Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
These are the intro and outro Journal cutscenes for the main story, narrated by a sole unnamed Stormtrooper voiced by Temuera Morrison.
Geonosis: Attack of the Clones (tutorial)
- Intro: "My first day as a member of the 501st was hot, sandy, chaotic - nothing at all like the simulations on Kamino; of course that's pretty much how it was for all of us, wasn't it? All that breeding, all those years upon years of training... doesn't really prepare you for the screaming or the blood, does it? Frankly, I'm amazed we made it through the first hour, nevermind the first day."
- Outro: "Incredibly, the 501st survived the crucible on Geonosis and emerged battle-hardened and ready for whatever the war would throw at us."
Mygeeto: Amongst the Ruins
- Intro: "In the waning months of the Clone Wars, the 501st faced missions critical to the agenda of Chancellor Palpatine; when we arrived at the bombed-out ruins of Mygeeto, our Jedi commander had believed we had been sent to take out a droid energy collector. What Ki-Adi Mundi didn't know, however, was that our unit of the 501st was really after an experimental Mygeetan power source that the Chancellor wanted for his superlaser; keeping Mundi in the dark wasn't easy - the Jedi had become increasingly wary of the Chancellor's doings and were on the lookout for the slightest hint of treachery. But just like the rest of them though, he never caught whiff of what was really going on, until it was far too late."
- Outro: "The success of the mission on Mygeeto was something of a revelation to the men of the 501st; suddenly, we realized that the Jedi could be fooled. And if they could be fooled, they could be killed."
Space Coruscant: A Desparate Rescue
- Intro: "As the Clone Wars progressed, more and more ground-based units found themselves pressed into space combat, including the fighting forces of the 501st; for month after month, every hour of our downtime was spent in the simulator, preparing us for the time we would face our enemies from the cockpit of a 170. Finally, the day came to earn our wings: the CIS had staged a daring kidnapping of Chancellor Palpatine, and were escorting him from Coruscant with a fleet of Separatist ships; with only a few veteran pilots on planet, many of the 501st were pressed into service to drive off the Seps and buy time for a pair of Jedi Knights to rescue the Chancellor."
- Outro: "After disabling the final capital ship, General Kenobi and Skywalker took advantage of the opportunity we'd created and rescued the Chancellor. Took all the credit, too."
Felucia: Heart of Darkness
- Intro: "It's been said that the 501st got the best of the war, but we also got the worst; on Felucia, the Seps dug their metal heels into the muck of that alien hellhole and dared the Republic to come in after them. So we did, only to be met with month after month of flesh-eating diseases, shrieking nocturnal predators, and other sights that haunt me to this day. Cut off and, for all we knew, abandoned by our superiors, our only hope was Aayla Secura, our Jedi commander; without her, I - well, none of us would have come out of that mess with our sanity - or our lives. When her death came, I hope it was quick; she earned that much."
- Outro: "When the 501st was finally rotated out of Felucia, Aayla Secura made a point of seeing us off personally, calling us "the bravest bunch of soldiers [she'd] ever seen"; it's a good thing we were wearing helmets. Of course, none of us could bear to look her in the eye."
Space Kashyyyk: First Line of Defense
- Intro: "When the Seperatists' invasion of Kashyyyk caught the Republic flat-footed, a detachment of the 501st was sent in to stop the bleeding until reinforcements could arrive; it was a textbook suicide mission and we knew it. As we fought our way into Kashyyyk's atmosphere, many of us believed that the only way we would be getting off this planet was in a body bag."
- Outro: "As the 501st finally broke through the Sep blockade over Kashyyyk, I took a long, hard look back at the battle that raged on over the planet and wondered why so many had to die for a bunch of walking carpets; then I followed my orders and turned planetward."
Kashyyyk: A Line in the Sand
- Intro: "When we arrived on Kashyyyk, things were just as bad as we feared: the droids had us outgunned, outmaneuvered and outmanned by a 5-to-1 margin; what none of us had counted on was the Wookies. We all heard the stories, of course, but we never fought next to them, never seen them rip apart a Battle Droid with their bare hands; they were magnificent. Even though, it was still a suicide mission; at least it was until Master Yoda arrived. Then it became a battle, a winnable battle."
- Outro: "With the timely arrival of Master Yoda, the 501st was able to hold the line against the Seps on Kashyyyk; we left as heroes, but years later, we would return as conquerors."
Utapau: Underground Ambush
- Intro: "In our bones, we knew the war was almost over; the galaxy held its breath, watching and waiting to see which side would make the final daring move. As fortune would have it, the Republic moved first; after informed the Jedi Council that General Grievous and the Sep leaders were hiding on Utapau, General Kenobi gathered an army large enough to capture 3 star systems. When the orders reached the 501st, our morale soared; for better or worse, this would be the beginning of the end."
- Outro: "With the death of General Grievous at the hands of General Kenobi, the Utapau raid had broken the back of the Separatists; under normal circumstances it would have been a time for celebration, but our next orders put pain to those thoughts."
- Intro: "What I remember about the Rise of the Empire was... was how quiet it was; during the waning hours of the Clone Wars, the 501st legion was discreetly transferred back to Coruscant. It was a silent trip; we all knew what was about to happen, what we were about to do. Did we have any doubts? Any private, traitorous thoughts? Perhaps, but not one of us said a word; not on the flight to Coruscant, not when Order 66 came down, and not when we marched into the Jedi temple. Not a word..."
- Outro: "With the fall of Coruscant and the elimination of the traitorous Jedi, Palpatine's rise to power was complete; in recognition of our service and loyalty to the Emperor, the 501st was placed under the direct command of Lord Vader. Armed with deadly new weapons, blazing new ships and shiny new armor, our prescence let the galaxy know that the days of the old Republic were well and truly over; we were establishing a new era: an era of order and peace."
Naboo: Imperial Diplomacy
- Intro: "During the Rise of the Empire, the Emperor's home planet of Naboo rapidly established itself as a major irritant; after a number of Naboo's ambassadors were sent home in various states of dismemberment, her newly elected Queen broke off diplomatic ties and began exploring military options. Clearly, it was time for a regime change - a change that would be effected by the 501st, now under the direct command of Darth Vader; our orders were simple: to infiltrate the city and take out their leader, sending a clear signal to other potential troublemakers in the Empire.
- Outro: "With the Queen eliminated, Naboo quickly fell in line; this was the first time the 501st was called upon to... adjust a planet's government, but it wouldn't be the last; within months the 501st gained a well-deserved reputation as "Vader's Fist."
Space Mustafar: Preventative Measures
- Intro: "Although the Clone Wars were over, some people never seem to get the message. The worst case of denial was Gizor Dellso, a Geonosian Separatist that somehow escaped Lord Vader's efforts to wipe out the remnants of the CIS; Lord Vader tracked him to Mustafar and brought us in to finish the job. It seemed like a simple enough mission; but when we saw the fleet of Droid ships hovering over the planet, we suddenly realized that Dellso's denial mechanisms were a little more dangerous than we imagined."
- Outro: "The slight whiff of nostalgia the 501st had enjoyed fighting the droid fleet over Mustafar had already grown sour by the time we established orbital positions; now it was time to see what this was all about."
Mustafar: Tying up Loose Ends
- Intro: "By the time we made our way to the molten surface of Mustafar, it was apparent that Dellso had been a busy little bug; all by his lonesome he found a previously hidden droid factory, fired it up and cranked out his own private army of Battle Droids. Needless to say, this got the men of the 501st a little hot under the helmet, and not just cause of all that lava; truth be told, we all had our fill of those gearheads during the war, and we couldn't stomach the thought of going through another one. So we blew them up; blew up the droids, blew up the factory, damn near blew up the planet."
- Outro: "The destruction of the mining facility put an end to any thoughts of a second droid rebellion; for the first time in years, the 501st could go about the business of maintaining an Empire, rather than building one.
Kamino: Changing of the Guard
- Intro: "Officially, there never was a Clone Rebellion on Kamino; unofficially, approximately 20 years after we were created, a special detachment of the Imperial 501st Legion was dispatched to Kamino, with orders to eradicate an army of clones that had been bred to take arms against the Empire; our mission commander, an expert on the inner workings of Kamino, was a young bounty hunter named Boba Fett."
- Outro: "The bounty hunter left after the battle was over; said something about tracking down a smuggler on Tatooine. After the Kamino uprising, the Emperor decided that an army of genetically identical soldiers was too subsceptible to corruption; future troopers would be cloned from a variety of templates. Though the 501st itself remained pure, the rest of the Imperial Army gradually became more and more diverse. We never really got used to the new guys..."
Death Star: Prison Break
Polis Massa: Birth of the Rebellion
Tantive IV: Recovering the Plans
Yavin Orbit: Vader's Fist Strikes Back
Yavin IV: Revenge of the Empire
Hoth: Our Finest Hour
Endor Orbit: Second Chances
Endor: Our Final Stand