|Full Name||Steven Universe|
|Current Age||Changes based off his state of mind|
|Species|| 50% Human|
|Family and Relations|
| Greg Universe (father)|
Rose Quartz (mother)
|Main Weapon(s)|| Shield|
|Ability/ies|| Summoning a shield that can not only defend perfectly but also release powerful shockwaves of energy|
Summoning an indestructable bubble
Healing with his spit (formerly)
Steven Quartz Universe is the eponymous main protagonist of the show Steven Universe.
He is the son of Greg Universe and Rose Quartz, and the only human male member of the Crystal Gems. A half-human, half-Gem as a result of his parentage, Steven is an extraordinary unique being with innate powers beyond that of both normal humans and Gems. Guided and aided by the Crystal Gems, Steven's destiny is to protect humanity as his mother did before him.
Steven is relatively short with a thick, stocky build. He has curly, dark brown hair and black irises. He wears a reddish-pink T-shirt with a bright yellow star on it. He also wears blue jeans and light reddish-pink flip-flops. His gem, a rose quartz which he inherited from his mother, is where his belly button should be.
Steven is an amicable, outgoing, and carefree boy with a happy-go-lucky attitude that is appreciated by many of the citizens of Beach City in one way or another. He is musically inclined, a trait inherited from his father, with a propensity for breaking out into song and (occasionally) playing on his ukulele. Steven is also very kindhearted and compassionate, something which Pearl notes he has inherited from his mother, and he deeply loves his friends and family. He is friendly toward almost everyone he meets, rarely holds grudges, and is very non-discriminatory, never treating anyone with prejudice. No matter the situation, Steven will always go out of his way to support his loved ones, even if it means putting his life on the line, and he will avoid resorting to violence.
Steven looks up to his caretakers -- Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl -- and considers them his family. He wants to be a great hero just like them, and he is eager to go on adventures with the trio, both to prove his worth and to have fun exploring strange lands. Despite his under-developed magical power and lack of experience, he has proven himself to have much heroic potential through his resourcefulness, optimism, and confidence.
Steven is rather naive and socially oblivious, due to his isolated upbringing by the Gems. He is often prepared to go on adventures at a moment's notice, but he has a habit of biting off more than he can chew, requiring the Gems to intervene. With his unique way of handling problems, he tends to make situations worse before he makes them better. For a while, despite experiencing near-death or traumatizing events, Steven would retain his child-like innocence and obliviousness to the dangers. Following the revelations of the Gems' dark history and the encounter with Jasper however, Steven has gained a new level of seriousness about the dangers of being a Crystal Gem. This initially made Steven self-conscious about his immaturity and he resolved to outgrow it, although his misguided attempt would be a source of self-inflicted misery as he tried to break off his friendship with Connie to protect her from harm; it was only Connie's sensible nature that stopped him from going down a bad road. Some of this social pressure was alleviated in the events of "Joy Ride", when Jenny, Sour Cream, and Buck helped to convince the Gems that Steven needed a break after being hit so hard from all sides.
Like his mother, he appears to be very charismatic, easing a raging crowd (in the episode "Political Power"), motivating his friends and father in working out and Pearl to find strength to fight Sugilite (in the episode "Coach Steven").
Steven, of course, has sandard abilities, such as punching and kicking.
Being half-human and half-Gem, Steven is capable of using magic, though it is unknown if he possesses all the abilities of a pure Gem, such as retreating to their gemstone when taking fatal damage. As associated with his gemstone, Steven's powers are maternal in nature and the control of his gem is based on emotional clarity.
Steven has shown to have some abilities of a regular Gem, but sometimes has little control of them due to not receiving enough training. He can also warp using the warp pads, and bubble objects and gemstones to be teleported to the temple with seemingly full control. He has also been shown to be able to fuse, when he fused with Connie to form Stevonnie. However, he has not yet fused with a Gem. Steven is also capable of shapeshifting, but he has not yet learned to control it. His first (and, so far, only) attempt in the episode "Cat Fingers" was disastrous, temporarily turning him into a cat monster.
- Shield Proficiency: Due to possessing his mother's gemstone, Steven can summon Rose's shield. Because Steven's powers are maternal in nature, he is required to feel a strong need to protect and help others in order to call his shield out. Early on, he had little to no control over how to summon it, only calling it forth by chance or when in mortal danger. As of "Sworn to the Sword", Steven is now able to not only summon his shield with little effort, but also increase its size at will. He appears to have become quite skilled in wielding it as he was able to use it in conjunction with his protective bubble and defend against Pearl's strikes. Unlike some other gems, instead of "pulling" his shield out of his gem it appears in his arms similar to Garnet's gauntlets appearing over her hands. Also, when in great excitement, Steven can shoot his shield like a projectile at great speed and power.
- Variable Age: As revealed in the episode "So Many Birthdays," Steven can manipulate his age through his state of mind and maturity. Steven's biological age depends solely on how old he thinks he is.
- Healing: (currently inactive) Steven's saliva has the power to heal the injuries of both humans and Gems. Steven's healing capabilities have not yet been seen to the full extent of his power, but he is shown to be capable of healing cracked gemstones as seen when he healed Lapis Lazuli in "Ocean Gem." He can also heal common human injuries, seen when he healed Connie's eyesight in "An Indirect Kiss" and Greg's broken leg in "House Guest."
- Phytokinesis: In "Watermelon Steven," Steven discovers he has the ability to grow sentient flora in the form of watermelons shaped like himself. They acted as his bodyguards, but they weren't directly under his control and the Watermelon Stevens would ignore his orders and attacked whoever they thought was threatening him, suggesting that he doesn't have full mastery over this ability thus far.
- Enhanced Strength: Steven occasionally performs feats of strength that would be impossible for a human boy his age - or even a grown man. In "Together Breakfast," Steven is able to lift and force the Together Breakfast in its mutated state into the lava pool without the other Crystal Gems's assistance. He also displays a large amount of strength in "Arcade Mania" when he rips off the top of the Meat Beat Mania arcade game to break Garnet from her trance. He displays an even further amount of strength in "The Return" when he smashes Greg's van's dashboard with a single punch, apparently hard enough to both shatter it and activate the airbags. In "Joy Ride" he's able to move Jenny away from the Escape Pod with little effort. As Gems are much stronger and durable than their appearance would indicate, Steven's superhuman strength was most likely passed down to him from his mother.
- Resistance to Anti-Gem Weaponry: Because Steven is half-human, he is resistant to anti-gem weaponry. He can pass through the yellow destabilization fields on Peridot and Jasper's Gem Warship and grab the live end of Peridot's Gem Destabilizer with only mild discomfort. This field is rumored to disable Gems, but as Steven is half human, it can only destabilize half of his form and can only shock him.
- Bubble Shield: Steven can summon an incredibly durable (pretty much indestructable) bubble which encases him and others that he's protecting. In the episode "Sworn to the Sword", it is shown that Steven is capable of summoning it reflexively, as he instinctively summons his bubble to protect himself and Connie due to his wariness of Holo-Pearl as a result of the events of the episode "Steven the Sword Fighter".
- Dream Communication: In the episode "Chille Tid", it is shown that Steven can talk to gems through dreams. Steven talked to Lapis mentally as he was dreaming. He also saw Jasper and Malachite in the same dream at Malachite's Realm and they noticed him as well.
- Emotional Communication: In the episode "Horror Club", Steven was able to sense the Lighthouse Gem Monster's presence as well as its emotional state.
In this game, Steven appears as a default playable character. His weapon is a shield, and some other abiltiies of his include simple punches and kicks, summoning his indestructible bubble, and using weaponry that is equipped.
- Steven is to be thought by many as being 10-13 years old.