a health meter - the player's health is determined by how powered up he/she is. The main thing that is not a 2D platformer object is finishing the level in a certain amount of time - the player has no time limit unless it is part of the level. Luigi is also a playable character, unlocked after beating the Ghostly Ghetto world.
- A: Jump
- B: Attack
- C: Crouch
- C in midair: Ground Pound
- C then A: Backflip
- C then A while running: Long Jump
- C then B: Roll
- L or R: Dash
Power-ups are received from ? Boxes. Power-ups are lost by getting hit. The list of power-ups follows:
- Mushroom: Turns Small Mario into Super Mario
- Fire Flower: Allows Mario to shoot fireballs.
- Ice Flower: Allows Mario to shoot snowballs that freeze enemies. The ice cubes can be picked up.
- Propeller Mushroom: Allows Mario to fly upward, slowly descend, and crash down to earth.
- Super Leaf: Turns Mario into Raccoon Mario, who can fly and flick enemies with his tail.
- Missile Mushroom (new!): Allows Mario to shoot missiles that home in on enemies.
- Aqua Flower (new!): Allows Mario to shoot bubbles that imprison enemies. The enemies can be defeated by having their bubble destroyed.
- Rock Mushroom: Allows Mario to bowl over enemies.
- Heart: Allows Mario to take one hit without losing his power-up.
- Rainbow Star: Makes Mario invincible, and increases his speed.
- Hang Glider (new!): Allows Mario to glide across large gaps.
- Mini Mushroom: Makes Mario small, allowing him to fit through small cracks.
- Mega Mushroom: Makes Mario giant, allowing him to crush everything in his path.
- Boo Mushroom: Allows Mario to turn invisible briefly by pushing the b button.
- Hammer Flower: Allows Mario to throw hammers.
- Boomerang Flower: Allows Mario to throw boomerangs.
- Earth Flower (new!): Allows Mario to briefly create earthquakes, destroying all enemies in its wake.
- Yoshi Egg: Allows Yoshi to be ridden.
One sunny day in Toad Town, Mario receives a letter from Peach, inviting him to a party in his honor. However, on the night of the party, all Mario finds at the castle is a note. It reads, "MWA HA HA! Mario, guess who's back? I took Princess Peach across the Mushroom Kingdom. You'll have to come get me if you want to save her! Bowser". So Mario sets out once again to save Peach from Bowser...
There are ten worlds and a HUB in Star Search. All worlds have 7 stars, two of which are hidden, and one is a challenge unlocked after the other six stars are obtained. The HUB only has 1 star.
- HUB: Pipe Yard. Allows Mario to access the ten different worlds.
- World 1: The Fields. The first world, a grassy field. 1 star required to unlock.
- World 2: Dry Bones Desert. A desert world. 5 stars required to unlock.
- World 3: Blooper Beach. The third world, a beach. 8 stars required to unlock.
- World 4: Ghostly Ghetto. A haunted world, the fourth. 14 stars required to unlock.
- World 5: Iced Glacier. A fifth, snowy world. 20 stars required to unlock.
- World 6: Wacky Woods. The sixth world, a forest. 24 stars required to unlock.
- World 7: Koopa Kaverns. The seventh world, which is a cave. 30 stars required to unlock.
- World 8: The Sky. A cloudy, eighth world. 33 stars required to unlock.
- World 9: Mount Mushroom. The ninth world is a mountain, unlocked after getting 36 stars.
- World 10: Bowser's Fire Sea. The final world, a lava terrain. 50 stars are required to unlock.