Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|1-Player Story Mode|
|Media Included||Cryogon cartridge|
StarFall is an RPG developed by Pyro Enterprises, inspired by Undertale and the Earthbound series and meant to act as a reboot of the company's Mother U project.
Welcome to the world of StarFall!
Explore a world full of wonder and weirdness! Take the time to talk with people or take on a wild array of enemies!
Every battle is unique - no two enemies are quite the same!
Your choices matter - do you want to bring peace or ensure safety?
Chapter 0: Prologue
StarFall's gameplay is heavily based off of Earthbound and Mother 3, with similar settings and gameplay style. Players typically explore the world from a semi-top-down perspective, though the camera angle may change to top-down or side-scrolling depending on the area. While on the overworld, players may interact with NPCs and other objects.
Similarly to Undertale, StarFall's story has a branching path system depending on player actions; this can lead to different areas being accessible, different bosses being fightable, and different equipment being available.
Battling is incredibly similar to Mother 3, with a maximum of four party members battling at once. Battle is initiated when the player contacts an enemy on the overworld; if they run into the back, they may strike the enemy from behind for extra damage, but if an enemy runs into the back of a party member, they are stunned for one turn. Nearby enemies of the same type are attracted when battle initiates.
While in battle, multiple commands are available:
- Attack: The exact name of this command varies between characters, but the effect is the same. Performs a basic attack that can be chained by pressing the button in time with the beat of the music- the chain has a maximum length of 20 attacks.
- Special: A special command that varies between party members. Typically uses EN points, but may not depending on the character.
- Defend: Do nothing, but raise defensive stats greatly until the next turn.
- Objects: Use an object in the character's inventory. All characters have a separate, limited inventory, so space counts.
- Run: Escape from battle. If it fails, you do nothing. If it succeeds, all characters flee battle, and gain temporary invincibility to enemies on the overworld.
Character HP and EN points are represented by an odometer-like device called the HP-ometer, which rolls up or down when changed as opposed to being a static number. The impact of the meter mechanic increases as characters gain higher stats; lethal attacks can be slowed or reversed by healing while the meter ticks down, or slowed to stall for time by defending.