Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Day 1 - Spider-Man & Venom 2
So, Day 1 has begun, and as a result, I'm finally telling the story behind the two sequel entries I've planned for this, as I always intended this series to be a trilogy (I've decided against DLC, so there's not gonna be much extra to look at).
Spider-Man & Venom: Partners
This kinda takes it up a notch from the last entry; let me elaborate.
The Spider-Man & Venom trilogy follows the rungs of a ladder (or layers of a pyramid, however you want to put it) when it comes to bad guys:
- At the bottom, you have purse snatchers, hooded robbers, common street scum (like most of the goons you fight in the game).
- Up the next section are the gang leaders and demented killers
- Succeeding that are low-level supervillains (like SM&V's Shocker and Hammerhead)
- Continuing up higher, we find the more dangerous supervillains (like Carnage, for example)
Of course, the Pyramid is kinda high, considering how many dangerous classes of crooks there are.
What's this got to do with SM&V: Partners? Well, this one takes it to two levels not seen before: the hired killer supervillains and the manipulative Kingpins.
The main story is simple: as previously seen in the last entry, Norman Osborn and Wilson Fisk didn't part on friendly terms, and are doing constant strikes on each other whenever they have the shot; these are usually done by a small group of supervillains each side controls: Osborn has the Goblin Knights, Kingpin has the Insidious Syndicate (kind of an exaggeration since it's so small). Each side throws different punches, eventually attracting the attention of the titular duo of the games, who decide to split the workload.
The neat thing is, depending on what character story side you use, there are 4 possible endings: 2 for Spidey, and 2 for Venom. I'm not going to delve too far into the new gameplay elements, but let's just say it's gonna be branching. Far more than you've seen with the first one.
I guess that wraps things up for the first day, so be back tommorow to cover Spider-Man & Venom 3.
Day 2 - Spider-Man & Venom 3
Well, moving on, now we come to the last chapter of the trilogy, where all the problems add up into a huge battle encompassing the entire city of New York, every last island being a part of the battlefront.
Spider-Man & Venom: Web Warriors
The main story is simple: due to the events of Partners, Harry Osborn wants revenge on the heroes for... something that happened in Partners. Not going to spoil that now. But in the end, he assembles an army to take out the heroes and rule the city for himself: this army consists of powerful supervillains, hired crooks, gang remnants, and the remaining Task Force members, out of a job since the events of Partners.
I've decided on pulling out all the stops for this; every last canonically alive villain introduced in the Spider-Man & Venom series is coming back: in other words, Shocker will return, but Carnage won't.
I will confirm several villains here for now:
- Harry Osborn/Green Goblin (he's the main villain, of course he's in)
- Serena Patel/Doctor Octopus (Otto Octavius is honestly the most commonly used incarnation for Doc Ock; but you don't see the 2099 version much, especially considering 2099 isn't usually an explored timeline in Marvel Comics)
- MacDonald Gargan/Scorpion
- Adrian Toomes/Vulture
- Felicia Hardy/Black Cat (While she's not really a villain per se, she is the main goal for a "Wanted" mission)
- Herman Schultz/Shocker (He won't play much of a major role, but due to the new "Wanted" missions scattered throughout the city (I got the idea from Arkham Knight), Shocker will return)
While that isn't the full list, it is a sample of the many different villains that will appear in the game.
Day 3 - The Spider-Man & Venom Trilogy
Anyway, this is the end of the showcase for Phazonworks, and I'm happy to announce that tomorrow, Spider-Man & Venom: Partners will be going up for the wiki.