Inspired by this.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ--hVvBN6U (Credit to DisketteDetective)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 has an 8-Bit counterpart for the Game Gear. It was different from its 16-Bit counterpart.
- Fire Plains Zone: An orange forest with fire. Its music was an 8-Bit rendition of Sonic 3's Angel Island Zone Act 2 music.
- Aquatic Temple Zone: An temple filled with water. Its music was an 8-Bit rendition of Sonic 3's Hydrocity Zone Act 1 music.
- Green Grove Zone: An Green Hill Zone-like zone. Its music was an 8-Bit rendition of Sonic 3's Azure Lake Zone music.
- Snowy Hill Zone: An place filled with snow. Its music was an remix of Sonic Triple Trouble's Robotnik Winter Zone music.
- Volcanic Mountain Zone: The mountains with volcanoes everywhere! Its music was an 8-Bit rendition of Sonic & Knuckles's Lava Reef Zone Act 1 music.
- Metal Ruins Zone: An industrial-styled ruins and it's got fans, loop-de-loops, and more! Its music was the only original music piece to be shown.
- The Grand Finale Zone: The last zone of the game, which is at inside of Metal Ruins Zone! It only requires all seven Chaos Emeralds. Its music was an 8-Bit rendition of Sonic 2 (16-Bit)'s Boss music.