- Mushroom Metropolis
- Rainy Ruins
- Grassland Gorge
- Amusement Area
- Yummy Yachts
- Igloo Icing
- Soda Summit
- Uranic Utopia
Super Mario: Remote Future is more like a collectathon than any previous Super Mario title. Mario and company can collect many different items, each serving different purposes.
- Silver Coins are small coins that serve no real purpose. They are most often found in clusters.
- Coins provide an extra life whenever 100 are collected, and can also be cashed in to buy clothing and more.
- Star Coins are roughly analagous to the Yoshi series' Red Coins. They are slightly larger than typical coins, and each level has ten. Collecting them all will spawn a spare Power Star.
- Power Stars are the game's most important collectible. Three can be found in each level on the way to the Goal Pole, and certain levels can be unlocked with a certain number of stars.
- Sprouts are plucked out of the ground in and across certain levels to make different types of power-ups start appearing. For instance, the first level contains eight Mushroom Sprouts; plucking them all will make Super Mushrooms appear in certain Question and Brick Blocks like in other games.
- Goal Poles end the level upon being grabbed. They are used as a metric in certain completion-based measurements and calculations.
There is also one special collectible type in each world, which can be used for specific purposes in its respective world and sometimes beyond.
Certain items will be usable by moving and clicking .
Super Mario: Remote Future is the first main-series game to include equippable clothing. Players can change their characters' hat, shirt, gloves, and shoes for added stat and ability boosts. The game also introduces the concept of "chocolate" clothing, which looks tasty but doesn't do anything gameplay-wise.
|Hats||None||Cap||Fire Cap||Ice Cap||Wing Cap||Propeller Helmet||Jet Hat||Buzzy Beetle Shellmet||Spiny Shellmet||Chocolate Cap|
|Shirts||Shirt and Overalls||T-Shirt and Overalls||T-Shirt||Chocolate Shirt and Overalls|
|Gloves||None||Gloves||Spiked Gloves||Boxing Gloves||Chocolate Gloves|
|Shoes||Socks||Flip-Flops||Boots||Super Boots||Ultra Boots||Spring Boots||Cleats||Anti-Gravity Sneakers||Chocolate Boots|
|Buzzy Beetle||Spiny||Hammer Bro.|
|Piranha Plant||Shy Guy||Pokey||Monty Mole|
|Bullet Bill||Chain Chomp||Thwomp||Whomp|
- Bonus Room
- Subway Underground
- Intense Athletic!
- Clear Pipe Travel
- World 2: Rainy Ruins
- Waterlogged Waterfalls
- Rainshed Dive
- Inside the Ruins
- Rainbow Level
- World 3: Grassland Gorge
- Coaster Run
- Pinball City
- World 6: Igloo Icing
- Igloo & Ice Cave
- World 7: Soda Summit
- World 8: Uranic Utopia
- Heavy Traffic!
- Oncoming Traffic!!
- Polluted Waters
- Motorized Airships
- Castle Lair
- Super Castle
- Airborne Super Castle
- Planetary Misalignment
- Neo Bowser's Castle
- Neo Bowser's Castle's Factory Core
- Bonus Blastoff
- In a nod to the Portal series, as well as the Mari0 crossover fangame inspired by it, Mario will be able to wield a fully-functional Aperture Science Handheld Portal Device.