Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Sudowoodo did not originate from fanon, and more information can be found on their respective wiki(s). You may read more about it on the following wiki(s):|
|National Dex Nr.||#185|
|Johto Dex Nr.||#107|
|Other Regional Dex Nr(s).|
Sudowoodo (Japanese: ウソッキー Usokkie) is a Rock-type Pokémon. It evolves from Bonsly when leveled up while knowing Mimic.
In Generation II, its remakes and Pokémon Emerald, wild Sudowoodo can be found blocking the road in inconvenient locations in Johto and Hoenn. In order to catch one, a Trainer must first alert it by squirting it with water from either a SquirtBottle or Wailmer Pail.
Sudowoodo has a brown, log-shaped body with yellow spots. It has short legs with toeless feet and thin forelegs with three green spheres at the ends. It has a forked "branch" on top of its head, which is shorter on the female than on the male. Despite its appearance, Sudowoodo's composition is closer to a rock than a plant.
Sudowoodo disguises itself as a tree and stands along paths to avoid being attacked. Its camouflage fails in the winter, as its forelegs remain green unlike real trees. Sudowoodo is very weak to water and hates it, so it flees when it starts to rain. Sudowoodo can be found living in forests.
- Sudowoodo was created by Ken Sugimori.
- In the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series, Sudowoodo stand still in dungeons pretending to be trees, in a similar manner to the Sudowoodo in Johto.
- In Generation II, only one Sudowoodo appears (from being sprayed with water from a SquirtBottle). Similarly, in Generation III, only one Sudowoodo appears—this time as the result of a spray from the Wailmer Pail. However, in Generation IV, the player can get multiple Sudowoodo by evolving Bonsly or by catching it in grass.
- In Pokémon Diamond and Pearl, Sudowoodo, along with Skuntank, Togekiss, Fearow and Yanma, weighs as much as the male protagonist of the game.
- In Pokémon X and Y, a Sudowoodo can be encountered in a Horde Encounter with four Trevenant; this may be a reference to Sudowoodo's habit of disguising itself as a tree.
← #184: Azumarill
#186: Politoed →