|Sunkern did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#191|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#103|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
Sunkern (Japanese: ヒマナッツ Himanuts) is a Grass-type Pokémon. It evolves into Sunflora when exposed to a Sun Stone.
Sunkern is a mostly yellow, seed-like Pokémon with a small sprout growing out of its top. It has triangular, spike-like protrusions on top of its head, encircling the sprout. Its body has three broad, brown, vertical stripes. Two of the stripes start jaggedly above Sunkern's dark eyes and continue downward. The other stripe is directly below Sunkern's mouth. Since Sunkern's eyelids are brown, the brown streak patterning appears uninterrupted when Sunkern’s eyes are closed. Sunkern is known to be very weak. Aware of its weakness, it only feeds until it evolves.
However, it feeds on only the dew from under the leaves of plants. It tries to move as little as possible, since it tries to conserve all the nutrients it has stored in its body for evolution. If attacked, it shakes its leaves at the attacker. Sunkern occasionally falls from the sky on early mornings for unknown reasons. A year after a cold summer, the population of Sunkern explodes. Sunkern can be found in grassy meadows.
- Sunkern has the lowest base stat total of all Pokémon, with a total of 180 points.
- Sunkern also has the lowest HP of all Grass-type Pokémon, is tied with Lotad for the lowest Defense of all Grass-type Pokémon and is tied with Bellsprout and Seedot for the lowest Special Defense of all Grass-type Pokémon.
- Sunkern shares its category name with Bulbasaur and its evolutions. They are all known as the Seed Pokémon.
- Sunkern's official artwork more closely resembled its Shiny form in Gold and Silver than its regular form. This was somewhat rectified in Crystal, although the artwork was still more similar to its Shiny sprite; this discrepancy was fully rectified in Generation III.
- In The Official Pokémon Handbook 3, published by Scholastic Corporation, Sunkern's data says its height is 0'01" when it is actually 1'00".
- Sunkern has the highest average Performance of any unevolved Pokémon.
← #190: Aipom
#192: Sunflora →